forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8734694
Implojin
any wacom that is not the 490, xp-pen g640 g430s, ???

just be aware that the xp-pens have a small amount of hardware latency that you can't get rid of because they have forced smoothing
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8734694
Implojin
>Is the hardware latency bad on xp-pen
It's a small difference compared to a wacom with hawku's driver, but it is noticeable. Something on the order of +20-30ms. You'll adapt to the additional latency very quickly, and it's okay to play with, if slightly less responsive.

I went back to using my wacom, but it's personal preference. The xp-pens are fine too, and cost less.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8734694
Flyy
I'm currently using the 490 and I have no idea why no one likes it. No noticeable input lag at all whatsoever. People seem to be liking the 490 because of slightly less input lag. It's all preference.
jungjushee
I like the Wacom Intuos. The surface is very smooth and I've never had problems with the pen or anything.
snailevangelist
I think it's up to personal preference. I use the Wacom Intuos Draw and I absolutely LOVE it, probably because I've been using it for so long. After fixing up it's latency, It became the perfect peripheral. For me, the play area is perfect and the feel is great. I'd reccomend borrowing tablets from friends (if possible) or looking at tablets outside of Wacom to find what fits for you.
Hosthan
The ctl-4100k is very good, i don't know if you meant the 4100k when you said 4100 but if you thing the pen is annoying (which in part is) then just buy another instead of a full tablet
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8734694
Oh Hyuk

Flyy wrote:

I'm currently using the 490 and I have no idea why no one likes it. No noticeable input lag at all whatsoever. People seem to be liking the 490 because of slightly less input lag. It's all preference.

This, and I agree.

I own a ctl-490 and ever since I switched to hawku drivers-the input lag as disapeared completely.

Whatever floats your boat I guess