forum

skin.ini file per song

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock
So you can skin any aspect of an individual song... except the values found in the skin.ini file. It seems to me that for the sake of completion, the file should be recognized like any other element of a skin. And I don't see any problems with the values changed in skin.ini negatively affecting the song/skin.
dumpsterdiver
I agree with this. It'd be nice to see songs that skin things like the slider ball track colors, spinner circle, etc. It would also fix problems custom numbers of frames for the slider. For example, in the two skins I'm working on, one has 12 frames for a slider, one has one (only because I haven't animated it yet). People probably would skin 10 frames by default, so they'd see two frames of skin 1 per second, and only see a static slider in case 2.

A similar issue I've had, that may not be fixed by this, is with the animated life bar in my GGXX skin. If someone reskins the health bar, the color (the animated part, that is) won't be overwritten because the file name is different, so it looks all goofy, as such:

Perhaps the single frame life bar (and the few other animate-able elements) per skin could override the animated elements of the user's chosen skin? Just thought I'd throw that in the mix, although it's not technically related to the topic.
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock
That's basically what I'm getting at here: better support for per-song skinning.

Though, if you add more frames to a slider ball (or remove some) will it still play the animation over the course of 1 second?...
YoshiKart

peppy wrote:

YoshiKart wrote:

Question/Request: Is it possible to create a skin.ini file into a beatmap's folder?
This will take some reworking to the skin framework. I'm gonna put this off for a bit as its already quite complicated.. I'd like to rewrite it (again) at some point, though.