forum

HOW TO STREAM?!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Neruell
Also an easier definition for "spam" who doesn't know what it is, is also called buttonsmash. It is more used in "common language".
kriers
but Ragelewa does this, and he gets SS D:
Wishy

Salvage wrote:

yep, i can't do that :(
Guess what, the only way to do it is playing maps like that a shitload of times! Told you a trillion times you gotta get over that attitude@won't play a map where I get misses.

By the way remember streaming with 2 keys 140- BPM or less is USELESS. If you get good you gonna be able to single-tap 140 BPM streams easiily (ok maybe you gonna have trouble at idk Weep Irish). And it depends on your finger's strength... if you have insanely fast fingers it gonna be DAMN HARD to stream at low BPMs, if your fingers are weak then it's gonna be easier since you can't really go way faster than what you should.

With this I mean some people don't even have to try to stream at 200 BPM, so streaming at 170 BPM is like not even playing.
thelewa

kriers wrote:

but Ragelewa does this, and he gets SS D:
I wouldn't know, I got 4x100 out of that shinsekai map :/

compare to elfice who got an SS
Salvage

Wishy22 wrote:

if you have insanely fast fingers it gonna be DAMN HARD to stream at low BPMs, if your fingers are weak then it's gonna be easier since you can't really go way faster than what you should.

With this I mean some people don't even have to try to stream at 200 BPM, so streaming at 170 BPM is like not even playing.

i don't agree with this, streaming fast doesn't mean that you atuomatically start sucking at low streams, i started to be able to do some songs 200bpm with good acc (and some misses btw thats my problem) and i never lost my acc on low bpm, people who does is used to smash buttons non stop and keeps doing it even when you have to follow the rythim
kriers
I agree with Salvage. Besides, not being able to stream low bpm is not about having too fast fingers; it's about rythmical skill and dexterity
Topic Starter
Colored
btw, about those shinsekai.. as for me those streams is not spam, cuz i try to control my fingers. spam is rog-unlimitation or matzcore or something like that, yes its really spam, i don listen music and dont thing about fingers, just zxzxzxxzx ;D
(my english bad, hope u're understand ;D)
lolcubes

kriers wrote:

it's about rythmical skill and dexterity
Pretty much this. High bpm isn't hard if it's near your limit, however you can't keep it up for long, but you can still be very accurate. Lower bpm actually requires careful timing instead of "ok im gonna click as fast as i can".
This is why I have serious trouble in 190-220 range, and I just can't consistently stream it if it's longer than lets say 11 notes. Sometimes I can but I can say that I have to get lucky and be really warmed up.

If you think that low bpm streaming is useless, then that's your way of thinking, I think that streaming low bpm actually gives you a better rhythmic idea on how to stream, eventually expanding on higher bpm where you will stay accurate on longer streams. I can singletap up to 130, but I choose not to, atleast because it's way more fun to stream it imo.
Neruell
I guess low bpm became outdated by now. "No one" plays low bpm, all do it with dt by now. Since there are tons of pros getting out of nowhere like mushrooms after he rain, in several months there will be no low bpm map which has a single non dt rank in the list. So spamming will become more "important" rather than "skill" or accuracy. It applies though to people who do play in order to get a rank somewhere which is actually almost the only popular activity in osu! anyway.

Also high bpm streaming doesn't require real "skill" in most cases because it is mostly a real human limit (200 bpm and higher) and it ends up being pure spamming. Or does someone really believe that 300 bpm controlled streaming is possible? Or is there really any SONG (not a noise compilation) that is so fast.

Since this game is much more about spamming and not rhythm, there is nothing else to expect. Good old days where cyclone did crazy accuracy on most songs.
lolcubes
I don't play this game for some ranks. I play it for fun. If people find spamming buttons for top40 fun, their thing, I'll just keep doing my own thing. :p
Topic Starter
Colored
i think very fun is play low streams with dt with 97-100 accuracy and with no mode with the same acc.. i mean if player can fc maps with dt with shitty acc (92-95) and cant play nomode its not really fun. D:
so yea acc is more important, its rhytm game :o
silmarilen
i can play any speed up to ~180 if the streams arent too long) with 99%+ acc.
Topic Starter
Colored

silmarilen wrote:

if your speed limit is ~180 and you can play any 120-180 streams with 99%acc you're pro, gz!:o
kriers
Nothing feels quite as satisfying as SSing 140 bpm deathstreams. DT doesn't give me a rush anymore...
Salvage
^ agree with kriers right there, i think ranking is fun overall .. but i don't mind not being on a top 40# anyways, i almost allways play no-mods or hidden unless it's a map i like ..

i can do shinsekai with 0 100's and like 10 or 8 misses so i can do high bpm anyways but i can keep it for like the middle of the song and then i start missing a lot :(

about the low bpm's yea i think it's more fun than just trying to make the hardest map possible, i do find rythim over spamming wayyyyyy more fun.
Wishy

kriers wrote:

I agree with Salvage. Besides, not being able to stream low bpm is not about having too fast fingers; it's about rythmical skill and dexterity
Not really, I'm easily able to ace 250+ BPM streams, even some 230 240 too, may do 200 BPM but then doing 180 BPM is like I don't even have to try, and it feels REALLY weird for me to do no effort at all to hit some stream. Of course it's about practice and stuff, but then if you got "slow" fingers you got to make an effort to hit them, so you kind of get the feeling I think, but then if it's like doing nothing trust me it feels REALLY WEIRD, at least that's what I feel when streaming at normal/low BPM, and of course retarded-slow streams are meant for 1key, like Vanessa can't play it with 2key at all but can get almost SS with a 1 key (Another diff). All I gonna say is that the best low BPM streamers I know ALL HAVE SLOW FINGERS and can't really do high BPM at all. Don't come saying RUCKER COOKIEZI WHITE WOLF SILVIA ETC because they are the best players since they rock at every aspect of this game, just go see players like ragelewa or KeigoClear that have almost perfect accuracy but can't do high BPM at all.

I'm saying this based on my own experience, I never really had trouble getting very high acc on fast streams (see Mad Machine, 2 plays) but still I can't do well stuff like reunion at all (unless I'm really tired and I have to somewhat try to get them).

And yeah the fact that low BPM = DT means nobody really tries playing low BPM. There are just a few maps that must be played w/o DT + low BPM, so /care, and most of them are possible to single tap, which means you gotta get some 140~160 highly streamy map + hard patterns so you can't use DT... and not many songs fit for that.
CXu
When you play some shitlong stream at 130bpm and you can choose wether you wanna singletap it or stream it without thinking about getting bad acc. Then you feel pro \o/
Wishy

Neruell wrote:

I guess low bpm became outdated by now. "No one" plays low bpm, all do it with dt by now. Since there are tons of pros getting out of nowhere like mushrooms after he rain, in several months there will be no low bpm map which has a single non dt rank in the list. So spamming will become more "important" rather than "skill" or accuracy. It applies though to people who do play in order to get a rank somewhere which is actually almost the only popular activity in osu! anyway.

Also high bpm streaming doesn't require real "skill" in most cases because it is mostly a real human limit (200 bpm and higher) and it ends up being pure spamming. Or does someone really believe that 300 bpm controlled streaming is possible? Or is there really any SONG (not a noise compilation) that is so fast.

Since this game is much more about spamming and not rhythm, there is nothing else to expect. Good old days where cyclone did crazy accuracy on most songs.
It's not about spamming, doing long streams at 250 BPM or higher is actually hard and it usually isn't about spamming. If you do so you get shitty accuracy and that just won't work. If you go by spamming you usually get bad accuracy and end up missing after the stream because you lost the rhythm of the song completely.

If you "master" low BPM then you can hit streams with like 999999 hits at that BPM since you don't get tired, but then having good endurance at extreme BPMs is REALLY challenging. It's like playing 130 BPM streams with 1key when you can single tap 300 BPM 1/2, you can do infinite streams and you won't get tired at all for several minutes.
Kert

Neruell wrote:

I guess low bpm became outdated by now. "No one" plays low bpm, all do it with dt by now.
It'll be fun to have a Flashlight movement
I am sometimes doing that - #36 http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28243

Kinda offtopic ^
But still. I really don't get why you should rape slow songs (with slow streams also) with dt. Higher score shouldn't be a reason, when the song becomes shit
CXu
Hi if I shift my index finger a bit up compared to my middle finger, I can technically 1/2 a 1/4 stream with all 300 without really streaming.
Wishy
Low BPM songs are usually boring to PLAY nomod even when you may love listening to them. Unless you do a map like Flower Dance by LKs you gonna get tons of DTs since it isn't a challenge at all.
CXu
And then you have the 32948485 people beneath the topwhatever DTs who plays the map with nomod regardless of difficulty just because DT sucks.
silmarilen

uljjang wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

if your speed limit is ~180 and you can play any 120-180 streams with 99%acc you're pro, gz!:o
dont see myself as a pro tbh, looking at how fast people can stream here.
im just good at reading the rythm i think.
Neruell

Wishy22 wrote:

It's not about spamming, doing long streams at 250 BPM or higher is actually hard and it usually isn't about spamming. If you do so you get shitty accuracy and that just won't work. If you go by spamming you usually get bad accuracy and end up missing after the stream because you lost the rhythm of the song completely.

If you "master" low BPM then you can hit streams with like 999999 hits at that BPM since you don't get tired, but then having good endurance at extreme BPMs is REALLY challenging. It's like playing 130 BPM streams with 1key when you can single tap 300 BPM 1/2, you can do infinite streams and you won't get tired at all for several minutes.
Well I was talking about 99% of the osu! communty since they all do spam over 200 bpm. There are maybe approx 10 people who can do that bpm fc with a good acc on mad machine. With a good acc I mean >98% since it is a big combo count. I really doubt that in the future everyone will single tap that one. Everyone else who managed a good combo there did spam. For people who do over 220 bpm fc with 1k combos, there are maybe max 10 ppl who can do it. So mostly everyone spams in the end. Even cookiezi playing the freedomdrive or w/e it's called. It is very good to see closer to the end. Sure there will be somebody who maybe can really stream that, and with stream I mean "there are 16 nots with 270 bpm speed, and I do press ONLY 16 times the buttons then jump to an other stream and contrinue to stream ONLY the next 24 hits like in the map, and not pressing xxxxx times the button and suddenly get a good acc" which is mostly the case.
Salvage

Wishy22 wrote:

All I gonna say is that the best low BPM streamers I know ALL HAVE SLOW FINGERS and can't really do high BPM at all. Don't come saying RUCKER COOKIEZI WHITE WOLF SILVIA ETC because they are the best players since they rock at every aspect of this game, just go see players like ragelewa or KeigoClear that have almost perfect accuracy but can't do high BPM at all.

I don't have slow fingers and i can do high bpm with practice, i'm just too lazy to practice and i LOVE low bpm streams, don't generalize.

Wishy22 wrote:

I'm saying this based on my own experience, I never really had trouble getting very high acc on fast streams (see Mad Machine, 2 plays) but still I can't do well stuff like reunion at all (unless I'm really tired and I have to somewhat try to get them).

Notice that and not generalize basing on your own experience regarding all the players, if players play DT over no mod in slow bpm stream maps it's cause it gives more points and that's why they appear on top 40# anyways (captain obvious orz) but there are people who prefeer rhythim over spamming (yeah i still think u have to spam on 250bpm and stuff).

Also about the being weird to play low bpm cause you don't need to do anything it's bullshit too cause people who play high bpm all the time (including you btw) does those streams like 300 300 300 100 100 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 100 50 50 100 etc, and them being easy it's kind of a hillarous way to explain it, it's all about what you're used to, i'm not saying you can't have rythim, i'm saying you're not used to it.
kriers
Since I don't really care about my left hand anymore, I figured I could might as well revise my entire streaming technique to see what would happen. For the first time in ages, I could ace 130-150 bpm streams and I'm really satisfied with that. I also noticed that my results on maps like mad machine dropped from 91% to 85% and lower and my overall performance on higher bpm dropped.
I suspect building my bpm from this point will make me play higher bpm with more accuracy than I did before, since I'm not spamming anymore. I know that the real pros out there did this; they perfected their techniques and put it to use at a really high bpm. Obviously this must be why they can drop to lower bpm so easily.

To any high bpm DT-spammer who would feel butthurt because they suck at rythm, which really is the most important thing in any rythm game, I would like to tell you I'm not impressed and don't regard you highly in terms of skill.
Salvage
I have almsot the same point of view than kriers to be honest about MOST of the high bpm players who don't know how to play low bpm.

But about playing high bpm from low bpm i don't think it's hard at all, i started playing normal then went to hard and sticked with hard and semi insanes for a looong time then slowly started playing hard insane and another's .. and i improoved my bpm without loosing the accuracy on slow ones, which i think can be done easily unless you're a mouse only player (which it's already known has a cap on streaming speed), and that's pretty much all i think.
thelewa

Salvage wrote:

i started playing normal then went to hard and sticked with hard and semi insanes for a looong time then slowly started playing hard insane and another's
That's exactly how you become good at low bpm streams. By starting out slowly.
Topic Starter
Colored

Wishy22 wrote:

just go see players like ragelewa or KeigoClear that have almost perfect accuracy but can't do high BPM at all.
keigoclear hmm
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/34348
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/125838

thelewa
He means stuff like +250bpm
Topic Starter
Colored
okay, WW can't do high bpm too.
Salvage

ragelewa wrote:

Salvage wrote:

i started playing normal then went to hard and sticked with hard and semi insanes for a looong time then slowly started playing hard insane and another's
That's exactly how you become good at low bpm streams. By starting out slowly.

It doesn't mean you can't get good at slow bpms when you already didn't do that and it's not like you should for sure be good on one or the other, and it doesn't nessesary involves top players

i want to clarify this cause it's not like they're completely opposite playstyles, you can have both and that is not the ONLY way to acchieve it imo, practice can make you good at everything on this game
lolcubes

Wishy22 wrote:

Low BPM songs are usually boring to PLAY nomod even when you may love listening to them.
>opinions.
Unless the map is "bad" which is also an opinion.
CXu
thelewa

CXu wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13019 \: D/
I feel so good about myself right now
gat1toneku
i am envious with ppl like wishy who can do 250+ bpm streams
thelewa

gat1toneku wrote:

Me too, I would give away my accuracy to be able to stream superfast

seriously who cares about accuracy, it's not going to get me top scores, pure button spam is the way to go
IppE

ragelewa wrote:

pure button spam is the way to go
hi
kriers

ragelewa wrote:

gat1toneku wrote:

Me too, I would give away my accuracy to be able to stream superfast

seriously who cares about accuracy, it's not going to get me top scores, pure button spam is the way to go
One type of player will always envy the other.
As a tablet player I was the kind who could stream high bpm but sucked at low bpm.
Now I'm the complete opposite, and I'm content with that.
thelewa

kriers wrote:

One type of player will always envy the other.
As a tablet player I was the kind who could stream high bpm but sucked at low bpm.
Now I'm the complete opposite, and I'm content with that.
I wouldn't envy accurate players, since my only goal is to fc chipscape anyway. Instantly after doing that I would probably quit playing and die content with myself knowing that I've achieved something that doesn't really matter.
show more