show more
Garven
Just PM me when it's ready. This is taking too long >_>

[Easy]
00:54:272 (5) - Whistle on slider body

Edit:

Bubbled! (finally)
Xgor
Bumping this up to first page because this should get ranked like right now!
Topic Starter
MathiasXII
Oh my god Xgor... thank you so much! This is a lot of support from you you know. I'm kinda shy!
Yuukari-Banteki
[Baby]
00:54:272 (5) - the red follow points make this slider jerky at parts. Try moving the other follow points around until the curve looks more smooth: http://puu.sh/166f5
02:27:991 (2,3,4) - stacks are difficult for beginners as it doesn't tend to occur to them that the next note could be where they already clicked. Please unstack.
02:56:255 - insert a note here to eliminate the 1.5 beat space, which can also be confusing for beginners

[Regular]
02:56:255 - still feels like there should be a note here. It feels like you were intentionally trying to change things, but in actuality it's disrupting the flow of your map

[T Standard]
First impression is that I can play the hard side of taiko normal and I failed this my initial playthrough. Some of the issues:
00:40:883 (2,3,4,5,6) - streams of 5, mixed type
00:43:362 (3,4,5) vs 00:47:329 (3,4,5) - giving the same pattern different notes each time (variety is good, but consistency helps players pass in the face of other difficulties)
00:50:056 (6) - gaps in the music that end on red ticks even though there is an obvious beat on the white ticks
00:56:255 (1,2,3,4) - the 3,4 part of this pattern especially is difficult, its not overly difficult picking it up when I'm on top of things, but since your entire map is filled with this kind of thing, by the time I get here I'd have to take like 3 seconds to recalibrate and get my shit together before I could handle this pattern
01:51:544 (5,1) - having a finish of the same color at the end of the stream is a bit wonky '~'
02:31:957 (2,3,4,5,6) - just saying, this is a good example of a stream of 5 that isn't overly difficult: it follows an easy visual pattern
02:41:875 (8,9,10,11) - sets of 2 are also somewhat difficult but moreso if you mix types like this
Note: you don't have to change ALL of these. Having a few areas that are hard is a good thing...having the entire map being a hard area is not

[Brave]
01:35:429 (9) - this note is in a kind of odd location with respect to the flow of the map. You might want to move these notes out a bit like this: http://puu.sh/166UQ

[T Challenging]
00:41:627 (6,8) - finishes on the offbeats? I have no idea what part of the music this is supposed to go to
00:45:594 (6,8) - ^
you can just assume that for all remaining iterations of this pattern :P

[Almighty]
Initial impression: oh god there are whistles EVERYWHERE
No seriously, it sounds bad. Either reduce the number of soft whistles or reduce the total hitvolume so they aren't so obnoxious
Also somewhat overmapped; up to you if you want to do anything about the triplets taking over your map though I guess.
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

Alright! Before going through any of this modding, I have to express that I am very disappointed that such mod is posted AFTER it has been bubbled.

I would then like to give advice on modding from this point as for this to not happen with someone else :

When you see a map is bubbled, play close attentions to details that are problematic to ranking... as anything related to "note placements", "cleanyness of the map", "acceptable sliders" and "playability", as being bubbled, are all matters that are CONFIRMED being out of the way.

So unless the detail concerns rankability issues beyond a bubbled map, I'd invite you to post it more as a feedback than a modding itself... as the process of bubbling is very long for most of mappers and getting this kind of modding right after can be frustrating.

That said, don't be surprised if I reject most (if not all) of your modding here. I will transfer to Xgor what modding he needs to do.

[Baby]
00:54:272 (5) - the red follow points make this slider jerky at parts. Try moving the other follow points around until the curve looks more smooth: http://puu.sh/166f5 I think this is okay.
02:27:991 (2,3,4) - stacks are difficult for beginners as it doesn't tend to occur to them that the next note could be where they already clicked. Please unstack. The "stacking" is not covering any notes in gameplay, and hence, through playtests with easy players, was not a problem. Will stay like this.
02:56:255 - insert a note here to eliminate the 1.5 beat space, which can also be confusing for beginners I have left plenty of time spacing to hit this note... I do agree that it may be confusing at first, but not impossible or out of context at all. Will stay.

[Regular]
02:56:255 - still feels like there should be a note here. It feels like you were intentionally trying to change things, but in actuality it's disrupting the flow of your map Nope. I like it like this better to be honest.

[T Standard]
First impression is that I can play the hard side of taiko normal and I failed this my initial playthrough. Some of the issues:
00:40:883 (2,3,4,5,6) - streams of 5, mixed type
00:43:362 (3,4,5) vs 00:47:329 (3,4,5) - giving the same pattern different notes each time (variety is good, but consistency helps players pass in the face of other difficulties)
00:50:056 (6) - gaps in the music that end on red ticks even though there is an obvious beat on the white ticks
00:56:255 (1,2,3,4) - the 3,4 part of this pattern especially is difficult, its not overly difficult picking it up when I'm on top of things, but since your entire map is filled with this kind of thing, by the time I get here I'd have to take like 3 seconds to recalibrate and get my shit together before I could handle this pattern
01:51:544 (5,1) - having a finish of the same color at the end of the stream is a bit wonky '~'
02:31:957 (2,3,4,5,6) - just saying, this is a good example of a stream of 5 that isn't overly difficult: it follows an easy visual pattern
02:41:875 (8,9,10,11) - sets of 2 are also somewhat difficult but moreso if you mix types like this
Note: you don't have to change ALL of these. Having a few areas that are hard is a good thing...having the entire map being a hard area is not

[Brave]
01:35:429 (9) - this note is in a kind of odd location with respect to the flow of the map. You might want to move these notes out a bit like this: http://puu.sh/166UQ It is still okay as it is right now. Will not do anything.

[T Challenging]
00:41:627 (6,8) - finishes on the offbeats? I have no idea what part of the music this is supposed to go to
00:45:594 (6,8) - ^
you can just assume that for all remaining iterations of this pattern :P

[Almighty]
Initial impression: oh god there are whistles EVERYWHERE so?
No seriously, it sounds bad. Either reduce the number of soft whistles or reduce the total hitvolume so they aren't so obnoxious I don't think they are anywhere near obnoxious or annoying. You're either using a skin with custom soft hitsounds or having a sound card/speakers where the hitsounds sounds louder than usual... but I got through many many playtest to put the hitsounds in a pefect volume... so will not change. Sorry.
Also somewhat overmapped; up to you if you want to do anything about the triplets taking over your map though I guess.Whoever knows me knows that I am 100% against any form of overmapping... and this difficulty being under my supervision, any overmapped part were removed already. If the triplets are there, it's because it matches a part in the song. I'd invite you to listen to the song sounds carefully without hitnotes (outside Osu!) and with hit notes... Triplets are there in both case.

May you mod my beatmap sooner next time, I will be more open to modding about such astethic details. Thank you for your understanding.

As for now, will take this modding as a feedback and will take them in consideration in another beatmap :).
Garven
Well, if you find need for an update, feel free to call me back. I'm always happy to check back if there's something I missed or improvements are made (which is always a possibility).
Aleks719
Hum, hum.

I wanted to point out some minor stuff, but... Ranked!

awesome work.
Flask
congratz!!
Faust
UNDERNEATH MY SKIN LIVES AN EAGLE

Huge congratulations on the rank. Been so long since. Thanks for taking up the mods for me and making the necessary improvisions, on to the next rank !
Xgor
Yesssss, finally
Topic Starter
MathiasXII
Oh my god how did that happen !!!! Thank you so much!

Well I gueas this is officially the end of my mapping career for now.... Seeing how powerless I was towards this beatmap due to lack of time modding.
Emaal

maal wrote:

Underneath my skin there's a negro

Anyways, showing support, I'm glad you're mapping this.
well that was productive.

Anyways, congratulations man!
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

Emaal wrote:

maal wrote:

Underneath my skin there's a negro

Anyways, showing support, I'm glad you're mapping this.
well that was productive.

Anyways, congratulations man!
Yes ! Your much needed support was productive indeed lol.

Oh man under my skin there was so much excitement, I forgot my special thanks.

So first of all to all of those who showed support and excitment towards this beatmap... which kept me going. Thanks to all

Thanks to Xgor for his unconditionnal support toward ranking this. Without you Xgor, I think this beatmap would have it's name on it's tomb :(.

Thanks to Garven for his dedication to improve this map and have it bubbled eventually... and thanks to Aleks719 for making what I thought was not going to happen come true!

Thanks to Faust for the insane difficulty. Oh Faust modding your map, I was scared that you'd be mad at me because I bulldosed your difficulty in several moddings... and I do hope you're not mad. lol! Anyway thanks for your kind message :).
Garven
Ah, good to see this made it finally! Congratulations!
Mercurial
Congratz man.
Flanster
Hey its ranked congrats!
Xakyrie
Holy shit, this mapset is awesome...such a refreshing map after all the generic ranked stuff.
I loved the song so I had to try it...I have to say, I wasn't expecting it to be that good but it's very well made! Almighty Eagle fits the music perfectly. There is little to no overuse of whistles OR triples. It's extremely well made. Hats off to the entire set.

Congrats to all of you for such an amazing mapset! :oops:
Aurele
Oyay! Depuis le temps que t'attendais :D
TechnoMaster
8-) Good Mix!
qlum
Really don't like the Almighty Eagle difficulty, just doesn't seem to fit the music itself well to me personally.
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

Xakyrie wrote:

Holy shit, this mapset is awesome...such a refreshing map after all the generic ranked stuff.
I loved the song so I had to try it...I have to say, I wasn't expecting it to be that good but it's very well made! Almighty Eagle fits the music perfectly. There is little to no overuse of whistles OR triples. It's extremely well made. Hats off to the entire set.

Congrats to all of you for such an amazing mapset! :oops:
Oh my such a powering message. Thank you for your huge appreciation for this song. We did work on this months so that everything was fitting and fun at the same time while trying something "new" but hopefully refreshing in mapping styles.

I did spend a lot of time improving this map because it was mostly to dedicate it to Xgor who had initially the intention of doing this beatmap, butI kinda stole his idea in his hesitations but then he encouraged me to finish it... so I did!

qlum wrote:

Really don't like the Almighty Eagle difficulty, just doesn't seem to fit the music itself well.
Related to the comment of the other player, there's a difference between not actually fitting the song, and you not seeing or liking the way it fits. I'm sorry it does not meet your standards. I hope other beatmaps will!
qlum
yea I may have posted it a bit to much as if it where an objective fact it didn't fit, I just personally didn't find it very fitting.
Faust
I don't mind listening in on some advice cum suggestions on the difficulty. I never touched any of it after I made my final update so many months prior to ranking..haha.
-zer0-_old
dancing 8-)
Tur00
cute map :D
Xgor
;)

I'd probably not have done this if this song wasn't mapper
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

Xgor wrote:

;)

I'd probably not have done this if this song wasn't mapper
Awww.. LINK :D ! I wanna see the guts of this game! lol
Xgor

MathiasXII wrote:

Awww.. LINK :D ! I wanna see the guts of this game! lol
Nooot really finished yet, I'll link it as soon as I'm finished with the final touches.