forum

Your age when...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Penguin
no clue, probably sometime in early elementary school?

Age when you first discovered your current taste in music.
Achromalia
First discovered my *current* taste in music?

I've got no idea, my current taste is always updating, I really don't think that makes sense.

Well, as far as the majority of genres I enjoy, I've discovered about 1 to 3 years ago, being around 13 or 14 years old at the time. That's around the time I discovered Breakcore, Splittercore, IDM, Extratone, Drone, Artcore, and all that stuff.

Pretty great memor... well... maybe not. I enjoyed the music, but I dunno how I feel about how things were. I still feel depressed looking back at why I was looking for new music in the first place, on the couch, looking off to the side with my school tablet in the middle of the night at 4 AM. Inches off the ground, either staring at the blinds or staring at the ceiling, just laying there, thinking. just laying there, figuring out what the hell's been going on, what the hell I could do about it.

- - -

What depressing memories of your past can you recall, of which are soaked in bitter nostalgia?
Penguin
I think I was 21 when I realized that xuemalia is bad at reading the thread title :^)
I can't think of any bitter soaked memories.

your age when you got your first phone
keremaru
Yo, Achro, short reminder; this is the "Your age when..." thread, not "Ask the User below you Anything" thread. qwq

Going back to the last one, just to go.
I think I found my current taste in music not too long after this Summer break ended, so 15 years old. I absolutely love songs from the Doujin circles involved with Touhou now, mostly from Nanahira, Yellow Zebra, Akatsuki Records and IOSYS. TL;DR, I can't get enough of them. I think it started out with 1HOPE SNIPER from TRICKSTER, went to Arakajime Ushinowareta Bokura no Ballad from EARPHONES, and then I'm here listening to Touhou Doujin covers in the same relative/direct key as the two. I don't know why.
Edit: Never mind. qweqweklejwq

OT: Either 11 or 12 years old. It was definitely after my dad happened.

Your age when you first played any type of rhythm game, whether it be the main premise of a game or a minigame.
Penguin
I had DDRMAX2 for the PS2 and that game came out in 2003, so I was probably around 7 or 8? I also played the version in Club Penguin all the time lmao

age when you first made a youtube video
Ender Lain
hmm....15 or myb 16 idk, i forgot

(*the thread title) first time browsing the wired internet.

EdiT: you're 19 Ends XD
Achromalia
probably 9 or so

- = +oweriofd

your age when you found out how fuckinaierundmslrfkjtfnmglaisuzerdnfmbxnjal

how the fuck did i mix shit up, agh.

- - -

OT: Your age when you first played an osu! map.
CatzerTM
started playing when i was 13. turning 14 soon

your age when you first started experiencing stress
Penguin
no clue, probably sometime around 4th, 5th, or 6th grade due to school and family issues.

Age when you made your first paycheck.
Achromalia
never have. no job or source of income in general.

- - -

Your age when you first got an SS on an osu! map.
CatzerTM

CatzerTM wrote:

started playing when i was 13. turning 14 soon

your age when you first started experiencing stress

made a mistake i was actually 12

your age when you started getting in the osu community.
keremaru
I think I was 14 when I started playing, and I recall jumping head forward into the community on my first day. That was a long time ago, and I'm glad I'm different than from back then. Well, attitude-wise.
I announced that I played diep.io in my introduction... God, I'm glad I left that game.

Your age when you first quit playing a game.
vinnicci
14, i quit dota

your age when you first bought something online
Refills

i somehow managed to set a bid on a victorian coin on ebay and i still laugh about it now

your age when you found the oldest song on your playlist
Penguin
Not sure what that means, but I started listening to a lot of old Jazz from the 50s when I was 15 or 16?

Age when you stopped growing vertically.
Refills
still going atm

age where you first did something illegal
(absolutely anything, you do not need to specify)
Achromalia
I frankly have no idea, unless picking up long-lost coins on store floors, parking lots, streets, and school campuses count as illegal?

Your age when you last transferred between two schools.
Penguin
That is definitely not illegal, lmao

I went from public school to online school in 10th grade, so whatever age that is.

Your age when you first went to an amusement park.
keremaru
haven't gone yet, probably gonna go to disneyland one time.

your age when you first learned at least a single word from a foreign language.
Penguin
Probably like, 3 or something? My dad was 100% Hispanic, so I learned a bit from him when I was young.

Age when you lost all your baby teeth?
Dialect
11 or 12 i think

what age did you lose your virginity move to a different house
keremaru
God, I've moved so much that I might lose count.
I think the first time I moved was when I was around 3 months old, from when my mom told me. I think she also told me that that apartment complex burned down, ouch...

Your age when you met your first friend.
abraker
I was 5 years old, in kindergarden. I remember meeting him then but don't remember how.

Your age when you first realized you are an insignificant human being on a rock hurtling around a star among many other stars in the universe.
levesterz
Age 9 when discovery channel display the picture of universe , I was like wow pretty stars , then the star when kaboom and black hole appear sucking everything to fill its empty void. Brb going to stare at a wall now with blank eye stare.

Age when you first got your first console.
Achromalia
I don't recall very well, but it was likely around 6 or 7, maybe? I had the PlayStation 2 and loved it ever since.

Your age when you first received money by any means.
Penguin
My mom probably gave me a dollar to buy candy or something when I was 5 or so

Age when you voted for something. Could be anything.
CatzerTM
not sure i would say somewhere between 7-9.

your age when you started feeling a sense of close relationship. could be with anybody even a relative
vinnicci

the first time you didn't sleep at your home for a few nights
Hitoshirenu Shourai
That includes vacations yeah? I think I was 8 when I went to Niagara Falls, and we were there for like 3 days, soooo~

First time you watched anime?
Penguin
I watched Pokemon when I was 4 years old.

Your age when you stayed up for 24 hours for the first time.
keremaru
Didn't do that just yet, but came really close at 23 hours on Monday. Goddamn did I crash on Photoshop.

Your age when you started to have personal beliefs against certain things.
Achromalia
...personal beliefs against certain things...? how vague could that get?

ehm…

I dunno? Maybe 4 or 5, would be when I actually formed some sort of conscious belief with some sort of reasoning behind said belief.

- - -

Your age when you first stayed awake for over 30+ hours.
MisakiTobisawa-
I haven't done that. I stay up for 18 hours at most.

when you first retaliated against anyone that made a decision that was against your wants
Penguin
I was probably like 1 or 2, throwing a tantrum as a baby lmao

Your age when you first got a smartphone.
vinnicci
those nokia symbian devices are considered smartphones right? 12

age when you first hurt someone?
KatouMegumi
Emotionally: 14
Physically: 11, because that bully from other class was fucking annoying

How old were you when you first tripped on something and fell on the ground?
Penguin
Probably as a toddler, but when I got a serious injury like that? I was camping with my family in Arizona. Being a bored young kid around the age of 7-8, I started hopping from rock to rock. Eventually, I ended up slipping and my knee when directly into a jagged edge of the rock. I had a gash at least an inch deep, if not deeper.

Your age when you had your first intimate relationship.
keremaru
I still haven't had my first "relationship" relationship, still waiting for that surfboard to wade on by.

Your age when you went to your first restaurant *edit: with less than, or equal to, four people. God, does that break the fourth wall.
MisakiTobisawa-

when you fell pretty badly for the first time (for me, I was 12 and fell onto a rock which caused a bad scrape, which was a week before going to Korea)
CatzerTM
possibly around 6-7. i fell on a sharp piece of wood and left a huge bruise in the middle of my kneecap, almost all the flesh there was gone.

your age when you first experienced a hurricane/earthquake
show more