forum

Rainbow mod for osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
Basically, this mod would make it so that the notes coming down in mania would be colored randomly.

Here's a few mockups of what the mod icon is and what it might look like in game:

I think this would be a pretty cool mod for mania. It wouldn't make the game any easier or harder, so it would be kinda like RD.
prometheus_v
mm nice
Tae
But... why?
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Tae wrote:

But... why?
Just to have sort of a "for fun" mod. Sort of like what random or nightcore does.
Tae
Except both actually change gameplay in some way, while this doesn't?
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Tae wrote:

Except both actually change gameplay in some way, while this doesn't?
Nightcore is no different than DT, so it's not necessary. It's mainly a mod for people who want high pitched songs (for some reason).
Tae
But that doesn't answer my question?
I agree that DT/NC is simply preference though.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Tae wrote:

But that doesn't answer my question?
I agree that DT/NC is simply preference though.
I just think it would be a kinda cool mod. Sure, it doesn't change gameplay, but it would be a nice addition to make playing maps more interesting at times. I know that I find it easier and more fun to read when I play games like FFR and stepmania that support multicolored notes instead of just one set color for each column. I guess it's more of a novelty than anything.
Rynnavinx
I mean, it's neat, but I don't think enough people would use it to make it worth implementing, especially considering that it wouldn't really do much

Timing based colors would be nice though

And as for nightcore, it was originally made as an April fools joke, so that's why it exists, even if it's unnecessary. Though some people like the drum hits on every beat.
Monheim
i think it would be more appropriate to have the colours be relevant to the snapping of the notes (like in stepmania) since this actually provides benefit for some players.