forum

what keyboard switch should i buy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkySand
hey guys i currently have a normal membrane keyboard and im looking to buy a mechanical keyboard.
i can spend around a 100$ on a keyboard and i don't know if i want the brown switches or the speed switches.
i tried linear keyboard and it feels weird and i don't know if i will get used to it. The brown switches i feel like are more similar to membrane because
it is tactile.
which one you think i should get?
Liyuu
Relatively speaking, it's really up to you. I have two keyboard one is a corsair strafe with speed (silver) switches and i primary use the for stamina heavy (stream) maps and my second keyboard being a Ducky Shine 5 with Blue's which i use for when i play FPS/MOBA/RTS games and if i'm not playing competitive in osu! just focus on what you're gonna use it for, Are you gonna use it for FPS games as well? how about RTS? MOBA? again up to you
Deva
Get blacks for strong fingers, blues for typing or reds for stamina hack and longer streaming time.
Akanagi
Blacks op
ZeCryptic
I would say go for the brown switches. I have not tried speed switches though, but you can't really go wrong with browns. I find them perfect for both playing and typing
Topic Starter
SkySand
i ended up buying a red switches keyboard and i must say it was the right choice, i still from time to time make mistakes on this keyboard more than the membrane but it is worth it. i got the hyperx red switches keyboard
-ruubi-
Ah, nice! I wrote a whole paragraph with different switch's strengths before realizing this was from two years ago and you had already made your decision lol. I'm glad the keyboard's working out for you well :)
axelixiya

SkySand wrote:

i ended up buying a red switches keyboard and i must say it was the right choice, i still from time to time make mistakes on this keyboard more than the membrane but it is worth it. i got the hyperx red switches keyboard
Red switches are Very good switches! glad you made that decision
Byonick
Actually i buy the clear switches lmao it's kinda same like red but the force is 35gr and for red its mostly 45 - 55 gr. i use gateron clear switches it's linear and you can click it without a lot of power like brown/black does, pretty good for streaming as far i play, but red is nice choice too.