forum

[osu!std] 5/20/18 Mayday (feat. Laura Brehm) by Voltaeyx Vote/Discussion

posted
Total Posts

Should Mayday (feat. Laura Brehm) by Voltaeyx be Loved?

Yes
97.63%
No
2.37%
Total votes: 4215
Polling ended
show more
DeletedUser_10863103
Creative mapping like this puts a smile on my face. I love it!
Byoko
Because the patience and effort it took to make this beauty
ich muss shyzen
This Map is amazing!
NooobWannaLube
In my opinion, this should not be loved. Most people just point out how they like the song and how much time and effort mapper spent on it. Tbh I don't even think map is that creative and unique as people say, the entire map is kinda repretitive, and the most exciting moment is a ton of overlaping sliders to decrease your fps a little bit.Map got all these favorites because of BeastTrollMc who was literally reaching nirvana while playing it.
Anyway, enjoyable this map or not - it's all pretty much subjective, aside of that, why it should have a leaderboard? Basically it's a visualization, and I can't really see a big competition happening there(Until Mismagius will get an urge to fc it with FL lol)
Saddest thing is if it won't get ranked community will get mad
Grim Rapper

Hobbes2 wrote:

Voted yes, you can say its overrated but you gotta respect the effort put into this and the song is super duper catchy and the SB is cool

I'm more worried that this map will overshadow other maps that are (imo) equally if not better than this map
LLENN-chan
This map is the most nice 2B map i've ever played. Even though i can't pass it because i'm not fast enough to catch the circle with my mouse
hypnoSpirA
Honestly, this map has left me speechless. It's beautiful
Phantasmm
BeastrollMc said to vote for it, so i will.
Natso
Great map, I hope it will be loved !
Pogczman
<3
Just the fact that this beatmap was supposed to be an experiment for slider overlaying surprises me: This map is masterpiece and thank God it received attention tbh.
I love it
hifu
This map should enter the loved category for sure.

Focuses on sync but to a minimal degree, yet still syncs well with the beat of the song.

The sliders are not only satisfying to look at, but are also fun to hit, as the slider-heads are placed in jump patterns that are easy to follow, and as stated, fun (and satisfying) to hit.

The combination of the simple sync, amazing slider patterns and the satisfaction of both looking at and playing this map should definitely make it loved.
dowirak
mapper is genuis
Medb

MRAT47_ wrote:

Now i don't know what is "2B map".
"Requires 2 button to play" just doesn't work for this. You can single-tap to FC this map

Nice map btw, hyped little bit too much but still amazing.

I agree as well, and Volt and I had this discussion, but to call it something other than 2B is just kinda hard considering you'd basically be inventing a term. Essentially we've jsut been calling it slider overlaps but overall it's a subset of 2B mapping despite not actually being a 2B map itself
Nowaie
Overhyped as fuck. Kudos for actually finding all the SVs though.
Sonia77_old
Just found this beatmap at Beasttrollmc's video and it makes me speechless
The best 2B beatmap i ever seen
Tap Ash
It's a very good map with a very unique design.
nekuale
i like the map alout. the guy really took time on it and look at this xd
DokiSleepy

SilverCatalyst wrote:

i do not like this map because it is popular!!!!! >:^(((((((((((( get downvoted LOSER!!! owned hehe

stop... just stop... you're acting like a kid wi- did you even TRY THE MAP?
PepeSad_old_1
I voted yes because of the amount of work and effort put into this amazing map. The sliders are great and it's beautiful to watch. It deserves to be loved as it is loved by not only me, but thousands of other players.
lunaaririn
The keysounding omg
worst fl player
surprised how popular this map is.
RosieCode
<3 love this map, one of the most pleasing maps ive played!
-Ducky
The effort put into this map is just as much as a ranked map (or maybe even more). It focuses on aesthetics rather than gameplay which some people don't want, but I still think this is worthy of being loved.

10/10 would farm if loved :^)
[Shiny]
I'm sure 2B doesn't mean "2 buttons", I think it means "2 beats", or in other words, two notes (either circles, sliders' first/medium/final hits, or spinner hits, in any combination possible) in the same tick (placed both in the same timesnap)
alensenpai[kia]
this map is so fun to try and play its not possible to get any rank highier than d but its just fun to try and understand the mindfuck that is that map its just super fun
Lux Lux
Such an amazing map, can't wait to see this loved!
FlyingFire
BeastTrollMC told me to so i will!
YoshiChen
This map truly is a work of art as it introduces new mechanics to the game as well as new gameplay options for mappers(*cough*Sotarks*cough). Im juat glad that this map is not just cross screen jumps for pp.Keep up the good work Voltaeyx.