forum

Controlling my nerves

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Serphus
I have a hard time controlling my nerves if i'm playing a map and i'm trying to fc it.
It depends on the day but usually I get so nervous that my aim starts to get really shaky.
So I need some advice, unless it's just "play more"
Tamako Lumisade
Drink a green tea.
vinnicci
Try to turn off in-game interface by pressing shift+tab, it will remove combo counter. And play a lot of playing 3+ min. maps, helps you get used with high combos and/or not care about them.
Topic Starter
Serphus

vinnicci wrote:

Try to turn off in-game interface by pressing shift+tab, it will remove combo counter. And play a lot of playing 3+ min. maps, helps you get used with high combos and/or not care about them.

Well.
I'm already doing that, I usually play longer maps.
I also have my UI most of the time off.
KupcaH
same
- e - v - b-
Play multi
Play in tournaments
Play more
Edgar_Figaro
Still my biggest problem to this day. Only way to combat nerves for me is to let my mind be blank and just focus. The moment I start to think about what I am doing the moment I mess up.

That being said, when it’s a potential top score it’s hard to Not think about it
DontBanJanna
I have this problem a lot too ; - ;
I just go for high-star maps that will give me a lot of pp regardless if I fc it or not. Also, having a high mouse speed helps! It makes it easier because you can wait a bit before clicking circles.
NixXSkate
Have more confidence in yourself and know that you can definitely do it again
dung eater
Learn to ignore the stupid shit your mind spouts and it will stop doing it.
kai99

Serphus wrote:

vinnicci wrote:

Well.
I'm already doing that, I usually play longer maps.
I also have my UI most of the time off.
same for me. i found playing easier maps make me less nervous.... but that's easy maps and i always choke and get super nervous and shake so much lol.
Deva
It has a lot to do with your mindset. You give too much importance to FCing maps.

One way to kind of get rid of it is to play a bit easier maps until you can FC them consistently and FCing becomes something normal to you.

Also you are not alone. Try to find some videos of top players choking because they started shaking/hyperventilating/whatever and it might make you feel better about yourself.
Kondou-Shinichi
it's hard
it's definitely hard to control your nerves
idk how either lol
Kishuya
Controlling your nerves is a hard thing to do, even top players get nervous. What you could do is try playing in a tourney or in multi; if you focus on having fun playing with others, you probably won't feel as nervous. This doesn't completely stop you from feeling nervous, however, it's a good place to start if you want to gain some confidence and feel less nervous.
D R I N K

vinnicci wrote:

That's a very nice tip!