forum

Do you drink energy boosting beverages?

posted
Total Posts
show more
ampzz
The most I've ever had was one coffee when I was younger; didn't like the taste so never drank it again.
Energy drinks are a big fat no.
Topic Starter
Espionage724
I like energy drinks in-general, but I don't like playing osu! after drinking one, doing better-then-usual on a song, and then realizing it's only because I drank an energy drink :p
koki_old_1
Neruell
Take drugs, start smoking, get drunk = instant cookiezi skill.
Waryas
Used to when i went to school frequently a few months ago, not so much nowadays, only during exams.
helped with osu too probably.
Glass
lolno
Sander-Don
Black coffee~ I would use energy drinks, but I never buy 'em.
Waryas
But it helps so much for studying even if its bad for your health..
wouldn't have passed a lot of exams without them.
Pizzicato
I drink coffee for exams. But my head hurts though whever I drink coffee.
For osu, no. My arm twitches from time to time and miss because of it.
MMzz
Nope, they make me fall asleep.
kriers
Whenever I drink caffeine, I want to play osu! too much and can't focus on exams :o
M i l o t i c

Neruell wrote:

get drunk
dNextGen
take drugs smoke crack get fucked up

no energy drinks are bad for your health
Xylem Beer
I drink coffee like everyday.
M i l o t i c

dNextGen wrote:

how the fuck can you play when you get fucked up, play like a fucker?
Zelmarked

tonyzore wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

how the fuck can you play when you get fucked up, play like a fucker?
Depends on what you take. I've never done crack, and never will, but I imagine it's not productive when playing video games.
Anzo
I don't like to drink energy beverages because of shaking, that made my gameplay hit 100s...

But for some reason I didn't stop drinking those...
Zelmarked
Hitting an amp energy drink right now. It's part soda-part energy drink. They sell them as single cans so I don't pick em as main main energy drink. Grape and mixed berry are my fav of Amp.

I used to be a Monster energy drink guy. Then the store one day was out of stock but they had "Slap". Been doing that since.
Anzo

Zelmarked wrote:

It's part soda-part energy drink.
^This one is maybe the reason why I don't stop drinking energy drinks... They tastelikecoke.
Mesita

this at all times
emonite
I feel like energy drinks provide no energy for me,just drink it for taste.Coffee and tea sometimes to stay awake,never drink beer before and never will...maybe will,who knows?
mekadon_old
Absinthe

I used to drink Red Bull/Monster to name a few, but then I switched to coffee/tea
Vish024
Tea. That's all I need.
geckogates
i never have any energy boosters, just junk food, cerial / ramen noodles / hot pockets etc. occasionally i get a good meal, but thats it lol
Sync
this is stupid

if you really want assistance, take stimulates
VelperK
no
Verdisphena

VelperK wrote:

no
OzzyOzrock
I only drink Bonk! Atomic Punch and Crit-a-Cola.
YodaSnipe

Glass wrote:

lolno
-> for osu!

however, for life I drink coffee. andddd I didn't like it at first, but it starts tasting better and even great by the 10th cup in ur lifetime. well my lifetime XD
NixXSkate
i have a huge collection of monster cans in my room. however, i never drink monster before playing osu! because it makes me shake, especially if i'm nervous
bwross
You'd probably be better off after a couple drinks than using stimulants (I've seen a number of people do much better at DDR when coming back from Beer and Wings night... we called this "Johnny Fevering", after the WKRP episode where Johnny Fever does better at a sobriety reaction test the more he drinks). For a performance enhancing drug, I'd imagine you'd want something more like lorazepam or clonazepam... anti-anxiety medication that will cut out nerves and prevent jumpiness, but still leave you clear-headed enough to play well.

If you want a stimulant... tea is probably one of the better choices mentioned, as it contains theophylline, which is similar to caffeine, but produces more of a mellow buzz than a jolt. It still contains caffeine though.
YodaSnipe
Actually, if anyone knows mnto, that guy is friggen godlike after intake of alcohol XD wut a clutch boss
Lucy-Kaede
I like to think of them as "Wake up juice", great for those early morning lectures!
dkun

Lucy-Kaede wrote:

I like to think of them as "Wake up juice", great for those early morning lectures!
yes!
Gon
coffee when i wake up and tea at night, a few good hours before i go to bed. ran out of coffee though so i've been going at tea twice a day now. not primarily for osu of course but it's a bonus :oops:
kriers

Lucy-Kaede wrote:

it's a "you sat up ridiculously late and you're a complete idiot as always, but here's your trumph card for emergencies"- juice
thelewa
I would just sleep through the lectures
kriers

ragelewa wrote:

I would just sleep through the lectures
shush
Kanye West

Neruell wrote:

Ghostbird_old

kanye west wrote:

Neruell wrote:

show more