forum

Jesterfest (DAY 1)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rantai
Vote Salvage and you may just be spared for now, guy.

Besides we'll need some townies to lynch the jesters. It's all down to if you want to co-operate or die by the hands of the mob.

And it's more hilarious this way.
Salvage
I propose two options for town and mafia if Jesters do really want to do what Rantai is doing.

We quickly do a No-Lynch and keep on going against the jesters denying that from happening, or we hammer the indie (possible jester too) and go on with the same idea ignoring that awfull plan.

So basically we can do a no lynch and i'll scan Rantai to make sure he's not a jester and lynch him tommorrow, and we can arrange here who Mafia should kill here, town and mafia should work together atleast till Jesters are a minimun of people .. or we can lynch Rantai asap and risk him being a Jester (i personally do not like this choice but it's one to take in mind).

Either the need of making a target for mafia to kill it's needed cause otherwise we'll be facing the same jester problem again tommorrow.

So here is my suggest: No lynch today, mafia kills Sync i scan Rantai.

any objections?
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Even though he claimed survivor, and you want to lynch him.

Smart thinking, Salvage.

/sarcasm
Rantai
Again you don't have the majority, Salvage.

Even if you convinced every mafia and town to work with you, you'll be 3 votes short.
Salvage
?

explain that swift please cause i don't get what you mean .. we'd be lynching someone who isn't town and jester .. so it would help town also taking in mind he has anti town iniciatives he's suggesting.
Salvage

Rantai wrote:

Again you don't have the majority, Salvage.

Even if you convinced every mafia and town to work with you, you'll be 3 votes short.

activeness > mayoritiy.

bring them all up and we'll talk then
Rantai
--> implying town is active

Besides we have a week.

Also requesting a vote count somewhere please.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
You do a no-lynch, and you get a 0% chance of hitting town, mafia, and jesters. Cool, but wouldn't you rather try to hit a mafia instead? Sure, odds are, you'll hit a jester, but think about it for a moment, would you rather go for a lynch and at least TRY to get a mafia instead of doing this no-lynch strategy?

Now, about the survivor. Why do you want to lynch a survivor in the first place? Unless he really IS a jester (which I doubt, by the way), I don't think doing this is a good idea.
roufou
I'd rather like it if jesters actually earned their win by being lynch-able, I guess I may change my mind later in the day :s
Rantai
Earning their win is by banding together and forcing it instead of milling around hoping to be lynched.

No?
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Jesters WANT to get voted for.

I don't. ...nor do I know why Wojjan is voting for me.
Salvage

Swiftwolf Yellowtail wrote:

You do a no-lynch, and you get a 0% chance of hitting town, mafia, and jesters. Cool, but wouldn't you rather try to hit a mafia instead? Sure, odds are, you'll hit a jester, but think about it for a moment, would you rather go for a lynch and at least TRY to get a mafia instead of doing this no-lynch strategy?

Now, about the survivor. Why do you want to lynch a survivor in the first place? Unless he really IS a jester (which I doubt, by the way), I don't think doing this is a good idea.

i wouldn't try to hit mafia instead cause that would give jesters more advantage against town, we need to cooperate with mafia to take the jesters away from the picture and take some mafias in the proccess, then play a traditional game after that, if we take mafia at the beginning it's a free win for atleast 70% of the jesters and a possible high chances of loosing for town.

the no-lynch strategy can break all this cons regarding the town dissadvantage against the jesters if mafia works with town atleast the first two days

about lynching the indie it's just because he's having several anti-town suggestions and that doesn't help us at all.
Rantai
Simple, you're not a jester.

Though I'd still rather see Salvage lynched because you seem to not be against us, for now.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
..You know what would be hilarious?

I'm restating my earlier claim about Salvage, by the way:

If he was a cop jester, but instead of winning by getting X amount of jester searches, he gets a power for every jester he searches. I dunno what, but it's possible.
Rantai

Salvage wrote:

i wouldn't try to hit mafia instead cause that would give jesters more advantage against town, we need to cooperate with mafia to take the jesters away from the picture and take some mafias in the proccess, then play a traditional game after that, if we take mafia at the beginning it's a free win for atleast 70% of the jesters and a possible high chances of loosing for town.
Hey mafia, do you really want to help this backstabbing 2 timer?

At least I'm open about my intentions and hey who knows, if you kill the town instead of jesters and then lynch them one by one, you'll actually have majority and win too. Because there will eventually be 0 town and 2 jesters assuming me and the other indie live. It's actually very beneficial to you because EVERYONE wins except town.
Salvage

Rantai wrote:

Simple, you're not a jester.

Though I'd still rather see Salvage lynched because you seem to not be against us, for now.

is that a jester claim
roufou
Jesters can't really overthrow us if we lynch one Day1, do they? If Im forced to lynch a jester I will probably do so, but I won't just give them a free win!
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Rantai wrote:

Salvage wrote:

Hey mafia, do you really want to help this backstabbing 2 timer?

At least I'm open about my intentions and hey who knows, if you kill the town instead of jesters and then lynch them one by one, you'll actually have majority and win too. Because there will eventually be 0 town and 2 jesters assuming me and the other indie live. It's actually very beneficial to you because EVERYONE wins except town.
And the two other jesters.

Or, you could do it the other way, and have the mafia killed off, which could lessen (or increase) the number of jester wins.
Rantai
Take it as you want. We indies will have our day.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

AGUYWITHTHENAME wrote:

Jesters can't really overthrow us if we lynch one Day1, do they? If Im forced to lynch a jester I will probably do so, but I won't just give them a free win!
The game doesn't end if a jester wins, if I recall. It continues normally.

Mod: Can you confirm this, please?
Rantai
Well you see, there are less mafia to deal with than town.

Actually I just realised if the mafia are willing to kill off two/three of their own all jesters and indies can win with the mafia.
Topic Starter
Mara
VOTE STATUS

No Lynch (8) - Drakari, Ekaru, Salvage, bmin11, pieguy1372, Quaraezha, AGUYWITHTHENAME
Salvage (3) - Mashley, Rantai, Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Sync (2) - Lybydose, DeathxShinigami
Rantai (1) - Sync
Swiftwolf Yellowtail (1) - Wojjan

Correct, game doesn't end if a jester wins.
roufou
I don't think so either, but I won't just let third parties get their wins, it's like giving someone a reward they don't deserve!
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Except survivors can easily get a joint win with town (or mafia, since they're neutral)
Rantai
That's fine, at least I know you're town/mafia.

You remaining jesters/indies vote Salvage if you want a good chance at winning this. Mafia if you want in on this too, just vote Salvage.

Town must burn.
Rantai
Oh yeah @Salvage - it doesn't even matter what I am (Jester or Survivor) because in the end I'm still working towards the same goal (if you really really think I am jester I am willing to never be lynched in order for another jester to win)

In the end not being lynched helps my agenda both ways so yeah post digging won't help you here ^_^
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

LunaticMara wrote:

VOTE STATUS

No Lynch (8) - Drakari, Ekaru, Salvage, bmin11, pieguy1372, Quaraezha, AGUYWITHTHENAME
Rantai (1) - Sync

Correct, game doesn't end if a jester wins.
Mod: You miscalculated the people that voted for a no lynch. I see seven people, yet it says eight.
Salvage
Let's make it simple Rantai, if Jesters do that you loose and we lynch you eventually are you up for that.

Regarding lynching a jester to prevent them from being mayority it's a decent option if it's nothing else to go along with, the funny thing is that they want to start being lynched one by one and stop the no-lynch plan, but they're voting me instead

Anyways i'd go allong with that No-Lynch thing till we're not mayority anymore then we stick with the lynch being done and then mafia kills a jester and keep on going from that.

The good thing about this is that all the Jesters are gonna be confirmed since they're the only ones that could be against the No-Lynch suggestion, is for Town and Mafia benefit to go along with the no lynch situation and thus if they lynch me at the end Town wouldn't need me anymore cause all the Jesters would be confirmed, so if they lynch me mafia can kill a jester (already confirmed for not voting No-Lynch) and then ignore those players who were in the opposite bandwagon that the No-Lync one.

^, With that said if Jesters go along with the lynch situation they're instantly confirmed and just a minority of jesters will end up winning, and Rantai will be lynched eventually and loose too for being anti-town.
Topic Starter
Mara

Mod: You miscalculated the people that voted for a no lynch. I see seven people, yet it says eight.
Yup, basic tuuba.

VOTE STATUS

No Lynch (7) - Drakari, Ekaru, Salvage, bmin11, pieguy1372, Quaraezha, AGUYWITHTHENAME
Rantai (1) - Sync
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Salvage wrote:

Let's make it simple Rantai, if Jesters do that you loose and we lynch you eventually are you up for that.
Wrong.
Anyways i'd go allong with that No-Lynch thing till we're not mayority anymore then we stick with the lynch being done and then mafia kills a jester and keep on going from that.
...My most recent claim about you being a jester is still holding true.

That and the anti-lynch style jester, where you get some sort of power if you manage to get people to vote no lynch. You've been at it for a while. (Again, I don't care who wins)

With that said if Jesters go along with the lynch situation they're instantly confirmed and just a minority of jesters will end up winning, and Rantai will be lynched eventually and loose too for being anti-town.
...What? I fail to see how this works out. Hell, I could be mafia wanting to get you lynched. You don't know that. You can't just ASSUME that everyone that's not on the no-lynch wagon is a jester.
Rantai
What part of independent makes you think 'anti-town' is a negative factor.

Again I am WILLING TO LOSE for the jesters. With the jesters/indies controlling the votes we can co-ordinate a jester win 1 by 1 until we're left with 1 mafia and 1 (me). Mafia wins, all jesters win and town goes to the corner and cries.

But it is essential that all the town is voted off/night killed now so we can set this up as soon as possible. And remember being confirmed jester means nothing when it's all jesters all day. But yeah, jesters take a good hard look at what will happen if you follow the town path. You are intentionally throwing away your game.
Rantai
ebwop (or whatever it is) - mafia, all jesters and myself win*
Salvage

...What? I fail to see how this works out. Hell, I could be mafia wanting to get you lynched. You don't know that. You can't just ASSUME that everyone that's not on the no-lynch wagon is a jester.

Yes i can cause that No-Lynch situation benefits mafia too and the jesters are the only ones that doesn't help.
DeathxShinigami
I'm feeling a little loose right now. How about you Rantai?
Salvage
Again: If jesters vote another jester they'll end up being all confirmed then mafia kills another jester and they're not mayority anymore.
If the jesters vote town they'll still be mayority for one day more so 2 jesters win is the end-up result and the rest will automatically lose for being confirmed.

The only choice for jesters unless they want to give up they win to another jester is to go along with the No-Lynch plan and hope to be randomly lynched later on, otherwise they'll lose either way, your choice.
Rantai
Basically it comes down to this everyone

--> Follow the path of the Jester and reap the benefits of a guaranteed win for your faction*

--> Very coordinated lynches

--> A chance to show that town that them winning is laughable and all that jazz

Or

--> Follow the path of the town and have a slim chance of winning and hope they mislynch badly

--> No lynch like it's the new cool thing and let yourself be exposed one by one

--> Derp

*town not included
Rantai

DeathxShinigami wrote:

I'm feeling a little loose right now. How about you Rantai?
I feel frisky.
Rantai
Anyway going to sleep.

Vote [1] Salvage

For the "Screw you town, I want to win" party.
Salvage

Rantai wrote:

Basically it comes down to this everyone

--> Follow the path of the Jester and reap the benefits of a guaranteed win for your faction* ---> Following this path after the first Jester lynch the rest of the Jesters will be confirmed, mafia kills a Jester and then you're not mayority anymore, you can't keep up with the plan, and you all lose.

--> Very coordinated lynches ---> 2 maximum.

--> A chance to show that town that them winning is laughable and all that jazz ----> Wrong.

Or

--> Follow the path of the town and have a slim chance of winning and hope they mislynch badly ----> Best choice for jesters duh.

--> No lynch like it's the new cool thing and let yourself be exposed one by one ----> ??

--> Derp ---> Herp.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
You know, I think it's best to mix the two together. The first step of idea one is indeed stupid, because all jesters will NOT win if they all take out the townies. I think it's just better to simply lynch people left and right, and have cops (Salvage/anyone else, if there is another one) search for the jesters/mafia and simply make another lynch based off of those results.

Simple. Take out all the mafia with cop searches. Even if a jester slips on by and wins, who cares? (Other than you, Salvage)
show more