osu! in eSports?

Yes
79.18%
No
20.82%
Total votes: 245
Topic Starter
Cesnuas
Personally, I want to see osu! in esports to see the new players reaction to the pros playing osu!, but what do you think?
VinZentVanDough
OWC Exists. Sure, let's show everyone that clicking circles is fun.
Tamako Lumisade
osu! would never be an esport, because the game itself is in a gray area of copyright laws. The more popular would osu get, the more songs will be taken down.
Echosai

Husky wrote:

osu! would never be an esport, because the game itself is in a gray area of copyright laws. The more popular would osu get, the more songs will be taken down.
Good point, didn't really consider that, but I think there should be more tournaments that are more easily accessible and stuff
Akanagi
No. It's too boring to watch imo, the pools will never be able to cover all the different styles of maps in one tournament, which already flaws the outcome. Low ARs are part of this game, yet last OWC featured hardly any of those maps, so you can't really pin down the best std player purely by tournament performance, since only so many maps can be played in one tournament.

With other games this doesn't exist.
Also, Copyright laws make it impossible anyway unless you only play songs made by featured artists, which again, neglects 99,99% of the other maps and mapping styles in this game. The outcome of the tournament would be rather meaningless.
-Makishima S-
No,

osu! doesn't need any significant recognition than it have now. It would end up with tons of DMCA and Copyright Strikes.
Also, osu! does not have esport potential at all.
Henta1KamiSama
couldn't agree more with taiga. I was watching a C9 sneaky stream and someone asked if Fortnite should be competitive. "does every game need to be in the competitive scene?" Most games are fine the way they are
OneTrueDuceOK
Well, it has the potential to be but many maps are copyrighted by other company and I don't want them to be taken down.
Kirika
As much as I would love it, I would be surprised if it did happen due to, as said above, copyright laws and etc. We can dream though!
Kondou-Shinichi
not only osu, but rhythm games in general
they should deserve a place in esport because more than anything, they require pure skill.
Wishes
osu is good to play but really boring to watch imo.
It's just watching to see who breaks their combo first. Gets stale real fast, and hard to create any hype.
Shizoruu
It would be fun to see an eSport with lolis songs XDXDXDXD but we know that it is impossible see that in a eSport
vinkami
Yes, but this is just in hope.
I don't see the reasons why osu! can't be eSports as it requires high level of skills like any other eSports games.
Playing osu! is also attracting one's eyes when it comes to seeing someone almost missed in a difficulty spike.
Meowcenaries
Nah, it can have it's own tournaments, but i don't see it becoming more than that. I think it is fine the way it is.
Farfocele
It could actually work... but we would need to stick to FA songs.