posted
Total Posts
show more
kriers
Will be playing on Underworld.
Icyteru

Lybydose wrote:

oh shit I need to reserve all the Touhou names
Flandre is mine. And I'm making her necro.
Yuugo
I'll be rolling a Sylvari Elementalist on either Far Shiverpeaks or Gandara, I'm not sure which yet, and I'm not sure whether if matters in the first place..
TKiller
I've used my Guild Wars 2 fund to buy more cheap alcohol.

Well at least this summer was fun.
foulcoon
I forgot to mention, i got the digital deluxe version on gamefly for 20% off with a coupon code. $64 bucks instead of 80, the standard edition was sold out.

if you're on the fence and still looking to buy i'd say go here:

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Guild-W ... n/5003826/

and use the coupon code:

1GFT82012
Icyteru
Damn...only $4 more.
NoHitter
Unless my internet speed skyrockets, I don't think I'll make it for the Headstart :/
Icyteru
WTFUCK.

NAMES TAKEN IN FIRST 30 SECONDS OF LAUNCH:

Kirito
Asuna
Flandre
Tenshi

SFUCKKK

So I'm now "Sword Art Asuna" , "Sword Art Kirito" and "Black Kuro Lotus"

lol.
f e a r
They opened servers earlier I heard to avoid a massive server rush, so not really that fast. ._. Almost all the names I wanted were taken, and I started playing 30 min before the official launch ._.
Icyteru
Nonono, thing is, I started exactly on the time the servers were open (which was 3 hours before launch) and all the names I wanted were taken already.

And I already expected this...but damn network errors.
f e a r
oh god lol
silmarilen
my name was still available
Yuugo

silmarilen wrote:

my name was still available
If it's 'silmarilen' I'm not amazed :p

And @ the others, most reserved names were characters from GW1, at least every name with a space in it and could be a popular name, is probably a reserved charactername from gw1. As to the ones without spaces, well..you weren't fast enough :p
Jinxy
Can't even connect :|
silmarilen
nope, the whole game seems to be down right now. i dced and couldnt get back in.
nobody can from what i can tell.
Jinxy
So much for the 20 thousand stress tests before this

Well, at least I can do my homework now and dedicate the whole of Sunday to GW2
Drakari_old
I went and made a character some time around midnight before going to sleep... It seems nobody took Wingdreth.

I'll be playing on Sorrow's Furnace.
forgetM3not
the day has come xD
Jinxy
I'm in. Playing in Sorrow's Furnace for now.

Phyllon is my Sylvari Elementalist and probably main, Callie Ohpee for my Human Necromancer. Just using her as crafting or something, I don't know
Drakari_old
Human Female Guardian, since I didn't say earlier.
Icyteru
Who knew thief could be this fun?
Drakari_old
I didn't have much fun with the thief in the beta weekends, but maybe you wouldn't like the Guardian as much as I do so it's all good.
foulcoon
to me i dont see what all the hype was about

the wvw is pretty fun I guess

I play on Gate of Madness, Human Female Elementalist

currently lvl 16, taking it slow
yeahyeahyeahhh
Yay hit 30. Finally get to try Catacombs tomorrow when Lyby and few others catch up :3

My Ele at LA ^_^

Jinxy
How are you guys this fast, I'm only level 12

Meh, probably because I'm doing personal story quests too.

Also, what weapons are your eles using? I find dual daggers nice because of their fast cast times, excluding the 9 Bleed earth skill. Good for personal stories or anywhere with very little people who can aggro for you while you cast with staves.

I might try Staff but with the Flame Axe utility for solos.
Lybydose
scepter/dagger for blindhax
kriers
As usual I'm the fastest leveler ever - level 9
silmarilen
lvl 21 atm, couldnt log in half of the day yesterday

yeahyeahyeahhh

JInxyjem wrote:

How are you guys this fast, I'm only level 12

Meh, probably because I'm doing personal story quests too.

Also, what weapons are your eles using? I find dual daggers nice because of their fast cast times, excluding the 9 Bleed earth skill. Good for personal stories or anywhere with very little people who can aggro for you while you cast with staves.

I might try Staff but with the Flame Axe utility for solos.
SHrug just experience from beta I guess. I'm generally a fast leveler. I've been helping my friend a lot too though. No doubt the exploration stuff slows me down a bit too.

Lybydose wrote:

scepter/dagger for blindhax
This
Drakari_old
For guardian I like Sword+focus for defensive or 1v1 fighting, Greatsword for large groups of enemies or just high-damage aggressive fighting, Staff for more support-oriented combat.
Yuugo
Chose Far Shiverpeaks as server after all.

Currently level 22 Sylvari Elementalist. Been spending this evening exploring the jumping puzzles of every starting area. It was some great fun! I don't think I've ever seen this before in a MMO but I'd love to see more of it.
Drakari_old
Maple Story had some downright cruel jump quests... No thinking, just hours of trying to make every jump exactly perfect and not touch any enemies.
foulcoon
I only ended up getting to level 19, mainly due to Dota 2 international going on right now. I have been doig lvl 22-23 hearts and events and the mobs rape me, I feel like i'm doing it wrong, cuz leveling has been painfully slow for me =/
Jinxy
Go to another race's starting world and explore/clear hearts. Exp through monsters is horrible.

I finished the 1-15 sylvari hearts and waypoints, now doing norn.
kriers
Still level 9. Where if my time for video games :/
Icyteru
Mother of god...you guys are such fast levelers. My guild's max level is only 18, and I'm lvl 7.
silmarilen
im lvl 28 now but i havent lvled yet today because i just got home from work.
Jinxy
I went to research on the blindhax lyby and yyy were talking about, and then I found a pretty insane PvE combo, that relies on the fire Scepter skills and the Dagger ring of fire combo to stack a massive amount of Might. Best case scenario after all that is a 15 Might boosted Flame Grab. I haven't learnt to hit that cap yet and I'm already doing pretty high damage.
yeahyeahyeahhh

JInxyjem wrote:

I went to research on the blindhax lyby and yyy were talking about, and then I found a pretty insane PvE combo, that relies on the fire Scepter skills and the Dagger ring of fire combo to stack a massive amount of Might. Best case scenario after all that is a 15 Might boosted Flame Grab. I haven't learnt to hit that cap yet and I'm already doing pretty high damage.
Yeah, getting up huge amounts of might is hilarious. I can take on 3 mobs higher than me and kill em all in like 3 hits @_@

foulcoon wrote:

I only ended up getting to level 19, mainly due to Dota 2 international going on right now. I have been doig lvl 22-23 hearts and events and the mobs rape me, I feel like i'm doing it wrong, cuz leveling has been painfully slow for me =/
Don't just level in one zone, go to mulitple ones. Say I'm level 43. I'll do one area quest hubs and events that are lvl 40-43. Then I'll go on the map and go to a diff area and rinse and repeat. Then I just progress up. I end up finishing 3 zones, getting 3 zone discovery etc etc.

Just kinda an example, I usually only have to do 2 zones.
kriers
ok I suck. Level 12
show more