forum

Coldplay - Yellow

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 3:34:58 PM

Artist: Coldplay
Title: Yellow
BPM: 173.62
Filesize: 7593kb
Play Time: 01:50
Difficulties Available:
  1. Blissfully Easy (Blissfulyoshi) (3.02 stars, 101 notes)
  2. Mellow Yellow (3.88 stars, 281 notes)
Download: Coldplay - Yellow
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Completed for one difficulty.

Making other difficulties.

Mod please? (For this difficulty)

As of 11/10/08:
Added a video (not working... idk how to fix it either)
Added a BG
Added a custom hitsound (from MetalMario201)
Added custom combo colors

As of 11/15/08
Added a new difficulty [ETNAO] (INCOMPLETE)

As of 12/31/08
Removed ETNAO difficulty
Added Blissfully Easy (Blissfulyoshi) difficulty
Removed video
mm201
BPM: 86.770
Offset: 180

Please set all other timing sections to use inheritence, then move them to the nearest white ticks.

The difficulty in this map seemed to fluctuate from fast with Rolled spacing to a much slower pace with mostly long sliders, which feels kind of unnatural. The slow parts should be used for an easier difficulty and replaced here with something faster.

1. It's annoying starting right at the very beginning of the song. I'd like it much more if it began at 0:05:711.
  2. 00:11:93 (3,4,5), etc. - These seem to be spaced a little tighter than the other 1/4s. Put one grid square between each of them.
  3. 00:48:75 (3,4) - Move forward by a 1/4 to synch to "yel-low." Then shorten the slider by a 1/4 to keep its endpoint.
  4. 01:30:07 (2,3,4), etc. - Overuse of Finish noises here IMO. You can select some of the slider ends on the timeline to get rid of single noises.
I've changed around the sound effects in the skin I'm using, and my soft-hitclap is the snap from EBA. It sounds perfect in this map's soft sections, so I'd suggest including it:

Download: soft-hitclap.rar
Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove

MetalMario201 wrote:

wyaeiga wrote:

And since I usually only have one idea for a beatmap, I guess i'll take your personal opinions and use them for another difficulty (since I really like this one).
Okay, your map. :? I still think it's more balanced keeping the difficulty of a map stable.
Haha, don't worry. I'll keep your opinion in mind when I make another difficulty. One slow and One fast (maybe overmapped? idk).
Dragonslayerxx
Well overall, i like the map. However, there are some spots where the sliders start a bit early.
Ex: 2:17:367 Maybe a quarter note forward

I dunno if its just me but some of your hold notes dont seem to end on anything.
Look over the map a bit more and maybe add a new difficulty?
8-)
xXmc_renachanXx
Please finish it??? Maybe add a little bit of a harder difficulty? I really like it ^^
Topic Starter
Ken Cosgrove

xXmc_renachanXx wrote:

Please finish it??? Maybe add a little bit of a harder difficulty? I really like it ^^
I'll try to work on it some more when I have free time, but yeah, I'll try to finish it!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.