forum

[Archived] osu!mania How to turn off the Combo Numbers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Optimistic Ori
Aight so them colored numbers that show up when ya play the mania mode and you hit the keys, how do you turn them off or hide them? I've looked it up and people say I need to set something to be transparent but I don't know if they're talking about what I am and I don't wanna screw with the files without being sure.

Then people say "Why would you want to hide them?" and that frustrates me because they are such a big distraction to me, when I see the numbers flashing with every key I press it gets my attention and they are all I can think about. I think it may be because I have ADD that they distract me? Not tryna use it as an excuse I just think I would do a lot better or at least have more fun paying attention to the game rather than the numbers that show up.

If ya can help or tell me if it can't be done then I appreciate it.
b3s1r
So you mean the mania-hit0 -hit50 and so on .png files in the skin. You can mess around in the skin Folders as much as you want without breaking anything important, so I would just replace the corresponding files with transparent images (you can make those in any Image editing software). I would just make a copy of the unedited skin, so you don't lose skin files you dindn't want to replace.
Topic Starter
Optimistic Ori

b3s1r wrote:

So you mean the mania-hit0 -hit50 and so on .png files in the skin. You can mess around in the skin Folders as much as you want without breaking anything important, so I would just replace the corresponding files with transparent images (you can make those in any Image editing software). I would just make a copy of the unedited skin, so you don't lose skin files you dindn't want to replace.

thanks mate i appreciate it