forum

Kiddy stuff: How do you feel about that?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
http://tompreston.deviantart.com/art/So ... -191307270
http://syacartoonist.com/kiddy

Do you have some people (who is grown) in real life who thinks animation stuff is "just for kids" since it was adults that make them and you find it difficult to believe that? Animation stuff are part of arts. Not all animation stuffs are just for kids, there are some that is considered for adults like Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park, Drawn Together, and stuff on [Adult Swim] block. Plus, there are lots of anime aired on late night timeslots in Japan as I were reading the Japanese Wikipedia for timeslots.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimationAgeGhetto (Warning: View this site at your own risk!)

I have the same thing with my father who thinks animation stuff are just for kids too see. I told him adult originally made them , then he told me he forgot.

I am a artist who loves to draw and enjoy inspiration of anime and cartoon arts. I drew 50% of anime and 50% of western animation.

So, how do you feel about this? This is just a discussion.

Thank you.
mathexpert
yeah people tend to have misinterpretations about anime n' stuff. For example they always think the manga I'm reading is hentai just because there's a girl on the cover o.0

on a side note I instinctively read the comic right to left because I always read manga and rarely comics o3o
Pokebis

mathexpert9981 wrote:

yeah people tend to have misinterpretations about anime n' stuff. For example they always think the manga I'm reading is hentai just because there's a girl on the cover o.0
It probably is.

Also Tom Preston is a giant joke. Why the hell would he even bother making a comic like that?

There's no reason to justify anything you like, either you like something or you don't and people who judge you based on solely that aren't worth it. But a lot of you think people judge you based on that when they really judge you on the way they act so you shouldn't use it as a defense either.
In the end, just don't be an idiot and the good people like you regardless. If nobody likes you it's because you're an idiot. Tom Preston is an idiot.
Zelmarked
South park is the only show I could get my dad to sit through when I was younger. He didn't like it for the most part.

Eastern culture is seen as immoral to a degree and demonized. Some would refer to one who enjoys anime as a "faggot", around here.
Sync

Zelmarked wrote:

Eastern culture is seen as immoral to a degree and demonized. Some would refer to one who enjoys anime as a "faggot", around here.
don't you mean most places in the world?
Rii_old_1

mathexpert9981 wrote:

on a side note I instinctively read the comic right to left because I always read manga and rarely comics o3o
they pretty much already know it's not hentai and just anime, it's just trolling, and they use a girl on the cover to back up their statements lul
Shohei Ohtani
It's kind of hard to consider animu "adult stuff" when half of the characters are like "uguu sugoiii~ moe desu!~" and stuff.

And "Adults Made It!" isn't always a valid argument. Adults also made Baby Einsteins and Special Agent Oso and whatever kids watch these days :>.
silmarilen
there are plenty of anime that would traumatize any litle kid.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
You know they aired Hayate No Gotoku on Sunday mornings in Japan, right?
Xaffy
I think at least 3/4's of guys in my college classes watch naruto.
UnderminE
DAT AVATAR

Also I remember that I watched Hajime No Ippo's first season with most of my classmates.
Shellghost

kokoroanime wrote:

Wasn't that heavily censored to the point where some of the censoring was a flat out joke about how they had to censor everything.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
I highly doubt that all cartoons are just for kids. Because animation stuff are art form.

I do enjoyed good cartoons like MLP: FiM, Dan Vs., and Unsupervised. And I'm also a furry artist, I improved my drawing abilities.

Two FX animated shows: Unsupervised and Archer are not made for children at all, because FX has some TV-MA (USA rating) rated shows.

BTW...
Do you like my picture? This is some story I'm planning on. It's 50% anime and 50% western animation.
I wouldn't mind.
vizzy
I've had some friends (when I was younger) who thought that way, thought it was a waste of time etc. But the people I hang out with now are more open-minded and appreciate it.
Pokebis

kokoroanime wrote:

Do you like my picture? This is some story I'm planning on. It's 50% anime and 50% western animation.
I wouldn't mind.
Why does it say "Koroushi" in Hiragana and "Koroshi" in romaji under it?
-Athena-

Shellghost wrote:

kokoroanime wrote:

Wasn't that heavily censored to the point where some of the censoring was a flat out joke about how they had to censor everything.
<<<<< just don't censor anything about her in season 3 and i'll be fine :3
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Pokebis wrote:

kokoroanime wrote:

I wouldn't mind.
Why does it say "Koroushi" in Hiragana and "Koroshi" in romaji under it?
Because that's way I wanted, but I'm making my now logo soon.

BTW, I like for y'all to give me feedback about my art style and expressions.
Shohei Ohtani
Feedback wise, that's a pretty pathetic sword if that furry spandex dude really wants to fight evil.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

CDFA wrote:

Feedback wise, that's a pretty pathetic sword if that furry spandex dude really wants to fight evil.
Pathetic sword? That's just a light beam sword to gain power with... He DO fight evil...
Aoko
Kiddy stuff... yea. I'm a teen and I still love spongebob. People call me childish but, what if?? Doesn't mean that if we like cartoons, we are kiddos. ._. I really hate people like that, when they say those stuff. Why, when they were kids, they don't watch cartoons? How Ironic.
Shellghost
I'm posting here to tell you that you contradicted yourself.
xRayne
I dont mind watching some kids stuff. MLP is what i've watched recently. Oh, and Regular Show. hah. I think they're pretty funny. But im not one to actually sit and watch children kid shows consistently lol
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

xRayne wrote:

I dont mind watching some kids stuff. MLP is what i've watched recently. Oh, and Regular Show. hah. I think they're pretty funny. But im not one to actually sit and watch children kid shows consistently lol
I like Dan Vs.
Vish024

CDFA wrote:

It's kind of hard to consider animu "adult stuff" when half of the characters are like "uguu sugoiii~ moe desu!~" and stuff
Simple as that.
Esupanitix
I think that adults that consider all animation as kiddy stuff regardless of what it contains are more immature than the kids that made the animation.

CDFA wrote:

It's kind of hard to consider animu "adult stuff" when half of the characters are like "uguu sugoiii~ moe desu!~" and stuff.
Yes.
Pokebis
You're making larger sweeping claims than the people you're attacking.
mathexpert

CDFA wrote:

It's also hard to claim that animu is kid stuff because of fanservice. I hardly think that an "accidental" grope when tripping over a girl with a mandatory pantsu shot would be for kids. Moe is found primarily in seinen which is targeted towards a older (lol virgin) audience.
Dr Loliberg
Also, in my opinion just like some cartoons aren't for kids and some cartoons for kids are enjoyed by adults, the same can be said for something as diverse as Eastern art/anime etc.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
I got a question from ya!!!!

Does anyone think Dragon Crisis' a kid's show? If so, read this. It should be tended for teens.
The avatar I used on Facebook last year was Eriko Nanao and she's 19.

This is my blog from last year.
PaiYuri
I don't anybody who thinks like this. Most people I know, if they aren't anime fans themselves, are aware that not all anime (and animation in general) is not "kiddy stuff".

I kind of wonder what they would say, if I told them that I like a MLP cartoon, though...