Themeless Mafia Game (TOWN WIN!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
foulcoon

Mashley wrote:

animask wrote:

RVS is obviously over and the discussion already started
Like I said, everything so far has just been the usual day one stuff. It's quite clear that Ekaru is a newbie (not saying they can't be mafia of course), and none of the following discussion is especially scummy and it mostly rational, if a little sensationalist. It makes no sense to lynch people who have been genuinely contributing, as the lynch on day one is always just luck based unless a scum seriously gives themselves away.

Mashley wrote:

So vote Newbie before an actual poster gets lynched

if you wanted my reasoning
Sync
oh my god I was sleeping when the day ended but lynching mafia D1 was badass as fuck

also, a newbie lynch is stupid. he's only posted 3 times and people who are rushing a newbie lynch are scummier than the grease that allocates under an unwashed mcdonald's deep fryer

*BAM*
Rantai
Wow, nice description there.

foulcoon actually has a pretty solid point. After pointing it out I can see how badly Mashley was deflecting into a lurker. Huh.
Sync
thanks~

also can't tell if foulcoon has, for the first time (in a game we were both in), voted for somebody with reason before he was asked

he was mafia in most of those games

probably town or just fucking with my head

</meta>
Mashley
It's not as if animask's lynch was a genuine consensus at the deadline; he had two votes on him for crying out loud. It simply came down to people not being active enough at the end of the day to actually discuss and form a consensus on who the most suitable lynch would be. I tried to start discussion, of course in the end animask flipped scum so it was a good lynch but it could have gone very badly.
Wojjan
Vote: Mashley

you jus mad cause I called scum D1
Ekaru

Mashley wrote:

he had two votes on him for crying out loud.
...You're conveniently ignoring the fact that when you voted for Newbie animask had 3 votes on him, not 2; in other words, animask had an extremely high chance of getting lynched at that point in time unless you managed to get votes off of animask. The 3 people who were voting on animask at that time clearly weren't going to go for Ekaru or NoHItter, so you had to bring up somebody else instead. Who else to go for than a lurker?

Combine this oh-so-convenient overlook with what foulcoon and Wojjan have already said and I'm definitely going with...

vote: Mashley
Ekaru
*Yes, I know you said 2 votes at the deadline, but what I mean is that you're ignoring what the votes were at the time you voted in favor of the more-favorable-for-you deadline votes.
Mashley

Ekaru wrote:

...You're conveniently ignoring the fact that when you voted for Newbie animask had 3 votes on him, not 2
Your point is? That still leaves a huge number who hadn't voted or discussed who we should lynch at at all. In a 15 person game 3 votes is nothing. There was little to no genuine suspicion about animask as far as I know, and those were just the typical votes that animask gets when he posts his usual gibberish so it was actually quite a shock when he actually flipped town. At that point, as always Day 1 there were no strong arguments for lynching anyone, so the best policy had to be lynching a lurker. I mean look at the final vote count, there were three other people with the same number of votes as animask, he only actually got lynched because of when the votes were cast.
Of course I'm not saying we shouldn't have lynched animask but you have to look back to Day One and think, was there ever sufficient reasoning to lynch animask? No, of course not. We got lucky.
Wojjan
Have you read Day one? I had superfluous reason to suspect both animask and nohitter.
Mashley
I-I skimmed it D:
Wojjan
well then read it for real, you were there for the most part so it only confuses me more why you wouldn't make a case on what had happened so far and lynch newbie instead
foulcoon
yeah Sync, I'm obviously mafia and fucking with you, which is why I left my vote on a mafia member instead of easily saving them by unvoting.

don't worry mashley, if you flip town we'll lynch DxS.

also Wojjan don't take credit for something I called a mile away okay. you didnt even vote for him!

p.s. Thanks whoever voted with me (ekaru i think).
DeathxShinigami
Nope.

Roleclaim: Motivator

I motivated Ekaru N1. Carry on now.
Wojjan

foulcoon wrote:

yeah Sync, I'm obviously mafia and fucking with you, which is why I left my vote on a mafia member instead of easily saving them by unvoting.

don't worry mashley, if you flip town we'll lynch DxS.

also Wojjan don't take credit for something I called a mile away okay. you didnt even vote for him!

p.s. Thanks whoever voted with me (ekaru i think).
huh, turns out you did call it

alright let foulcoon lead town
LadySuburu
I'm leaning mash too, but that's mostly a gut thing.
Wojjan

promise me mashley's head
DeathxShinigami
Unvote
Ekaru

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Nope.

For the record, I got no notification that I was motivated. You guys can take that as you will.
foulcoon

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Nope.

more like mafia motivator who last minute vote changed in an effort to not lynch their mafia buddy
Topic Starter
Salvage
JInxyjem replaces -Newbie-

Ivalset replaces pieguy1372
Jinxy
Yo

I won't be able to read nor post until.a few.hours, I still have.classes

those dots are.typos ignore them
Ivalset
Evening folks.

Going to reread the thread, etc.
Sync
hi
Jinxy
From what I can see right now, DxS is suspicious to me. He was also voting for Newbie over animask in Day 1, with a pretty weak reason too.

Then he was suggested as a lynch by foul and claimed right there and then, as a motivator who targeted Ekaru. Ekaru's reply:

Ekaru wrote:

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Nope.

For the record, I got no notification that I was motivated. You guys can take that as you will.
However, the only thing that doesn't go well with my suspicions is that DxS could have made much better claims than one that's easily refuted. Possibly roleblocked?

But then again, this is the man who claimed Innocent Child in Celebrity, so I dunno
Ekaru
Okay, I got the motivation notification overnight. Salvage just missed it the first time, apparently. XP
Jinxy
...k.
Topic Starter
Salvage
DAY EXTENDED BY 12 HOURS
Jinxy
Around 42 more hours
Ivalset

Rantai wrote:

Huh... pretty sure that's a NoHItter lynch if I'm looking at this right.
This line stands out to me pretty heavily. It seems like at the last minute of day 1, there was a fair amount of vote shuffling in a misguided attempt to avoid lynching animask via tied votes. DxS brought animask's votes to 3, then animask pushed NoHItter up to 2, then DxS unvotes and votes for Newbie instead, possibly hoping that animask going from 3 -> 2 would put him behind NoHItter in the lynch line.

For this reasoning I find all of Mashley, DxS and Rantai to be suspicious in different degrees.

Mashley for clearly attempting to save animask by persuading people to vote for a lurker instead.
DxS for his actions - pushing animask above 2 then back down to 2.
and Rantai for misreading the tied vote rules and bringing attention to the vote changes.

I'm quite comfortable with a Mashley lynch right now, so Vote: Mashley
foulcoon

Ivalset wrote:

Rantai wrote:

Huh... pretty sure that's a NoHItter lynch if I'm looking at this right.
This line stands out to me pretty heavily. It seems like at the last minute of day 1, there was a fair amount of vote shuffling in a misguided attempt to avoid lynching animask via tied votes. DxS brought animask's votes to 3, then animask pushed NoHItter up to 2, then DxS unvotes and votes for Newbie instead, possibly hoping that animask going from 3 -> 2 would put him behind NoHItter in the lynch line.

For this reasoning I find all of Mashley, DxS and Rantai to be suspicious in different degrees.

Mashley for clearly attempting to save animask by persuading people to vote for a lurker instead.
DxS for his actions - pushing animask above 2 then back down to 2.
and Rantai for misreading the tied vote rules and bringing attention to the vote changes.

I'm quite comfortable with a Mashley lynch right now, so Vote: Mashley
well to be fair, even though DxS looks scummy, if it weren't for his vote + unvote animask wouldnt have been lynched...
Ivalset
Pretty sure he still would have. Animask was at 2 votes and at the top of the lynch list before dxs voted and unvoted.
Rantai
Huh. No.

I went through it carefully. Hitter was the first to 2 votes, not animask. This is based off an earlier game (ages ago, can't remember which game) where the mechanics worked via:

SPOILER
A is at 2
B is 3

B to be lynched

A is at 2
B is unvoted to 2

A to be lynched

Take that as you will. In the end it was a mod decision where my words hold no sway.
Rantai
And yes, I do know that was your argument against me.
Ivalset
Those were mechanics introduced into two's first mafia game but were changed before the game started. Interestingly enough, you were involved in the discussion.

viewtopic.php?p=1027357#p1027357

Discussion on the tied vote rule is on the first two pages.

viewtopic.php?p=1330260#p1330260 is where animask is solidified at 2 votes and never falls below that. At that point in time, animask is second on the lynch list - viewtopic.php?p=1330461#p1330461

Later, sync brings ekaru up to 3 votes but then unvotes, then animask unvotes ekaru and seals his own fate by bringing himself to the top of the lynch list. Furthermore, Nohitter drops to 1 vote viewtopic.php?p=1333209#p1333209 when mashley votes for newbie instead. When animask switches to nohitter and puts him at 2 votes, animask is still first to be lynched because he reached 2 votes before nohitter did.

Also, there's an example of how tied votes works in this game in the first post!
Rantai
The first post doesn't cover 3 to 2~ (it's a 2v2 situation)

Though thanks for reminding me where that discussion took place. It seems I got the original mechanic stuck in my head.

Well then, that's cleared up for me.
bmin11
will post after dinner. I'm so behind of this game orz
bmin11
I understand that the voting was very odd last night. They could have really just focused someone so animask won't get lynched. However, one post animask has made gave me a pretty bad impression.

animask wrote:

Fos Mashley

*Reasons why he FoSes Mashley*

Vote: NoHItter
This is very odd and makes me pretty confident that animask is trying to distance Mashley. Like, he explains a lot about Mashley, but ends up voting for NoHItter without his own reasoning :<

Vote: Mashley
Topic Starter
Salvage
VOTE COUNT:

Mashley (5) - foulcoon, Ekaru, Wojjan, Ivalset, bmin11

Not voting (8) -LadySuburu, JInxjyjem, DeathxShinigami, Mashley, 0_o, Sync, Rantai, Lilac
Sync
vote Mashley

SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP

actually the relationship between animask and mashley is pretty hilarious
show more