forum

[resolved] Beatmap Listing Button does not work anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KrisTheThing
Hello there,

First, sorry if a similar topic already exists. I tried to search for it but every key words that I used led nowhere.

The problem is simple : I opened Osu! a few hours ago. Then, I wanted to open a map's page by using the ''Beatmap Listing/Scores'' button right next to the ranking panel. And, I don't know why, it does not work anymore.

I wanted to know if someone had experienced a similar issue, and, could possibly share a potential fix to this annoying problem.

Thanks for reading.

osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
Death
Seems to be working fine over here. What map are you trying to hit the button on and what exactly happens when you hit it?
Topic Starter
KrisTheThing
Actually, I can literally try any maps, but the result is the same.

Click > Osu get reduced to taskbar
Then, logically, I should be redirected on my navigator (Firefox) but nothing happens.
To sum it up : Osu! just got reduced to the taskbar (same as an alt + tab in a fullscreen game) and nothing happens.

So, I guess this problem comes from my PC ? Altough it is quite strange as I did not do anything different (did not installed any gameor downloaded things. I just used the PC as always such as browsing things and playing games).
Death
Try resetting your default browser. Change it to a different browser first (Chrome for example) see if that works, and then try changing it back to Firefox.
Topic Starter
KrisTheThing
So, after a quick restart. I tried your solution, and here is the result :

Firefox seems to refuse opening those Osu! shortcuts (such as beatmap button as the title says).

So, according to me. This thread is now resolved, feel free to lock / archive.

Thanks Death for those answers.
Death
Maybe you should also try restarting your computer if you haven't already. But if that's good enough of a solution for you, then I'll mark this as resolved.
Topic Starter
KrisTheThing

Death wrote:

Maybe you should also try restarting your computer if you haven't already. But if that's good enough of a solution for you, then I'll mark this as resolved.
When I meant restart, it was about the computer.

I will try to change / reset / change settings of Firefox. But I am now sure the issue is Firefox.

So, Yes, I consider this issue resolved, as your solution worked.

Thanks again.