forum

[osu!std] 5/20/18 Mayday (feat. Laura Brehm) by Voltaeyx Vote/Discussion

posted
Total Posts

Should Mayday (feat. Laura Brehm) by Voltaeyx be Loved?

Yes
97.63%
No
2.37%
Total votes: 4215
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
Mayday (feat. Laura Brehm) by Voltaeyx
Captain's Description (by Toy):
Okay. Actually who could have predicted this. As of writing this, Voltaeyx's Mayday has reached over 3370 favorites as of writing this when it only had 600 a few days ago. To put this in perspective, this map has amassed more favorites in a week than popular osu! staples such as FREEDOM DiVE, Can't Defeat Airman, Blue Zenith, or The Big Black, all of which hover around 2000-2500 favorites. The popularity boom behind this map is unparalled. If you're unsure why the map is so popular, please take the time to watch this video and see for yourself.

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 7 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/749056
RadicalMemes
very high effort tbh xD.
Multisided
The map was amazing, the skin, the storyboard, and the 2B sliders. I think this should be loved, because it is loved by many including myself! Great job Voltaeyx!
ABD007
The reason is , Too much favorite . Then with the big efforts and creative storyboard will make it deserve for loved section ! Great map :)
YeashBoi
i like the song.
Nobutoki
Reason 1 : It pleases my OCD
Reason 2 : The effort
Reason 3 : It's just cool
h3oCharles
C A L L I N G O U T M A Y D A Y
Hideru
Yes please

1.Extremely High Effort
2.It's Fun to play
3.Unique
Eyjafjalla
One of the most boring 2B maps. Why not Endless Tewi-ma Park or Axarious' Drizzling Sun?
LwL

Dysthymia wrote:

One of the most boring 2B maps. Why not Endless Tewi-ma Park or Axarious' Drizzling Sun?

Both of those autofail.

Tbh there's no harm in anything getting loved, and it's cool to look at, but yeah it's just so boring to actually play.
Topic Starter
Toy

LwL wrote:

Dysthymia wrote:

Both of those autofail.

Exactly. I wish there was a way to fix that bug with 2B maps since otherwise there's not much of a point in adding them to Loved.
Aside, Axarious has also expressed that he does not want his maps to be Loved, adding another reason why Drizzling Sun has not already been nominated.
Remitsu
BeasttrollMC Told me to vote for mayday monkaGIGA LETS GO
Cartoon9210
Good Shit right here POGGERS
Nao Tomori
it's a very nice art project =D
Miloshki
This map is an experience. Need to see more of this kind of mapping!
lanrete ecruos
The most overrated beatmap I've ever seen.
-cheesecake
Can't wait for the first C rank
SilverCatalyst
i do not like this map because it is popular!!!!! >:^(((((((((((( get downvoted LOSER!!! owned hehe

Dequei wrote:

Can't wait for the first C rank

same here
Kyokino
Loved please.

1. Tons of effort put into it.
2. Beautiful sliders + Storyboard
3. Amazing and enjoyable to watch while playing.
Izzywing
Voted yes, you can say its overrated but you gotta respect the effort put into this and the song is super duper catchy and the SB is cool
Platform
cool map.

and it probably took awhile to get the timing right for the sliders.thats why i like it
Remitsu
POGGERS
_Illustrious_
Everyone D with NF

But Riviclia will C this with EZ
-anibal-
the map was focused on visuals, not gameplay
Medb

SUPERGLB05 wrote:

Everyone D with NF

But Riviclia will C this with EZ

Ironically the map is basically unplayable with ez because the od means it's incredibly easy to notelock and hit the previous slider head instead of the current slider start

Try it yourself, it's pretty interesting to be honest
Belladonna
good stuff
ABD007

Hobbes2 wrote:

Voted yes, you can say its overrated but you gotta respect the effort put into this and the song is super duper catchy and the SB is cool
same here . agree ~
Masha
Beasttroll told me to vote for this
Fireburner
lets get this loved gamers
D_Loomz
Calling out mayday <3
Eaves
What can I say? Everything about this map is absolutely incredible. The skin, the storyboard, the sliders, everything. This map is truly unique.
Monkeysmasher1
Tbh this should enter Loved because its a masterpiece! I dont think (to my knowledge) there have been any creative maps that have physically gave me goosebumps before, let alone a game in general. This map has shown that there is still creativity that can come from mapping, nothing rankable however, but thats what Loved is for, Right? to show off creativity through song and map (and any other stuff added to said map, Story board, hitsounds, skin, etc.)
texnonik
Why not to record video and put as background video and changing the map to just circles ?
Then your acc will be able to be 100% .
Its just my old idea that i wanted to share with you !
Nice map love it !
iaport
Here are the reasons I said no:

1. It's a 2b map. Sure, I do like 2b, but the hype is worse than Matt M.'s song.
2. The favorites. Sure, the map is good, but hype can lead to sudden and piercing dissapointment. Remember when ProBox's Candyyyland map was nominated? It had over 1.1k favorites. Then Box stated that he didn't want it to be loved. The statement destroyed my enjoyment for Project Loved, and I believe ProBox should at least TRY to get his maps loved, such as the aforementioned CANDYYYLAND song.
3. It's over-hyped. This is pretty self-explanatory. I mean, 4k favorites is excessive in its own right, but earning them in such a brief period, AND for a 2b map? We might as well love Centipede, Empress, or ExGon's Paradigm!

Therefore, this map shouldn't be loved in any w-...sitht. My other personality was speaking. Get this map Loved soo-
DON'T LOVE IT!. S-
LOVE IT! SHUT UP!
NO YOU SHUT UP
NO YOU SHUT UP
NO YOU SHUT UP
NO YOU SHUT UP
NO YOU
NO YOU
NO YOU
NO YOU
NO Y-
*CRUNCH*

I needed to stop my other personalities from fighting just now. Time to spread the love of mapping to all people, one person at a time!

Thank you to our boy & Company
-Port
Zozimoto
honestly playing this with EZ is extremly fun.
AngeLTobisawA
This map is well deserved to be loved.
show more