forum

How to disable Kiai Lighting?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Yuno Gasai-
Title says all

Personal experience: I hate lighting basically I hate flashy stuff. Not only is it painful for my eyes but in such game as osu! it destroy all my skills. In pretty much any maps I have been doing since I change my combo colors I lose when star2 happen. I tried to put a transparent file for star2 didn't change anything. I actually want to use star2 but I really want to disable this effect. I already disabled pretty much all settings for visual such as video and storyboard. For best performance and concentration. But like I said latetly I cant stand kiai lighting at all. Is there a way to disable it?
dtnc21
Don't think you can completely turn it off. You could try turning off the hit lighting with the options menu as well as using a blank star2 element to minimize the kiai effect as much as possible.
Topic Starter
-Yuno Gasai-

dtnc21 wrote:

Don't think you can completely turn it off. You could try turning off the hit lighting with the options menu as well as using a blank star2 element to minimize the kiai effect as much as possible.
But why is there no way to completely turn it off it is so annoying I cant stand it it's a major problem.

Also already did both of that doesn't help.
MatthewRobo
kiai can't be off because peppy doesn't want it off so just deal with it lmao

also

RockRoller
It looks like there is a way. It looks like fast fading hitcircles can disable it for the most parts.
the HC and its overlay get lighted during kiai, but the numbers not. This is why FF HC can disable it for most parts. But slider bodies and sinner will still glow during kiai.
With this your HC will also be limited to one combo colour and there fade out animation will be different.
Topic Starter
-Yuno Gasai-

RockRoller wrote:

It looks like there is a way. It looks like fast fading hitcircles can disable it for the most parts.
the HC and its overlay get lighted during kiai, but the numbers not. This is why FF HC can disable it for most parts. But slider bodies and sinner will still glow during kiai.
With this your HC will also be limited to one combo colour and there fade out animation will be different.

I dont mind sliders Im literally getting blind because of HC doing firework flashes.

Also thanks for this I'll look into it.