forum

Banning individual people from multiplayer games?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zetta
We were playing multi peacefully in a 8/8 room, we pass leader to someone who immediately kicks everyone else then occupies the room constantly kicking anyone that joins.

....Why is this allowed? Hell why isn't this even moderated?

I like to suggest a feature of being able to ban someone you don't like from joining your MP games.

Just incase anyone is wondering, the kicker was this fgt http://osu.ppy.sh/u/tigerdash

Edit - guddamot, in my haste to post this I posted it in the wrong section, was meant to be in suggestions not help. Sorry.
kriers
kick all the 6-digit players
Lucy-Kaede

Zetta wrote:

Edit - guddamot, in my haste to post this I posted it in the wrong section, was meant to be in suggestions not help. Sorry.
Beat me to it.

Zetta wrote:

Just incase anyone is wondering, the kicker was this fgt http://osu.ppy.sh/u/tigerdash
Although, this player doesn't seem very active

Zetta wrote:

I like to suggest a feature of being able to ban someone you don't like from joining your MP games.
This is the same as the ability to kick someone from joining your games? OR, you "can" password (although then only friends can join)

Really, being able to ban someone is the same as being able to kick them. And in tiger's perspective, he could have been kicking people that he didn't like. (Although spam kicking 7/8 people seems excessive)
Topic Starter
Zetta
This is the same as the ability to kick someone from joining your games? OR, you "can" password (although then only friends can join)

Really, being able to ban someone is the same as being able to kick them. And in tiger's perspective, he could have been kicking people that he didn't like. (Although spam kicking 7/8 people seems excessive)
It was posted to a semi-private steam group and he seems to obviously only join in order to "troll" and mass kick people. It was passworded and he kept joining nonstop even when we made a new room.

At least with a ban you could set up a sort of banlist that is in effect whenever you're the host of the game.
Lucy-Kaede

Zetta wrote:

It was posted to a semi-private steam group and he seems to obviously only join in order to "troll" and mass kick people. It was passworded and he kept joining nonstop even when we made a new room.

At least with a ban you could set up a sort of banlist that is in effect whenever you're the host of the game.
Well yes, it does sound rather frustrating. But, if it was pass-worded and he was able to keep joining, really the problem was he was being told the password.

Maybe a 5-10 minute ban to a specific game could be acceptable though, in cases where players continue to join even after being kicked.
Topic Starter
Zetta
The thing is, the password is always the same that's how we keep the room up. It goes under a lot of names but the password always stays the same. I just think it's ridiculous that someone can disrupt and grief this easily.
Rii_old_1

kriers wrote:

kick all the 6-digit players
Sakura

Zetta wrote:

I like to suggest a feature of being able to ban someone

Zetta wrote:

Pretty much, i'll move it to Feature Requests then
Stefan
Bumping.

That request looks.. very mean. But actually this could be implemented by ignoring someone (or adding the person to your foe/ignore List)
Oinari-sama
It makes sense to prevent ignored players from joining your game, so why not?

However that won't ease the OP's problem unless the original room creator has more power, therefore this request is related: t/99948
Nathanael
What a necro bump.

Oinari-sama wrote:

It makes sense to prevent ignored players from joining your game, so why not?
Agree. Auto kicking players who are on the ignore list is possible by adding few codes.

Wait for someone to join --> Client will check if the user is on the ignore list --> If at ignore list, kick automatically
Zaether
I’ve experienced this myself and it’s annoying and I don’t understand the point of it.
megumic

qt- wrote:

I’ve experienced this myself and it’s annoying and I don’t understand the point of it.
Why did you bump an 8 year old thread? This is also already a feature now where players with referee permissions may !mp ban [person] from the lobby permanently.