forum

Right now I full alternate. Should I learn to singletap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cant stream 220
When I first started, I only single tapped (like for everything). After a while, I realized that there were 2 buttons so I was like ok I'm gonna use 2 of them so I can go fast.

So now I alternate for everything, but I see that most of the good people singletap and only alternate on streams.

So should I relearn singletapping and then learn alternating for streams (but I'm not even good rn I can only get S on like less than 2.7 star maps and there aren't really any streams at all there)

The only time I'd see myself alternating then is on those thingies where there's like a few fast hitcircles before the slider.

Is it worth it to learn singletapping again? (alternating doesn't give me any problems but I want to know if it would be worth it to learn singletapping)

Also does anyone know how good a Topre keyboard is to play osu?
Wishes
I'd say if you're comfortable with alternating don't switch back. I've been playing full alt since day 1 pretty much, and tried switching to single tap before but didn't work out. It's not like there are no good players who alternate, so it's not impossible to get good with it, but it does take more control to have the same consistency as single tappers.
DXPOHIHIHI
well you can try switching to singletapping, as for me I improve like shit tons, like.. from 84%acc to 98%acc lmao

but it's really preference, if you want to increase acc switch to singletap
Deva
A good player can both singletap and alternate
D_Loomz

Deva wrote:

Flyy
I find that for alternating I need a lot of brain power (no pun intended lol) to alternate and my aim goes off when I try alternating. If it works for you, then there's no problem.
Topic Starter
cant stream 220

Flyy wrote:

I find that for alternating I need a lot of brain power (no pun intended lol) to alternate and my aim goes off when I try alternating. If it works for you, then there's no problem.

rn I'm used to full alternating and it's weird for me to singletap, and it's even harder for me to singletap and alternate only when it's the right time to do so
DXPOHIHIHI

Sorgair wrote:

Flyy wrote:

rn I'm used to full alternating and it's weird for me to singletap, and it's even harder for me to singletap and alternate only when it's the right time to do so

Lmao give singletapping a try for like 5 hours (I got the hang of it in just 3 hours lol)
Topic Starter
cant stream 220

szkiller wrote:

Sorgair wrote:

Flyy wrote:

Lmao give singletapping a try for like 5 hours (I got the hang of it in just 3 hours lol)

aight so now I singletapping feels normal again but when I have a really fast thing I can't transition to alternating and I can't singletap fast enough. also it feels really weird to do those fast circles before a slider if try to alternate starting on x but it feels so natural starting it on z even though I only use z when alternating and even then I start on x.
MrGarebear2000
If you are already really good at alternate tapping then I don't see the need to switch to single tapping. Alternate tapping is superior after all to single tapping because it can adapt to any pattern in game. All in all it is just preference (pros single tap cuz it's just what they are used to). Topre keyboards are adequate when playing osu.
Nattsun

szkiller wrote:

200 IQ player
Kondou-Shinichi

Deva wrote:

tbh its hard to be good at both
if youre very good at singletap alt is hard
if youre very good at alt singletap is hard