forum

[Archived] Osu! latest update problem: "osu! was unable to obtain a graphics context."

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakyu Neko
Hello everybody, I have an issue when I open osu!

So, I recently updated the latest osu! version. Everything was OK, until I opened the game. A friend and me, tried doing the same in two computers but the same problem happens. Well, when we open osu! a window appears, and it says:

"osu! was unable to obtain a graphics context. If this is the first time you've seen this, please try restarting your PC.

If this is a fresh install, you may be missing graphics drivers."

We tried restarting the PC, but it didn't work... both computers are OK, and my friend has a really good PC (a "The Ultimate Force" PC, to be exact), but osu! continues being crushed.

My friend and me, think that is an issue related to the latest osu! update, if someone had the same problem and could solve it, please tell us how you fixed it. Thanks

June the 2nd, 2018

PS: Excuse my english if I made some typo lol
Occare
SAME. i have the same thing that wONT GO AWAY. I tried everything...
Death
What GPU do you have?
Topic Starter
Sakyu Neko

Occare wrote:

SAME. i have the same thing that wONT GO AWAY. I tried everything...

lmao we don't know what to do, we should go to church and pray for God lol
Occare

Death wrote:

What GPU do you have?

I'm on window 8, is that a problem?
Topic Starter
Sakyu Neko

Death wrote:

What GPU do you have?

I don't know, but my friend has a really good gamer PC and it contains games with really high graphics, so osu! shouldn't be an issue

Do you have the same problem?
Death
Open up your device manager and expand the display adapter section.

Occare wrote:

I'm on window 8, is that a problem?

No.

Sakyu Neko wrote:

but my friend has a really good gamer PC and it contains games with really high graphics

If that's the case then you should tell them to reinstall their drivers.
Etsu
i have same problem in ubuntu 18
MRJSC22
I also experienced the same thing, I beg osu to solve my problem
Death

MRJSC22 wrote:

I also experienced the same thing, I beg osu to solve my problem
Have you done what the error message suggests and restart your computer or reinstall your graphics drivers? If you have, and the issue is still present, we will need to know your GPU.
JesGreenEight
I have the same problem in windows 7.
Death

JesGreenEight wrote:

I have the same problem in windows 7.

Death wrote:

Have you done what the error message suggests and restart your computer or reinstall your graphics drivers? If you have, and the issue is still present, we will need to know your GPU.

Bumping this thread by saying "I'm having the same problem" will do nothing. Please read the previous posts in the thread.