forum

How to break the bad habit of anger?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corruptopus
So I'm a regular nooby player and when i first started, I started some bad habits like getting really pissed when losing. Over time the habit got worse, and a little while ago I couldn't beat a 3 star so I started rolling on the floor, then started laughing hysterically.
I need help.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Corruptopus wrote:

So I'm a regular nooby player and when i first started, I started some bad habits like getting really pissed when losing. Over time the habit got worse, and a little while ago I couldn't beat a 3 star so I started rolling on the floor, then started laughing hysterically.
I need help.
Stress kill you. It does, so relax and do some sport when you get mad. Like boxing or whatever.
I think is something normal when you're young. As you are getting older your body learn to control the energy you need.
jungjushee
I guess this is something I need to address myself as well. I am extremely competitive and I can not stand it when I don't show the skill I know I have. I could 20-30k+ ranks over what I am now but I make such dumb errors. Shit misses, laptop lag spikes, and about 14 songs I would've FCed with 1 slider break. It's so infuriating. I have completely broken 1 mouse and 2 pairs of headphones over this game. That's not as bad as when I was in high school, but still, not good. I know I shouldn't and I'll regret it afterwards. I just remember the money I have to spend if I do it.

In your case, I suggest what I do, just sigh and realize it's a game and that after awhile you'll get it. I feel like I'm improving every day with stuff I couldn't do last week. Losing or making a mistake is all a part of getting better at the game.