forum

Lower Difficulties Mapping Contest (LDMC) #1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar

Banner created by RyoKazuka.
All copyright(s) belong to the respective original creator(s) or owner(s).
Please read through the whole announcement post for details + contest rules and regulations.

Organized by RyoKazuka and HootOwlStar
with the aid of a lot of people

Introduction

Lower Difficulties Mapping Contest (LDMC) is an unofficial competition which serves as a platform for mappers to hustle and show their skills on mapping difficulties below Insane level. Recently, the current mapping scene haven't received much promising lower difficulties compared to higher difficulties because most mappers tend to put their effort most in higher difficulties instead of lower difficulties. Through this approach we hope that we could help in enhancing the overall quality of lower difficulties by giving the spotlight and to give exposure to mappers who map lower difficulties. We hope that mappers would enjoy the contest experience and polish the mastery in basic mapping in the very least.

Timeline

26 May 2018 : Announcement day.
5 June 2018 UTC 15:00 : Contest starts and .osz file is given.
30 June 2018 UTC 15:00 : Contest ends, and submitted sets are compiled.
1 July 2018 : Judging Process on-going.
31 July 2018 : Judging finalized and results will be released shortly.
1 August 2018 : Results announced and prizes are given out.
Note that the dates will be altered if needed.

Format

1. No registration is required to take part in the contest.
  2. The contest .osz will be released as the last post in this thread.
  3. Contestants have 600 hours (25 days) to create and finish a set.
  4. Once contestants are done with their entry, forum PM @HootOwlStar with the .osz files.
  5. Judges will be given anonymous sets with everyone's entries and the judging process will be carrried out for a month.
  6. Once the judging period is over, winners will be announced and prizes will be given.

Prizes

First place winner will recieve 4 months of osu!supporter.
The winning set will be aided in the ranking process as well.
Second place winner will receive 2 months of osu!supporter.
Third place winner will recieve 1 month of osu!supporter.

Rules
  1. This contest is for osu!std only, any entries with game modes other than that will be disqualified.
  2. This contest is in affect of the osu!std Ranking Criteria and General Ranking Criteria, meaning that entries with unrankable elements will be disqualified. The final push is for the ranked status and hence following the criteria is optimal for the effectiveness of reaching the stage.
  3. Participants must map a spread consisting of at least one Normal and one Hard difficulty. Participants could only map a spread up to four difficulties, and only the lowest four difficulties will be considered when the number of difficulties exceeds the limit.
  4. Difficulties above star rating 3.75* will not be considered.
  5. GD's and Collabs are allowed but only the publisher of the map gets the prize and credit.
  6. Difficulty names must only be the name of the respective difficulty. Ryo's Easy or a custom difficulty name is not allowed with the exception of Advanced.
  7. Participants can still map with a background but please note that the judging process will judge the sets without the background.
  8. Participants may use the custom hitsounds given in the song folder. Using all the hitsounds given will have a higher chance of receiving high marks for the Technical Skill section in the Judging Criteria. If the participants find the custom hitsounds unpleasant, they are allowed to use default hitsounds. Unprovided custom hitsounds will be replaced if used.
  9. Copying other people's content is not allowed. Entries that plagiarize other works would be disqualified.
  10. When the contest is on-going, participants are not allowed to share their beatmaps to the public or privately.
  11. Participants are not allowed to post their sets through the Beatmap Submission System before the results for the contest are announced.
  12. Do NOT change the mp3 file or the hitsound's name.
  13. The beatmap will be judged based on the Judging Criteria.
Submission
  1. Participants must submit their entries by .osz files through PM to @HootOwlStar.
  2. Any late submissions will be immediately disqualified.
  3. Participants can resubmit their files 3 TIMES only. The third resubmission will be the finalized entry.
FAQ's
  1. Can I map an Advanced difficulty in this contest?
    Yes, if you plan or feel like the gap between Normal and Hard is a bit big. Also when submitting your entry, you are allowed to name your difficulty as Advanced.
  2. The song is really suitable to have an Insane / Hyper difficulty, can I map it but not submit it in the contest?
    Yes, we also plan that the winning entry can map an extra difficulty (Insane or Hyper) after the results have been announced (just in case the mapper wants to). But please do not submit any entries beyond Hard as it will defeat the purpose of the contest.
  3. The hitsounds given sucks and I'm not really good at handling default hitsounds, can I use my own hitsounds?
    Nope, sorry. Unprovided custom hitsounds will be replaced if used.

Questions?

Feel free to contact the organizers through forum or in-game PM's if you have any questions or concerns regarding the contest.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who's willing to sponsor supporter prizes for future contests could PM the organizers as well.
Apologies if there's any inconveniences or trouble caused and hope you guys are eager and interested in the contest!
CookieBite
finally a low diff contest
RyoKazuka
fighting !
Pachiru
Akitoshi it's your time to shine

Nice tournament, I will participate ;)
Fu Xuan

Pachiru wrote:

Akitoshi it's your time to shine

Nice tournament, I will participate ;)
LOOO