forum

[resolved] Alt+Tab from osu! issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Little Zhang
After one of the more recent updates, I've been having issues Alt+Tab-ing to separate windows. Usually, it's flawless and if you quick push Alt+Tab it'll open the most recent previously open window, or if you hold Alt+Tab it'll display all your currently open windows and let you pick between them, but at this point everything lags, and then it releases and osu! is still present, but it's like there's another active window so the frames are lowered, but I need to push Alt+Tab again to pick the window. Only happens with osu, other games or full screen applications work fine to Alt+Tab.

I usually run experimental build, but I did try stable build to see if that would fix and it doesn't change anything.

osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
Death
What operating system are you on? If you are on Windows 10, what version?

The most recent April update for Windows 10 (Version 1803) caused a lot of Alt+Tab issues (among other things). If you are on this version, try going to: Windows settings > System > Focus assistant and disabling everything.
imnoteveneric
I'm having the same issue, and turning off everything relating to Focus Assistant didn't do much. I can launch it and see the game and hear it, but alt-tabbing IMMEDIATELY turns my game black and unplayable.
Topic Starter
Little Zhang

Death wrote:

The most recent April update for Windows 10 (Version 1803) caused a lot of Alt+Tab issues (among other things). If you are on this version, try going to: Windows settings > System > Focus assistant and disabling everything.
I'm definitely on latest Win10 update, never updated usually and for this exact reason lmao I'll give it a try and see how it goes, thanks!

Update:
Definitely was the fix in my case
sudo rm -life

Death wrote:

Thanks for this. I knew it had to do with Microsoft trying to mess with running games on their system. Just couldn't find exactly where the setting was.
TheGorlax
thank you @Death solved my problem :3
SapoBastardo

Death wrote:

Thanks man, worked instantly
gmikhail
You can also try disabling compatibility mode in osu! settings. It helped me.
TunaFrost
I'm disabling but it dosent work
- Marco -
Please write a new topic for your issue.