forum

Unpopular opinions thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
VinZentVanDough

Green Platinum wrote:

Anyone else hear somebody talk about 'good animation' in anime? I'm 90% sure most don't have a clue what they are talking about and only talk about it because it makes them sound informed and good animation is an objective good.

The amount of people who praise still images and digital after-effects as good animation pisses me off. As well those who focus being smooth and on-model rather than technicals bothers me too.

This isn't unpopular
Green Platinum

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

This isn't unpopular
Nah if it was unpopular I'd see a lot more people calling out those blaming budget for mediocre productions and plenty more people who have some understanding of animation. The ignorance is massive in how widespread it is.
Alf is Alf
Zero two worst girl
Quibbly
Haitai sucks
Flanster
osu memes suck
abraker

Flanster wrote:

osu memes suck
we said unpopular opinions, not facts
Nameless
Nier: Automata is pretentious as fuck
I mean, I haven't heard this said before and it's an opinion that I hold so I assume it's unpopular
Hickacou
Nightcore is shit.

abraker wrote:

we said unpopular opinions, not facts

Yes, don't get tired of saying it again c:
Nameless

Hickacou wrote:

Nightcore is shit.
Wait, that's an unpopular opinion?
Winnyace
osu! level system is cool.
Hickacou

Nameless wrote:

Hickacou wrote:

Nightcore is shit.

Wait, that's an unpopular opinion?

Y-yeah of course..
^ That's my unpopular opinion !
ReconWolf
did you like
stole the title of this post from the TF2 discussions?
johnmedina999
That's an impressive post count.
B1rd
Let me think of some of my actual unpopular opinions

-race and genes matter and affect behaviour and intelligence
-thus ethnic nationalism makes sense and certain countries/regions should be for certain races and ethnicity so people can associate with people similar to themselves
-race mixing is distasteful
-welfare should be abolished and people should be able to chose what to do with their money instead of being taxed
abraker

B1rd wrote:

-welfare should be abolished and people should be able to chose what to do with their money instead of being taxed
Hmm how would you feel about needing to pay taxes, but choosing how much of their tax money goes into what?

inb4 looks good on paper, but disaster if applied. Budgets being too volatile blah blah blah
B1rd
It would be better to give people more control over where there money went, but it would still be a convoluted system, better to let people simply pay for what they use for.
B1rd
*their
beachTurkey
I absolutely HATE Narrator
Brainage
beachTurkey

Brainage wrote:

I'm not a sellout
That’s Where You’re Wrong, Kiddo
Dustytuft
Achromalia
"Bass-boosting sounds fucking great"...

*sigh*
abraker
But high bpm synth sounds great
mewsapphire
3D>2D
abraker

mewsapphire wrote:

3D>2D
no.

(2i + 3)D > 2D
night-owl
zero two sucks
(probably a pretty popular opinion but it should be what everyone thinks)
Green Platinum

night-owl wrote:

zero two sucks
Why though? I don't care much for Franxx but it just reads as the typical "I don't want my anime girls to have sexuallity; they should be meek and chaste"
jhen_old_1
bird people are superior
tobuu
stop bumping threads that are 4 years old you fucking cuck
afrono
Bumping old threads is encouraged and should happen as frequently as possible.
Serraionga

afrono wrote:

Bumping old threads is encouraged and should happen as frequently as possible.
Eclipsi001

C00LZ wrote:

unpopular opinions are just popular opinions that no one dared to say

agreed
night-owl

Green Platinum wrote:

night-owl wrote:

zero two sucks

Why though? I don't care much for Franxx but it just reads as the typical "I don't want my anime girls to have sexuallity; they should be meek and chaste"

im not into girls, i hated her cuz of the fanboys
Quibbly
Quibbly sucks at osu!
Achromalia

night-owl wrote:

also, yes, i know, i do edit my posts a lot. too bad the edit option doesn't have a preview, i can't really spot mistakes or figure out what to add without previewing it first. or maybe it does, but i'm just that blind.
use the old site, maybe. it should be more obvious there.

OT: "The new site is easy to look at and doesn't hurt my eyes by how bright it is at all compared to the old one"

The old site is just... better. it's easy to work with, especially in the forums.
night-owl

Achromalia wrote:

night-owl wrote:

also, yes, i know, i do edit my posts a lot. too bad the edit option doesn't have a preview, i can't really spot mistakes or figure out what to add without previewing it first. or maybe it does, but i'm just that blind.

OT: "The new site is easy to look at and doesn't hurt my eyes by how bright it is at all compared to the old one"

The old site is just... better. it's easy to work with, especially in the forums.
oh, that tip sounds like it would come in handy indeed! i've started playing osu again a month ago after a long time, and i've been using the new interface ever since (i'm actually new to the forum). thank you :oops:
Achromalia

night-owl wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

night-owl wrote:

oh, that tip sounds like it would come in handy indeed! i've started playing osu again a month ago after a long time, and i've been using the new interface ever since (i'm actually new to the forum). thank you :oops:

you're welcome .w.

the new site is actually alright, and is useful if you need to stack more than two quotes, but i dont use it for much else. you dont see the ability to preview your edits on the new site, so you'd have to switch to the old one if you wanna do that. you'll see it when you use it.

im just a little uncomfortable with the new site's current interface. it could still use some more work. maybe tone down the brightness, and make it so that it loads a bit quicker, since a long continuous string of posts just eats away at the load. due to that, having multiple pages like the old site would be more efficient.

and there's a few other little things like that about the old site that make it more practical. the new site is definitely something that is sleek and looks nice and modern, it just doesn't work well for me when i want to get shit done on the forums and act as my forum-dweller self. (which explains how active i am and why i tend to reply to about 20% of the posts on OT and 75% on FG)
night-owl
yeah, the old site seems to be indeed more practical. frankly i love how the new site looks on userpages, but i saw there's even a topic made in order to point out the things that could be improved on it. forum dwelling really is fun, i must admit, but for 3 years i was way too self conscious to post anything on it ^^"
thanks again for the tip!
johnmedina999
Unpopular opinion: the story of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories is better than the story of Kingdom Hearts II. Also Axel is overrated.
Westonini
The "ligma" meme revival was a godsend.
show more