forum

Rip Keyboard 2015 - 2018

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Eulogy

So I realized I never gave my keyboard a proper burial or the amount of respect it deserves for bringing me as far through this pointless game as it did. Believe it or not, I found this keyboard on the dumps, thrown away in my neighbor hood. It was a bit dirty, but I it would offer me an option to try out something else. I had spilled coffee on my laptop around that time, so my laptop's keyboard was KO. After some cleaning, I went ahead to try it out.

To my surprise, the keys had weight to them as in they were harder to press than expected. This is problematic as a player because you want keys that are as easy to press as possible. However, I decided to stick with it and see it as putting weights on my fingers. I started hating it, but over the years, I have grown to like the keyboard. I believe it made my fingers stronger. Other keyboards became sorta mushy like trying to play with clay while this one had a sorta click to it which provided pseudo-haptic feedback. This became extremely nice since I started interpreting that as hitsounds of sorts.

Come around May 7, 2018 the keyboard started blinking off. I dismissed it that day, but the following day I figured out what it was. You see, to prevent the keyboard from moving around I make it flush against my laptop and put the chord under my laptop to prevent it from moving around. Overtime this caused pushing and pulling on the chord and eventually the metal inside the wire just gave way. It was painful and annoying to play with the keyboard going on and off, and was getting worse. My only option at that point was to try and fix the wire manually.

May 9, 2018 me and my keyboard had a lengthy talk. I said, "everything will be ok". It just blinked its num locks and scroll locks at me. It was painful to watch. I disconnected it from the usb port and started operating on it. I had to open it up to disconnect the entire wire to work with, careful to keep track of every screw like they hold the poor thing down from floating off to keyboard heaven. Then came the time to make the cut. It was painful thing to do and I did hesitate. Now the replacement wires would have to be the think colored one used in PCB kits. I am sure you suddenly see where this is headed. Ultimately, the wire bundle connecting the 4 connection carrying usb data was too clunky, didn't fit back in, and just fell apart. I killed it.

May it rest in peace

johnmedina999
>>rip @keyboard
levesterz
Rip keyboard. I think mine going to be die soon as my keyboard usb data unable to read by my laptop and i have to insert it twice for it to read and also my 's' and 'x' key keep dieing on me when i press it aggresively. I have to remember to gentlely stroke it in order for it to register any reading which is bad cause who have time for a gentle stroke when the game vomits out bunch of enimies every single time that hit you twice= game over .
Update 01: the two keycap have just fell out.
udate Xx??: i can see the other side of the world now
edit 1: hi mom
VinZentVanDough
You didn't even bury the laptop keyboard smh
Topic Starter
abraker

levesterz wrote:

Update 01: the two keycap have just fell out.
it's going bald!

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

You didn't even bury the laptop keyboard smh
There are better ways to deal with a dead body than burying it. For example, I donated the keyboard towards recycling so that its organs can be harvested for other keyboards that have better odds.
ColdTooth
Nanachii
abraker abroke his keyboard
Naimae
is eulogy like the study of europe or something
semaphore
didn't read but sorry for your loss mate also why would you name your pet keyboard
johnmedina999

citremi wrote:

is eulogy like the study of europe or something
no that's urology
Naimae

johnmedina999 wrote:

no that's urology

oh i thought that was the study of the urals
levesterz
Analogy
bobbathan
F
Manayu
F
ColdTooth

Manayu wrote:

F
leave and never come back
Topic Starter
abraker
OH NO

THE FLASHBACKS

THAY ARE COMING BACK!!!!
levesterz
pentaqola
am i late for the funeral?
TeeArctic1
It was all your fault Abraker. You could have prevented its death. IT ONLY WANTED TO LOVE YOU AND YOU TREATED IT LIKE GARBAGE. And now, may you suffer its spiteful haunting for all eternity, knowing just how easily you could have prevented its demise
Topic Starter
abraker
rest assured I am treating my current one better
TeeArctic1
And yet the old one withers in the grave, its jealousy growing by the minute. Soon it will devour all
Topic Starter
abraker
I never buried the corpse. oops
Meah
Since it's plastic, you can recycle it
TeeArctic1
You fool, then its essence shall spread to hundreds of plastic objects all over the world. You'll never know when you might encounter a piece of the cursed digital typewriter
Meah
Plastics are surely spread, most of them are human
TeeArctic1
Of course, how could I forget our synth companions?
Meah
I'm not one of them son
I'm pure and honest
TeeArctic1
Exactly what a synth would say, by Atom! You're one of them, aren't you?
Meah
I'm a slime desu
TeeArctic1
Ah ok, just keep building your harem then
Westonini
I'm really liking this second season. Props to the writers for really fleshing out Meah's and TeeArctic1's characters this time around. This season's dialogue reveals more about Meah's mysterious past as well as providing some insight to the two character's thought-processes, knowledge, and reactions to each other. Good job guys, super excited for the next episode! 👍👍👍
Topic Starter
abraker
Let's just hope it works
show more