forum

[osu!std] omct!3 (osu! map clearing tournament)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
this1neguy

Welcome to the third iteration of the osu! map clearing tournament! Rather than a standard match-based tournament, omct! is a solo tournament based on passing the maps in the mappool.

1. There are 4 total rounds in the tournament.
  2. Each round will last 2 weeks.
  3. Rounds start every other Monday at 0:00 UTC (Sunday night for American time zones).
  4. Players have the entire two weeks to pass as much of the mappool as possible.
  5. Mappools are released as soon as the round starts.
  6. Mappools contain 8 nomod maps and 6 hidden, hard rock, and double time maps.
  7. There is no freemod or tiebreaker pool.
  8. You do not play a match with the mappool against any other player. The tournament is entirely solo.

• Round 1

Every player who signed up properly will play in Round 1.
    The top 32 players of Round 1 will advance to the next round.

Round 2

The top 16 players of Round 2 will advance to the next round.

Round 3

The top 8 players of Round 3 will advance to the next round.

Round 4

The top 4 players of Round 4 will be placed as the first, second, third, or fourth place winners of the tournament.

1. Scores will be submitted through a website (currently WIP, will be done before registration ends.)
  2. Scores will be submitted by exporting the replay and uploading it to the website.
  3. In case the website ever breaks, there will be a google form to submit your replays to.

1. Scores are calculated with the following formula:

0.7 +(0.1^(map_maxcombo / play_maxcombo) + 0.2^(100 / acc)) /(1.01 ^ miss)

2. This gives a base score of 0.7 just for passing the map.
  3. The tournament is mostly based on the ability to pass as much of the mappool as possible, so most of the score comes from simply passing.
  4. An additional 0.3 points can be earned based on how well the player did on the map, for a maximum score of 1.0 for an SS score.

So, how does this work?

Pass the map in solo and submit it through the website. The players with the most points at the end of each round will move on. Earn points by passing maps!
Why are there so many maps in the pool?

You have 2 weeks to pass as much of it as possible. The point of the tournament is to pass as many maps as possible, so we tried our best to include many maps of various skillsets.
What the fr*ck! These maps are fr*cking hard!! Is it worth over-pushing my limits at the risk of hurting my hands?

No. Please play responsibly.
Do I have to play them all or do I pick which ones I want?

You don't have to play every single map, but you should try your best to pass as many as you can within the 2 week timeframe.
Can I send multiple plays on the same map?

Yes. We'll keep the best score you get on each map.
I already have a pass on this map. Can I submit the old play?

No. All plays need to be made in the designated stage.
Can I use Nightcore instead of Double Time?

Yes.
Should I focus more on passing every map or getting good scores on less maps?

Focus more on passing as many maps as possible. The goal of omct! is to pass as many maps as possible, which is why the scoring formula has a 0.7 constant just for passing a map.
Can I use Hidden on Hard Rock and Double Time pools?

Yes. However, no bonus points will be awarded for adding Hidden.
Can I use Hidden on the No Mod pool / Can I use No Mod on the Hidden pool?

No. The Hidden pool is strictly Hidden only, and the No Mod pool is strictly No Mod only.
Can I use Scorev2 to play these maps?

Yes. Your accuracy will be punished as Scorev2 calculates accuracy for sliders, but if you're okay with the handicap and want to play with Scorev2, go for it. I don't recommend it though.
Can I play the maps offline?

Yes. However, your local name must be set to the same as your osu! username, otherwise your score can not be properly added to the website.

Registration is now closed.

1. To register, you must pass NOMA - LOUDER MACHINE [Extra] (6.00*) (mapped by Skystar).
  2. You may use any difficulty increasing mods. No difficulty decreasing or special mods are allowed.
  3. After passing the map, export the replay by pressing F2 at the result screen.
  4. Then, send the replay file in the Discord server by dragging it into the #registration channel (it's at the very very top of the server).
  5. Your registration will be verified only after you receive the "Player" role.

1. Registration: May 15 - June 10
  2. Round 1: June 10 - July 1
  3. Round 2: July 1 - July 15
  4. Round 3: July 15 - July 29
  5. Round 4: July 29 - August 12

1st Place
CONFIRMED Profile Badge + 6 months of osu!supporter (or money equivalent)

2nd Place
4 months of osu!supporter (or money equivalent)

3rd Place
2 months of osu!supporter (or money equivalent)

4rd Place
2 months of osu!supporter (or money equivalent)

cavoeboy
cool
papika
cool
egedi
Cool
Freezyy
cool
Scabbard
Cool
-rush
cool
justSmirm
cool :P
Recent
cool
PainTensei
Cool
LumenLogic
Cool
SINGSINGSANG
Cool, how do I sign up?
Nyaruko-san
Omg I'm doing this I love playing hard maps :D
oralekin
diverse staff = good staff
Kynan
Looks really fun ! I can't really understand why you allow HD on the HARDROCK and DOUBLETIME pools but don't allow HD/HR on the NOMOD pool. Doesn't really makes sense to me...

Edit: fk I just saw the dates, unlucky that it's over such a long period of time, I can't participate :(
Vasion
Goodluck!