forum

[osu!std] 5/20/18 Mayday (feat. Laura Brehm) by Voltaeyx Vote/Discussion

posted
Total Posts

Should Mayday (feat. Laura Brehm) by Voltaeyx be Loved?

Yes
97.63%
No
2.37%
Total votes: 4215
Polling ended
show more
Medb

SUPERGLB05 wrote:

Everyone D with NF

But Riviclia will C this with EZ

Ironically the map is basically unplayable with ez because the od means it's incredibly easy to notelock and hit the previous slider head instead of the current slider start

Try it yourself, it's pretty interesting to be honest
Belladonna
good stuff
ABD007

Hobbes2 wrote:

Voted yes, you can say its overrated but you gotta respect the effort put into this and the song is super duper catchy and the SB is cool
same here . agree ~
Masha
Beasttroll told me to vote for this
Fireburner
lets get this loved gamers
D_Loomz
Calling out mayday <3
Eaves
What can I say? Everything about this map is absolutely incredible. The skin, the storyboard, the sliders, everything. This map is truly unique.
Monkeysmasher1
Tbh this should enter Loved because its a masterpiece! I dont think (to my knowledge) there have been any creative maps that have physically gave me goosebumps before, let alone a game in general. This map has shown that there is still creativity that can come from mapping, nothing rankable however, but thats what Loved is for, Right? to show off creativity through song and map (and any other stuff added to said map, Story board, hitsounds, skin, etc.)
texnonik
Why not to record video and put as background video and changing the map to just circles ?
Then your acc will be able to be 100% .
Its just my old idea that i wanted to share with you !
Nice map love it !
iaport
Here are the reasons I said no:

1. It's a 2b map. Sure, I do like 2b, but the hype is worse than Matt M.'s song.
2. The favorites. Sure, the map is good, but hype can lead to sudden and piercing dissapointment. Remember when ProBox's Candyyyland map was nominated? It had over 1.1k favorites. Then Box stated that he didn't want it to be loved. The statement destroyed my enjoyment for Project Loved, and I believe ProBox should at least TRY to get his maps loved, such as the aforementioned CANDYYYLAND song.
3. It's over-hyped. This is pretty self-explanatory. I mean, 4k favorites is excessive in its own right, but earning them in such a brief period, AND for a 2b map? We might as well love Centipede, Empress, or ExGon's Paradigm!

Therefore, this map shouldn't be loved in any w-...sitht. My other personality was speaking. Get this map Loved soo-
DON'T LOVE IT!. S-
LOVE IT! SHUT UP!
NO YOU SHUT UP
NO YOU SHUT UP
NO YOU SHUT UP
NO YOU SHUT UP
NO YOU
NO YOU
NO YOU
NO YOU
NO Y-
*CRUNCH*

I needed to stop my other personalities from fighting just now. Time to spread the love of mapping to all people, one person at a time!

Thank you to our boy & Company
-Port
Zozimoto
honestly playing this with EZ is extremly fun.
AngeLTobisawA
This map is well deserved to be loved.
TAVO
I like the song,
I love the map
MRAT47_
Now i don't know what is "2B map".
"Requires 2 button to play" just doesn't work for this. You can single-tap to FC this map

Nice map btw, hyped little bit too much but still amazing.
Umbre-on
Great 2b map with awesome storyboard that shows just how much effort was put in it would be quite a shame to not let it enter loved state at least
-Meta
innovative, creative, interesting, fun, and (soon to be) loved. everything else i could praise about this map has been said 40 times over in better ways. props to Voltaeyx and Tsurumi, thanks for keeping mapping interesting.
samucaccst28
i love this map and i hoé it can be loved
Ronelskie015
It should be loved. This map is amazing XD The efforts on 2B sliders and the storyboard itself is just.. amazing XD
NicoDayo
This map is absolutely beautiful with its amazing storyboard. It deserves loved status.
Shima19
Deserves the loved state ♥
DeletedUser_10863103
Creative mapping like this puts a smile on my face. I love it!
Byoko
Because the patience and effort it took to make this beauty
ich muss shyzen
This Map is amazing!
NooobWannaLube
In my opinion, this should not be loved. Most people just point out how they like the song and how much time and effort mapper spent on it. Tbh I don't even think map is that creative and unique as people say, the entire map is kinda repretitive, and the most exciting moment is a ton of overlaping sliders to decrease your fps a little bit.Map got all these favorites because of BeastTrollMc who was literally reaching nirvana while playing it.
Anyway, enjoyable this map or not - it's all pretty much subjective, aside of that, why it should have a leaderboard? Basically it's a visualization, and I can't really see a big competition happening there(Until Mismagius will get an urge to fc it with FL lol)
Saddest thing is if it won't get ranked community will get mad
Grim Rapper

Hobbes2 wrote:

Voted yes, you can say its overrated but you gotta respect the effort put into this and the song is super duper catchy and the SB is cool

I'm more worried that this map will overshadow other maps that are (imo) equally if not better than this map
LLENN-chan
This map is the most nice 2B map i've ever played. Even though i can't pass it because i'm not fast enough to catch the circle with my mouse
hypnoSpirA
Honestly, this map has left me speechless. It's beautiful
Phantasmm
BeastrollMc said to vote for it, so i will.
Natso
Great map, I hope it will be loved !
Pogczman
<3
Just the fact that this beatmap was supposed to be an experiment for slider overlaying surprises me: This map is masterpiece and thank God it received attention tbh.
I love it
hifu
This map should enter the loved category for sure.

Focuses on sync but to a minimal degree, yet still syncs well with the beat of the song.

The sliders are not only satisfying to look at, but are also fun to hit, as the slider-heads are placed in jump patterns that are easy to follow, and as stated, fun (and satisfying) to hit.

The combination of the simple sync, amazing slider patterns and the satisfaction of both looking at and playing this map should definitely make it loved.
dowirak
mapper is genuis
Medb

MRAT47_ wrote:

Now i don't know what is "2B map".
"Requires 2 button to play" just doesn't work for this. You can single-tap to FC this map

Nice map btw, hyped little bit too much but still amazing.

I agree as well, and Volt and I had this discussion, but to call it something other than 2B is just kinda hard considering you'd basically be inventing a term. Essentially we've jsut been calling it slider overlaps but overall it's a subset of 2B mapping despite not actually being a 2B map itself
Nowaie
Overhyped as fuck. Kudos for actually finding all the SVs though.
Sonia77_old
Just found this beatmap at Beasttrollmc's video and it makes me speechless
The best 2B beatmap i ever seen
Tap Ash
It's a very good map with a very unique design.
nekuale
i like the map alout. the guy really took time on it and look at this xd
DokiSleepy

SilverCatalyst wrote:

i do not like this map because it is popular!!!!! >:^(((((((((((( get downvoted LOSER!!! owned hehe

stop... just stop... you're acting like a kid wi- did you even TRY THE MAP?
PepeSad_old_1
I voted yes because of the amount of work and effort put into this amazing map. The sliders are great and it's beautiful to watch. It deserves to be loved as it is loved by not only me, but thousands of other players.
show more