forum

help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tomatas95
So...I can't get better in osu. After 3weeks1-month i downloaded this game and i liked it.. so i started playing 6h per day becouse i had the motivation to be a good osu player and such. At first i didint have any luck i was derping arround,started watching some global ranked replays but they teached me nothing becouse they always have DT FL HD and allkinds of mods..... So i started watching all kinds of youtube help things how to get better and such but it sadly didint help much either just to buy a gaming mouse lol..After that alot of practise i still cant even pass SOME 3star songs with 90% accuracy after putting so much time into this game these past weeks... I tried to maybe learn 4 star songs cuz i thought its one of those games that the harder the song the better you learn the game. But it just left me depressed and such cuz i can't even complete 1 song in 4star sector where i have like 500 songs in the game... help me plz
Deva
Play easier maps. You will get faster with experience.
dung eater
try to hit the middle of circle, try to follow sliders in the center, try to follow stream in the center.
Topic Starter
tomatas95
you mean try 2nd star songs? but theyre just too slow for me is it alright?
and what is a stream exactly?
so u say i shouldnt try 4 star songs? until i get better somehow? xD
KupcaH
Forget about four star maps for now. It's too early for you to play them.
Play 2.6-3.2* maps and focus on getting higher acc. Download a lot of different maps and play through all of them without retrying, and always try to do your best at every beatmap. When you'll be able to fc most of them with >96% accuracy, move on to higher star rate. Just try to enjoy game, it'll take some time before you notice improvement.

Also, to mention, star rate isn't very accurate. So there are always gonna be "tough" three star maps.
Topic Starter
tomatas95
accuracy,as in getting high multipliers too? and should i try with mods too?
KupcaH

tomatas95 wrote:

accuracy,as in getting high multipliers too?

Yes, but don't get frustrated if you break often.

tomatas95 wrote:

and should i try with mods too?
No, don't use any mods for now.
Frikandel

KupcaH wrote:

Play 2.6-3.2* maps and focus on getting higher acc. Download a lot of different maps and play through all of them without retrying, and always try to do your best at every beatmap. When you'll be able to fc most of them with >96% accuracy, move on to higher star rate. Just try to enjoy game, it'll take some time before you notice improvement.

Also, to mention, star rate isn't very accurate. So there are always gonna be "tough" three star maps.
Just wondering why so ultra specific? 2.6-3.2?
KupcaH

Frikandel wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Just wondering why so ultra specific? 2.6-3.2?
Well, iirc triples start to show up a lot on 2.8*, so be good at acc'ing average normals without triples. And I've said 3.2 by looking to his top plays, he's pretty bad at acc'ing 3.1-3.3*. So he shouldn't go higher imo.
Topic Starter
tomatas95
yes dancing dollz i only finished once,in 70+ tries :))
Endaris

tomatas95 wrote:

you mean try 2nd star songs? but theyre just too slow for me is it alright?
and what is a stream exactly?
so u say i shouldnt try 4 star songs? until i get better somehow? xD
There is no such thing as "too slow".
Unless you can safely SS a map within 10 tries there's still something to gain from it, so don't worry about not improving on easy maps because they seem "too easy". If they are too easy it will show in your performance.
Topic Starter
tomatas95
one more thing i want to ask somebody said to be that gaming mouse makes everything way easier..is that true? cuz i dont have one just curious,still not going to buy that though.

p.s been trying to beat some 2,6 beatmap packs seems thats what ill be working on for this week..mind if i ask how much 95%+ accuracy on songs i have to achieve before moving to 3star +?