No
79.66%
Total votes: 59
show more
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Valentiino wrote:

Espionage724 wrote:

If your on an unsupported OS, on a computer you don't own/have admin rights to, etc, this would be useful. For example, I sign into Evolve from my Android Tablet when I'm on the go
Well, I can already do this on my Android phone, so nothing new
You sign into Xfire on your phone? I can bet it's with some 3rd-party app that's not in any way supported by Xfire then :p

With Evolve, you can use most, if not all XMPP-compatible clients. No need for some no-name random Xfire app from Market :p (not that this is really a big deal either though)
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Here are some random screenshots also:

Game library

Friends list (names hidden)

Group chat (members hidden)

Feed (names hidden)

Party chat

In-game, these windows look exactly the same too (as in, it's the same experience in and out of game), so no need to learn how to mess with 2 different interfaces :)
thelewa
looks like steam
Topic Starter
Espionage724

ragelewa wrote:

looks like steam
they both have some similar aspects in some places :p
Mara

I just contacted FBI.
Topic Starter
Espionage724

LunaticMara wrote:

I just contacted FBI.
You don't know the group name so that could mean pretty much anything :p
Zelmarked
I want to say I saw this thread a month b4 this one.
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Zelmarked wrote:

I want to say I saw this thread a month b4 this one.
Hmm, I don't think I saw any other Evolve thread here (I think I checked before posting). I could be wrong though
Valentiino

Espionage724 wrote:

You sign into Xfire on your phone? I can bet it's with some 3rd-party app that's not in any way supported by Xfire then :p

With Evolve, you can use most, if not all XMPP-compatible clients. No need for some no-name random Xfire app from Market :p (not that this is really a big deal either though)

It works, so what's the point?
And I like to use apps dedicated to one thing, since I don't use any other chats than IRC & xfire, why would I want some overall-used-multiplatform-über-protocol-chat program that can fill my forms for me?

Espionage724 wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

I just contacted FBI.
Yet you removed it from the example screenshots?
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Valentiino wrote:

Espionage724 wrote:

It works, so what's the point?
And I like to use apps dedicated to one thing, since I don't use any other chats than IRC & xfire, why would I want some overall-used-multiplatform-über-protocol-chat program that can fill my forms for me?
If it works for you, that's cool I guess. I personally would rather have a more up to date program though. I can't say anything about XFMobile Lite (if that's what you use) since I haven't tried it though.

Valentiino wrote:

Espionage724 wrote:

Yet you removed it from the example screenshots?
I'd rather not have people fussing over little details like that when the purpose of that screenshot was to show how Groups looked, and I replaced it with an actual friends list instead since most people would probably rather see that, then a list of Groups
Topic Starter
Espionage724
For anyone interested: Evolve Teams Up With Twitch

Might be very nice for anyone interested in live streaming :)
Corin
I hope you get banned for necroing
/bad mood
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Corin wrote:

/bad mood
Heh, didn't realize this thread was that old honestly. Didn't really want to start a whole new thread about the same topic though
Tesu
i thought this thread is for pokemon.
Ekaru

Corin wrote:

/bad mood
He did the right thing here, though the OP needs to be updated with the relevant news.
Topic Starter
Espionage724
https://www.evolvehq.com/live

Livestreaming should be out once GDC begins, and everyone will get a free week of being able to stream (if your not Helix already). What is Helix? One of (the only one atm) Evolve's premium tiers.
IppE
Stop necroing, no one is interested.

And making streaming a thing you pay for is panties on head retarded when you have a dozen programs and sites that you can stream with for free, and even get money for doing it in some cases...
Topic Starter
Espionage724

IppE wrote:

Stop necroing, no one is interested.

And making streaming a thing you pay for is panties on head retarded when you have a dozen programs and sites that you can stream with for free, and even get money for doing it in some cases...
And your free to use those other programs if you want :) Nobody is making you pay, and the developers over at Evolve do need some kind of income that isn't advertisements in your face (I think it's a fair tradeoff).

I should also note that broadcasting isn't the "only" feature your getting (may want to check out the shop description a bit more). The Helix tier (along with Standard and Double Helix) will get more specific features later on down the road. You can also consider the one-time payment a donation too if anything :p
theowest
Nice try Evolve.
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Evolve has a new payment system now (based on Kickstarter) and now has free Broadcasting for all! - https://www.evolvehq.com/blog/677