Your age when...

posted
Total Posts
show more
ERA Puzzle
Probably like 3 or 4 lmao, I don't even know

Age when you had you're first "eureka!" moment
Tad Fibonacci
Probably 10 or 13 or something. I don't specifically remember.

I was a pretty dull and naive kid.

Same question
captainmilk
Can't remember the first one, but I was 16 when I found out the Krusty Krab is shaped like a crab trap

Your age when you started to really appreciate what you have in you life
Radiohead
6, because i was happy with everything at the time

your age when you sweared for the first time
Achromalia
i don't recall. probably somewhat early on, though it was still somewhat frowned upon.

my best guess is when I was 9 or so. i think i became a bit more free with what i said later on, perhaps around 12, especially when shit went awry in life. i just had to express how fucked things were somehow.

- - -

your age when you first felt and recognized hopelessness?
ERA Puzzle

SQ
Journal

age when you first traveled out of the country
Achromalia
N/A.

i've never even traveled outside of my state.

- - -

age when you first felt and recognized "love"?
ERA Puzzle
Also 13. Coincidence?

No. Not one bit.

SQ
Journal
never
age when you first made genuine friends
Achromalia
i don't recall. i couldn't tell who was genuine or not. it all just... happened. i moved on.

i don't think very many people actually felt i was that great of a person back then, for whatever reason. maybe i just think of myself as shitty person in general. all i had been known as in elementary, was the smart math whiz and teacher's pet that was oxymoronically idiotic beyond words.

anyhow, i do know that many of the friends i've made that i know and trust for certain were made back in what i call "hell".

the poor little middle school that us unfortunate souls stumbled into. somehow, there were some really nice students.

then i met some people. i found people i could talk to and genuinely be comfortable with, in mutual terms.

funny.

- - -

your age when you lost someone you cared for, whether by distance or by death?
Journal
never

sq
Achromalia
i'm not sure.

i can't tell whether the people i've lost and the people i've seen die were people i deeply cared for.

i think so.

one girl. i never got to see her after elementary school. she was nice.

and another. she was polite beyond words, and mute, without words.

- - -

your age when you found out about the concept of death?
Journal

age when you were first introduced to the idea of respecting your elders
Achromalia
i don't recall either.

i was certainly young. my dad was obsessed with the concept of obedience. he still is, all these years later.

disobedience is worthy of punishment.

or so he feels.

- - -

your age when you first thought of dying.
TeeArctic1
7? Family member died

Your age when falling in love for the first time
Carmlillball
Never. I kinda fear it tbh.

You discovered a hobby you currently most enjoy.
Tad Fibonacci
5 years old.

It was when I think I played my first video game. It might've been earlier but I don't really remember.

Same question.
ERA Puzzle
It really depends on how specific you want to get. And I'm not even sure what hobby I enjoy most. Guess it's a tie between drawing and playing games. But even then it's like do I count specific games above others? And the reason I like playing games is my main drive for playing them, so should I answer that?

If the answer is art, 22. If the answer is games, 6. If the answer is being competitive, which is why I play games now and what really drives my gaming as a hobby, 12. When I discovered Osu I was like 16. League, 14. Archeblade 17, I think? Not really sure on that one. Might be 18.

Same quesh.
Achromalia
Hard to tell.

Music and art were never things I saw as hobbies, but they may be fairly commonly cited, so I'll go off of that.

primarily, art. i dabbled in music casually but never cared to do much with it until later on, when i was 9 or so. i then developed an affinity for it by age 12.

but art was somethin' i enjoyed and worked with for a long while, often drawing out of boredom on blank textbook and workbook pages in the middle of class while still in elementary school. i'd tear out every blank page I could. so as far as drawing, i'd say that mostly began when i was 7. the extensive variety of terrible doodles and even worse penmanship were especially memorable and indicative of a time where i just couldn't get my hands off the crayons and pencils.

- - -

your age when you first found the internet?
pundice
~4. I'm relatively young (13), so the internet has been out for my entire life. I remember my first memory of using the internet, and it was in my old house in Mexico, and I was sitting on my mom's lap as she explained the very basics of a PC. I was very advanced for my age at the time, so I understood it all, and ever since then, I've been addicted.

My question is a double question - your age when you found osu, and your age now?
Achromalia
i'd been around 13 or so. i'm 16 as of now.

- - -

age when you first had an interest for the arts?
CatzerTM
perhaps around the time I started high school, around 12 I would say

your age when you first developed strong hatred towards someone/something
Achromalia
myself, i guess. 12. i got tired of myself. instead of wondering why things happened to me, i more or less became introspective and thought about how i may have affected something.

- - -

SQ.
captainmilk
I was maybe in 4th grade, so about 9-10, when I hated my dad. I was young and didn't know what hatred really was. I don't believe in condoning hatred anymore.

When you first had suicidal/deathly thoughts
Achromalia
I don't think I ever had incredibly strong suicidal feelings. I frankly didn't care enough to kill myself.

But it'd be possible.

That was when I had been 13, 14 or so.

Now I prefer to just wait until I die, for the sake of at least being able to experience something. Life's kinda nice, even if it's terribly agonizing as well.

- - -

SQ.
Carmlillball
This is quite an uncomfortable question, but I'll take it, I'm kinda bored.

I used to get them when I was really young, I'm thinking around 8, due to mental health issues.
However, now these issues are improving, I'm really optimistic about life.
Not quite used to this, but I enjoy it all the same.

Question: If you play a multiplayer card game by yourself, and a 'player' (which you play) won (meaning that all the other 'players' you play lose), did you win the card game, or did you lose it?
Achromalia
this isn't exactly the right thread.

you might've meant to post this question in a different one.

N/A.

- - -

your age when you first won at a competitive event of sorts?
Carmlillball
My mind isn't exactly working today lmao.

I've never really taken part in competitions. GCSEs are forced, and Osu! I'm a solo player and just enjoy to see myself get better at the game.

Sq
Tad Fibonacci
I think I was 17.
It was only a small league high school championship.
We didn't get first place but we did managed to secure the second.
The cash that we won wasn't a huge amount but we had fun.
We spent all of it on pizzas.

Same question.
samX500
When I was 14 I participated in the first robotic competition, which is a tournament where school compete for who can build the best robot in 6 week to play a certain game that changes every year. My team didn't win but we did get to the semi-final of the Montreal regional. I also participated at 15 and 16 but we didn't get past the qualification these 2 years.

Same question.
Journal

Sq
Kyomaku
Don't remember my exact age as it's been forever since, but I was between 6 and 9. As a kid, I was doing light athletics and our club would enter competitions sometimes, ended up getting first place during one of those. I have no idea how I won though, I was always good at running, speed and stamina, but don't remember being particularly good at the other categories. I wonder at what age kids usually start being affected by nerves / selfawareness, because I remember that back then, I was feeling as if it was any other day, no pressure, no nerves, but I also didn't understand what it meant when I won and probably didn't understand what it meant to compete, either (which is probably why I felt zero pressure and maybe gave me quite a big advantage), I was happy though since everyone from my club was happy for me, I remember that.

SQ
SamStarfish2013

I got second at a music competition thing. If you're asking for first, I won a math thing when I was 11.

SQ
Journal

Journal wrote:

happiest memory?
payney

sq
ERA Puzzle
Playing in an Archeblade tournament. Was so much fun. I had a blast.

SQ
Kyomaku
Went to wake up my brother and he hugged me. It's something simple, but made me pretty happy and I like to remember it. I have many little memories like that.

SQ
Achromalia
I don't recall, sadly.

I was energetic back then, but was never much of happy person.

But I'll share some pleasant memories that stand out:

Staying up all night and watching the summer sunrise when I was 11.

Playing piano and sharing art with my middle school crush at 13.

Discovering and listening to a huge amount of new genres in music at 13.

- - -

SQ.
captainmilk
I think I was 13-14. A sorrowful yet happy memory, as it was the first time in my life I felt free and not bound by responsibilities and expectations. Sorrowful, because the person who made it possible moved away and we never got to truly say goodbye.

You realized your purpose in life
show more