How to play hidden?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Oh Hyuk
You play a shit ton of maps, memorize common patterns. Boom
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I followed all of your tips and even downloaded that skin manuel gave me and I downloaded other random hd skins but I still cant play HD!!!!
(well, I can fc >4.5* but I have high standards idk)
KupcaH

szkiller wrote:

I followed all of your tips and even downloaded that skin manuel gave me and I downloaded other random hd skins but I still cant play HD!!!!
(well, I can fc >4.5* but I have high standards idk)
Now it's time to play more.
Tamako Lumisade
Dude, It feels like a half of G&R are your posts. Less typing, more playing.
Nattsun

Oh Hyuk wrote:

Or you start reading patterns like you are supposed to? Just a suggestion.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Nattsun wrote:

Oh Hyuk wrote:

Yeah I did started to learn easy patterns, but I can fc heavy jump maps, but not the one's with streams
Akanagi
Stop writing and start reading.
kai99
i cant play hd
D R I N K
I am the best osu player.
-Makishima S-
HD jumps - level easy
HD streams - level hard
HD spaced streams - level extreme
HD jumpstreams and tech streams - level god

Learn on simple maps, move to stream heavy maps, fail them over9000 times, learn how to aim streams with HD, then maybe move to regular quality maps.
Shoy
4 days ago : "I wanna be an HD player."
3 days ago : "I followed all your tips but I still can't play HD !!!"

Dude, were you really expecting to master HD in 24 hours ?

As a full HD player, my only advice will be this one : You'll have to learn reading HD first (kinda different than reading nomod), and start working on HD streams if you wanna play almost whatever "enjoyable" above 4.5*.

Complain in G&R about the fact you're not seeing any improvement in 1 day won't make you better tho. Put aside your "high standards" the time you're learning.
Nattsun

szkiller wrote:

Yeah I did started to learn easy patterns, but I can fc heavy jump maps, but not the one's with streams

Jumps with HD are not really difficult, though. The fun part begins when you play streammaps/techmaps with HD or <AR8.
-Makishima S-
Streams with HD = something which separates you from casual HD pp trash farmer.
HD trash farmers can only jumps
Real HD player can do streams, jumpstreams, tech patterns...

Sorry, as HD main I can clearly say - I will deny to call someone a HD player when only thing what he can is just jumps. It took me MONTHS of hard work to learn how to stream with HD and I still, being honest, cannot aim most of weird streams, not to mention spaced once. Simple streams are fine, as far as I have stamina but something really complex, maybe in 1000 years.
ManuelOsuPlayer

[Taiga] wrote:

Sorry, as HD main I can clearly say - I will deny to call someone a HD player when only thing what he can is just jumps. It took me MONTHS of hard work to learn how to stream with HD and I still, being honest, cannot aim most of weird streams, not to mention spaced once. Simple streams are fine, as far as I have stamina but something really complex, maybe in 1000 years.
It's just tap, aim follow the tap. Let aim hand relaxed and forgot about it.
Akanagi

[Taiga] wrote:

Why are we treating HD like it's some high society that you have to earn access to get into? To every beginner / newer player: HD is not the cool kidz table of this game, it's usually just what "HD players" want you to believe.

A HD player is someone that plays HD, end of discussion. Whether he can only play jumps or not shouldn't matter. There are beginners that main HD and simply can't stream on HD because they can't stream, yet you want to exclude them from your "club" or definition of a HD player purely by silly standards like whether someone can hit spaced- and techstreams and what not.

Nor is HD the mod you have to practice for months or years to be pro at. It takes 100-300h hours maybe to get past that entry level of adjusting to read HD, after that, atleast for me, it plays exactly the same as nomod, even if you neglect it for several months.
HD is not a "hard" mod, and playing it doesn't make you some kind of underranked underground elite player, same goes for all you "tech"-players out there btw.

TL;DR
Just pour like 100-300h into HD and then you should be able to transfer all your nomod skills over to roughly the same level on HD. That's how it works for me and I believe works for most others as well.
Flyy
only 1 true answer, play more.
Oh Hyuk

Nattsun wrote:

Oh Hyuk wrote:

Yes, I agree... but what i mean is, the ability to read patterns as they come; come muscle memory which you gain from playing a lot. If that makes sense lol
-Makishima S-

Rayne wrote:

Why are we treating HD like it's some high society that you have to earn access to get into? To every beginner / newer player: HD is not the cool kidz table of this game, it's usually just what "HD players" want you to believe.
Because HD cannot be treated differently from other mods. You are not considered as HR player if you cannot efficiently play AR10 OD10. You cannot be called a DT player if you cannot efficiently play 230-240+ bpm AR9.6 or 10.3, and so on. Same goes now for HD after change - you cannot be considered as HD player if you cannot efficiently play at least stream heavy maps.
Interpretation matter.

Rayne wrote:

A HD player is someone that plays HD, end of discussion. Whether he can only play jumps or not shouldn't matter.
Not enough topics here about "why I lost pp"? Well, soz, in my opinion if someone claimed to be an HD player, he actually gained ranks or stay where he is regardless on the change. Why? Because he can use this mod efficiently on all kind of maps, not only trash 1-2 spam 30 seconds BN vomits.
To be more funny, even for me as I also have trash farm maps in top, with over 70% of HD scores, I jumped from 31k to 24k after recalculation.

Rayne wrote:

There are beginners that main HD and simply can't stream on HD because they can't stream, yet you want to exclude them from your "club" or definition of a HD player purely by silly standards like whether someone can hit spaced- and techstreams and what not.
"can't stream" is an excuse which I also used. EXCUSE, no will to learn, no will to practice. Period. Until your hand is not injured to the point where you physically cannot stream, it is just your lack of interest in learning.

New players does not benefit from HD at all in term of ranking impact, difference between beginner maps and what you meet at 5,5-6* is not even possible to compare, different worlds. For new player it will be just experience for the future, yet used in the wrong way, will even hold back the player since learning certain parts of the game (eg. streaming) with HD only is a pain. Myself I took break from HD until I was good enough at streams and was able to hit this 240-250 bpm properly.
You can consider yourself as HD player if your top100 are shitarks farm trash but be prepared that if you somewhere in your player interaction call out someone top ranks, your "tops check" will be a point to call you out not only for farming shitarks maps but also for "claiming to be HD player while cannot do anything more than 1-2 for 30 seconds". If I claim to be an HD player, I can stand up the challenge and play whatever someone put to the table.

No, having pp trash farm maps in current state is not a thing to be proud of and every single player who put some effort into his rank have full right to call you out for this. Playing abusive maps vs playing actual hard maps is a difference. Same as playing for example toho games - don't claim to be good or be an toho player if your history with the game ends on Normal diff SC use while every real toho player spam 1CC No-SC Lunatic and extra stages.

Rayne wrote:

Nor is HD the mod you have to practice for months or years to be pro at. It takes 100-300h hours maybe to get past that entry level of adjusting to read HD, after that, atleast for me, it plays exactly the same as nomod, even if you neglect it for several months.
HD is not a "hard" mod, and playing it doesn't make you some kind of underranked underground elite player, same goes for all you "tech"-players out there btw.
This made me laugh tbh.
Good tech players are... well, depends - players like Azer, rustbell or GN are elite in term of tech maps, even heavy tech maps. They are kind of "underground elite players" because they can play maps which 99,9% of players cannot even pass in first 60 seconds.

Right now - well, mentality of sheep - HD is easy for jumps, HD is just visual mod for jumps, HD is hard for streams and speed patterns, that's why it should be boosted there, bla bla bla bla bla. U probably don't see the difference but - right now HD turned into another "everyone can use but not everyone can be efficient". I can even risk a sentence like - There is a difference from "visual mod" and "difficulty mod". Real HD players use it as difficulty mod, not just visual mod.

My personal biased opinion.
Implojin

[Taiga] wrote:

don't claim to be good or be an toho player if your history with the game ends on Normal diff SC use while every real toho player spam 1CC No-SC Lunatic and extra stages.

>talking about extra as though they're not just reskinned hard
-Makishima S-

Implojin wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

don't claim to be good or be an toho player if your history with the game ends on Normal diff SC use while every real toho player spam 1CC No-SC Lunatic and extra stages.
>talking about extra as though they're not just reskinned hard

vs

And TH10 Suwako is considered widely as easiest from all Ex-Bosses.
LMFAO "reskinned hard" xDDDDDD
Implojin
waiting warmly for you to 1cc the cave games
-Makishima S-

Implojin wrote:

waiting warmly for you to 1cc the cave games
Not interested, ty