forum

osu!Mirror - Looking for help! (Child Servers)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nanashiRei

Hi guys!

I have just finished up my enhancement to the osupacks.ppy.sh page. What did i do? I added the capability of secure child mirrors. They basically don't do anything but serve downloads. No keeping data in MySQL, no complicated installation etc.

Requirements
  1. 100Mbit connection (You should spare at least 2-3MBytes/sec, but 12MBytes/sec would be awesome)
  2. Unix Based Server with a httpd* Server that supports PHP5.2+, X-Sendfile, Url Rewrite and PHP-MCrypt Blowfish
  3. A little bit a of knowledge on how to setup a vhost in apache2 (I can help, but it's better if i don't have to)
  4. 100GB HDD Space for full mirroring (less is okay, but the script to balance data is not finished yet!)
* i coded everything for Apache2 but i am positive it'll work on nginx and lighttpd, too.
* Thanks to Ezoda this is now compatible with nginx!

NOTE: If you don't want it to run on "full power" you need some kind of Bandwidth Limiting module. For apache2 that is "mod_bw". I don't know about the others.

If you decide to join as a child mirror, you will be added to the Supporters page on the mirror. Nothing else, you are doing a community service.

Be warned, this mirror takes what it gets! I currently suffer from a constant 28 MByte/sec upstream :D

Currently Connected to the Pool:
  1. dl1.osupacks.yas-online.net - 5.5MB/s (by nanashiRei @ France)
  2. dl2.osupacks.yas-online.net - 9.5MB/s (by nanashiRei @ France)
  3. dl3.osupacks.yas-online.net - 6.25MB/s (by nanashiRei @ Ukraine)
  4. osumirror.ezoweb.net - 9.5MB/s (by Ezoda @ Germany) - maps only for osu!droid DDL
  5. osu-mirror.casiobeatz.name - 9,5MB/s (by WarriorOfTheLynx @ Germany) - maps only for osu!droid DDL
  6. osu.h1921594.stratoserver.net - 6MB/s (by Ezoda @ Germany) - maps only for osu!droid DDL (until the server contract ist canceled)
  7. osu.xz1.nl - 3.5MB/s (by Rescla @ Netherlands)
Join now! :D

Here is a live graph of dl1.osupacks.yas-online.net:
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Added RusselG to the list of mirrors!

Thanks for you generosity!
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
RusselG removed from the list. Server seems to have broken under the pressure.
Guy-kun
Get you and some friends to register some Amazon EC2 accounts and use the free instances as servers. You get a free micro instance with 10GB bandwidth/month for a year.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
In germany we don't usually have a credit card. So i cannot.

Next.
Guy-kun
Good to rush me along, looks like you have plenty of people queuing up to throw servers at you.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Well, your previous post tells me there is that option, but not that you had something for me. So there~
SatoXYN
Hello!
I have a homeserver with enough disk space and 100mbit/s connection(but it's always used). The server is in Russia and has not a good connection to Europe. But if it's ok, I can help you, I believe.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
How much upload in MBytes/sec can you give? Anything from starting at 2MB/s will suffice.
SatoXYN
nanashiRei, I can measure speed via speedtest. Which country should I do a test?
http://home.valdikss.org.ru/colld/detai ... rv&s=86400
Here is a link utilisation and here
http://home.valdikss.org.ru/stat/
are some statistics.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Seems fast enough. For speed testing i'd say test Asia (China, Japan, Taiwan) they make 70% of all the users. Please send me details on the machine that you are using via PM and maybe if you have ICQ/MSN/Jabber send that too :)

What i need to know about the machine is, basic hardware (Ram,CPU) and software (like Debian, Ubuntu, (Windows?!)) also if it's apache2 or nginx or whatever ^^
SatoXYN
Oh no, this link cannot be used for China, Japan and Taiwan because the connectivity to Asia is very poor. Less then 1mbit/s. Usually 512kbit/s. Server is in the cold Siberia, lol. Fast connection to some European countries, such as Germany, France, Italy. USA is slow, <4mbit/s.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Then please do a check on the major countries and let me see the results i can always denied the use of your mirror for asian countries and let it be used where it's fast.
SatoXYN
Germany, Britain, Poland, Netherlands, France: 10-40mbit/s
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Sounds good enough to me.
SatoXYN
Ok. That's my desktop which I used to play osu and other shit. 4gb RAM, 1.5 is usually used. 4.5tb HDD(3tb is occupied by anime), CPU Q6600(hot as hell, used to heat up my room in winter times, no joke) OS is ArchLinux.
My jabber: valdikss@jabber.ru, skype: valdikss1, ICQ: 8777465, email: iam@valdikss.org.ru
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
You shouldn't post all that public. I saved then, remove them :P
SatoXYN
Well, I have nothing to hide and that's a public data for me.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Ezoda was nice enough to offer high-speed mirror space for maps! Also thanks to peppy for connecting us. The Server is currently in setup/sync and will be available for osu!droid ONLY.

Stay tuned ;)
peppy
Great to hear.
Ezoda
The server setup is now nearly complete. The mirror is now involed in the network of nanashiRei and delivers maps to the community.

Greetz Ezoda
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
I happy to announce that thanks to the help of Ezoda this project is now 100% compatible with nginx :) thanks a lot mate!
theowest
May I help translating to Swedish? Not that Swedish people need it, I just want to do it.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Wrong thread. But sure why not. I'll send you a PM sometime soon.

And WarriorOfTheLynx joined us to. Again thanks to peppy for making this happen. Please note this server also serves downloads to osu!droid only.
Topic Starter
nanashiRei
Version 2 of the child script is coming up. You can follow the development on https://twitter.com/#!/osumirror and you can review the source here: http://development.yas-online.net/osumirror-childv2/src

If you are skilled with php and see errors or have suggestions on how to improve it, feel free to fork me and send me pull requests.

Changes are looking quite nice:

V2 is being tested on Ezoda's and my main Server right now. Seems to work as it should, will add a few more features and then push it to all Servers.

Note to myself: I wonder why i didn't use OOP before... it's so much more easy to use.
show more