forum

[resolved] Cursor occasionally flicks to top left corner when using tablet.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SUGG
When I play with my tablet (Wacom Intous) the cursor sometimes flicks up to the top left corner. The cursor isn't getting stuck there, I can still use the tablet to play but the cursor will go up to the top left for a frame or 2 then flick back to where it's supposed to be. It's not very noticeable until you have a 'cursor middle' in the skin as then you can see lines from the cursor trail when it flicks back and forth. I am playing in fullscreen on native resolution. Usually I play with the tablet area on full and I change the sensitivity in osu! client but I have tried disabling raw input and setting the tablet area smaller and the cursor flicking happens then too.
I have the latest osu! patch and I have only started noticing this problem since I updated to the latest version.
Jik
Probably you know that but, to avoid problems like this you should use ALWAYS sens at 1x and ONLY change tablet area.
Have you tried to reinstall the tablet driver?
Death
Try disabling Windows ink. Try reinstalling your drivers if that doesn't work.

This issue usually occurs even outside of the game but it's extremely hard to catch if there isn't a long trail following your cursor. Even with a cursortrail in-game it's hard to see as you've said in your post. I believe this is caused by an issue with your pen, so if you do happen to catch this occurring on your desktop, or any of the previous things mentioned don't do anything, you may want to try contacting Wacom.
Topic Starter
SUGG

Death wrote:

Try disabling Windows ink. Try reinstalling your drivers if that doesn't work.

This issue usually occurs even outside of the game but it's extremely hard to catch if there isn't a long trail following your cursor. Even with a cursortrail in-game it's hard to see as you've said in your post. I believe this is caused by an issue with your pen, so if you do happen to catch this occurring on your desktop, or any of the previous things mentioned don't do anything, you may want to try contacting Wacom.

I had to disable windows ink in the registry and disable raw input in osu! and now the cursor works perfectly :)
Thanks!

Is there a way I can mark this as resolved?