forum

How to break through 5* wall

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fortasse
I've been playing osu for about a year consistently now and I've breezed through (relatively speaking) everything up to about 5.3* to 5.6*, and I simply cannot play anything harder despite all my efforts in trying. Are there any recommendations like maps or practices I should be doing to break through this wall? Thanks.
wheelchair
Go back to play 4* maps until u fc them, with decent acc also, that willl help u reading them. Specially tech maps like flower dance or so
Also, u can try focusing on one aspect, like improving jumps or streams, and not to be surprised by them when suddenly appears a cross screen jump or a burst stream.
Just curious, what do u use to play?
D_Loomz

kirintili wrote:

Go back to play 4* maps

Also boost your playtime
Topic Starter
Fortasse

kirintili wrote:

Go back to play 4* maps until u fc them, with decent acc also, that willl help u reading them. Specially tech maps like flower dance or so
Also, u can try focusing on one aspect, like improving jumps or streams, and not to be surprised by them when suddenly appears a cross screen jump or a burst stream.

I use a razer blackwidow with browns and a wacom intros tablet
Wishes
Seriously? Play more. Assuming you don't play offline a lot, your play time is too low to even be playing 5 star maps lol.
Deva
5* wall? Break the 3* wall first lmao
VinZentVanDough
You still need to FC 4.5* maps with at least 96% acc so that you'll get used to jumps,streams,high hp,etc.

Also your top play is Best friendS. Try FCing that first kappa
Topic Starter
Fortasse

DLoomz wrote:

kirintili wrote:

Go back to play 4* maps

Also boost your playtime

I'm playing about as much as I can without interfering with regular life haha

Wishes wrote:

LOL really? I thought I was tanking since I play for fun.
Kaeldori
Play old maps
Tamako Lumisade
Use a hammer
- e - v - b-

NightshineRec wrote:

DLoomz wrote:

kirintili wrote:

Go back to play 4* maps

Also boost your playtime

I'm playing about as much as I can without interfering with regular life haha

Wishes wrote:

LOL really? I thought I was tanking since I play for fun.

whether you play for fun or not has nothing to do with how well you play

generally i play for fun but am still able to set scores i consider good in the process
-Komorebi-
I've played for about 2.5 years and I still dont consider myself to breeze through any 5* map lol. If there was a magic formula I wish I would've found it already.

EDIT: Ok read your post again and you actually asked for specific maps/recommendations so... But IMO you prolly shouldn't be doing 5* maps yet, the jump in difficulty from 4-5* is pretty large and even though I can fc most 4* maps i'm still struggling pretty badly with 5* ones.
Topic Starter
Fortasse

-Komorebi- wrote:

I've played for about 2.5 years and I still dont consider myself to breeze through any 5* map lol. If there was a magic formula I wish I would've found it already.

EDIT: Ok read your post again and you actually asked for specific maps/recommendations so... But IMO you prolly shouldn't be doing 5* maps yet, the jump in difficulty from 4-5* is pretty large and even though I can fc most 4* maps i'm still struggling pretty badly with 5* ones.

Well it's specifically the mid 5* and the like. That's the place I've been stuck for the good part of a year now and it's starting to become frustrating.
kai99
you should be playing somewhere between 4.4 - 4.8
Akanagi
5* suck
DXPOHIHIHI

NightshineRec wrote:

kirintili wrote:

lmao even though you have a really decent gear for osu but still you suck xdd
ABD007
You can break anything with NF . If you already used to it , and already saw the hp drain isn't a problem , disable NF :)
-Makishima S-
I started playing 5* maps after 3k pp. Till this you can easily hit this with 4-4.9*
Play more
Fix acc
Don't go so fast to 5*, they sucks ass when you cannot read properly
Justified
Your play count is only 2k, so just play more lol
Topic Starter
Fortasse

szkiller wrote:

NightshineRec wrote:

kirintili wrote:

lmao even though you have a really decent gear for osu but still you suck xdd

Haha this is my gaming desktop/workstation so I owned these long before I started playing lol

Kyousukee wrote:

You can break anything with NF . If you already used to it , and already saw the hp drain isn't a problem , disable NF :)

Well, I feel like having NF gives me a placebo where I feel safer so I play better. MY current top play is with NF on and I am capable of S-ing the map but can't without it.

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

You still need to FC 4.5* maps with at least 96% acc so that you'll get used to jumps,streams,high hp,etc.

Also your top play is Best friendS. Try FCing that first kappa

:')
Endaris
You cannot hope to break through the 5* wall as long as you have a B rank on a map such as https://osu.ppy.sh/b/306038?m=0
Your Top plays seem to lean very much in favor of aim maps with pretty much no stream requirement. Practice that map and go for 97% FC and you'll be a good step closer to owning 5*.
Topic Starter
Fortasse

Endaris wrote:

You cannot hope to break through the 5* wall as long as you have a B rank on a map such as https://osu.ppy.sh/b/306038?m=0
Your Top plays seem to lean very much in favor of aim maps with pretty much no stream requirement. Practice that map and go for 97% FC and you'll be a good step closer to owning 5*.

Okay, cool. I do have issues with long streams especially if they are more than 16 beats long bc I can't calibrate myself on the starting note of a bar anymore. Noted.
I have sewing machine, tower of heaven, and little princess. Are there other maps like this? I've tried the various streaming maps but those don't help it seems.
Syneergy
Dude!

You only have 53 hours of game play and you play for 1 year, unless you play offline it makes sense.

First of all, if you want to break 5 stars and move on 6 stars you must be able to fc 3-4 stars and play have good accuracy on 5 stars. 5 star maps usually have streams, bursts, jumps etc.... and to play 6 stars it will be a big gap but, if you are able to do good in 5 stars then you will be able to play 6.

There is a thing that no one understand is improvement, play the game regularly, take breaks and with time you will be able to play better.

Give your fingers some rest to heal and in long term it will help, dont be like me and dont take rest after long stream practice maps and injure your middle finger which the tendon flexor wont move again.
ZeCryptic
It takes time to improve. If you have played this game for only around 50h in over a year you are not putting in the time and effort it takes to improve at this game
Topic Starter
Fortasse

ZeCryptic wrote:

It takes time to improve. If you have played this game for only around 50h in over a year you are not putting in the time and effort it takes to improve at this game

I'm just about doing as much as I can, since I really can only put in multiple hours per day during breaks from my education. Also why I've been looking for maps that can complement my skill set so I can improve certain things (like streaming haha still suck at that)
Endaris

NightshineRec wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Okay, cool. I do have issues with long streams especially if they are more than 16 beats long bc I can't calibrate myself on the starting note of a bar anymore. Noted.
I have sewing machine, tower of heaven, and little princess. Are there other maps like this? I've tried the various streaming maps but those don't help it seems.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
show more