forum

what better advice can you give other than "play more"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kai99
i mean judging by how i improved i just fucking grind the hell outta this game and add up hours and shit happens and tada you get better
what more do you expect its a fucking game, pls enjoy and you'll eventually get better, man up and stop whining and/or asking how good your fucking rank is, you're 6 digits, go play more
KupcaH
How bood am I
-Makishima S-
People expect a fucking magic, some kind of recipe of how to click a damn circle in a fucking 2D game where there is nothing than muscle memory, practice and,..... nothing else.

+1 to kai

Noobs should shut the fuck up and play more.
Topic Starter
kai99

KupcaH wrote:

How bood am I
ur good. just play more, best advice.!!!
sometimes rest if you need
DeletedUser_6869432
I don't know why people think it's a meme to say play more when it is the best way to improve. Osu is also the only game I have seen with this problem, it's like new osu players think there a trick everyone uses to get good instantly.
Nattsun

kacper124 wrote:

I don't know why people think it's a meme to say play more when it is the best way to improve. Osu is also the only game I have seen with this problem, it's like new osu players think there a trick everyone uses to get good instantly.
I'd also add "play everything". Playing more of the same kind of map will make you better, but you may hit more skill walls simply due to the limited choice of farmable maps. That's just my opinion, though.

EDIT: I just realized it's kai99 posting. Dude has seen some shit in the forums, he sounds so sick of it lol
LostLunar
play maps that u suck at
no but seriously

the best advice is to play more
when u look back u'll be saying the same thing to other ppl

trust me
- e - v - b-
Spend a larger amount of time in a given time period spent clicking circles
dung eater
Find your inner chad nature and lift the perceived limits of your muscle.
-Makishima S-
Virgin - plays Avenged Stanford nomod because afraid of choke
Chad - plays Big Black HDHRDTFL mouse only while watching anime

Virgin - searching for magical advices how to improve
Chad - just play more while playing more
ManuelOsuPlayer
I still thinking play more isn't the way.
If you do something wrong, repeat it over and over will make it worst and worst.
Also there is hundred of ways to do same simple things. To click a circles you can:

Tap a circle:
-Watch the ar circle closing.
-Watch the circle center.
-Watch the circle border.
-Watch the numbers.
-Watch the cursor going to the circle.
-Watch the cursor reacjhing the circle.
-Watch follow points.
-Don't watch the circle and tap by rhythm.
-Don't watch the circle and tap using memory.
-Focus your eyes on points.
-Have a global vision of everything.
-Watch the circles when they spawn.
-Watch the circles to the rhythm.

Same to stacked and streams.
Each way to do the same things give different performance at different patterns.
For example:
-AR circles and hitsoudns make fast and high bpm deathstreams, and low ar way easier to read.
-Circles borders make easier to read low bpm streams.
-Center of circles and tap + aim coordination + hitsounds make spaced streams easier.
-Let your aim follow your tap make low CS and low AR way easier.
-Follow points reading make high AR easier.

Doing X things you can pass from 99% consistenly to 88% acc at same pattern. And doing other pattern, using the same way to do the things, you may get 90% on the first way, and 99% the other way.
A simple example it's playing with and without follow points. Some maps will be way easier without them, and others with them. Same using hidden or different skins.

You can do everything in exactly same way, that's mostly why there are really good player what can't play low ar or high ar. Because changing the way to do simple things change everything.

Playing more, doing the same over and over, i don't know if it's the best advice. Or without rest and take time to recover. Or without approach the right difficult. Or what ever. There is a lot of factors what make "play more" an useless advice.

The right answer should be what are you doing wrong, what do you want get better at, what's your problem, why do you feel you're not improving... Theres is hundreds better than a simple "play more" what don't say anything.
Also it's obvious the people asking for advice it's going to play more, since they want to improve, not quit the game. Say "play more" it's pointless and absurd, a wasted memme what never was fun.
Realmas

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

The right answer should be what are you doing wrong, what do you want get better at, what's your problem, why do you feel you're not improving... Theres is hundreds better than a simple "play more" what don't say anything.
Also it's obvious the people asking for advice it's going to play more, since they want to improve, not quit the game. Say "play more" it's pointless and absurd, a wasted memme what never was fun.
But the thing is that nobody here will tell a decent player who already know his stuff and asking a precise question "play more". No, people will then give advices to this player based on what he wants to improve specifically. "Play more" will be used when the issue the player is encountering can be solved by simply putting more time into the game, the thing that beginners haven't done yet, hence the play more.
This game is just about muscle memory and reading, so once you know how it works, just play more and you'll improve, like, what else do you expect ?

So yeah, when people say play more, just play more
worst fl player
play less
Flying Deer
PLAY MORE 1 star maps.
Don't worry about skins, you're not ready yet.
Don't change your settings, learn to play with backgrounds, map skins and obnoxious blinding storyboards because that's how you become a real man.
When you have 95% accuracy on all 1 star maps, PLAY MORE 7 stars to learn good habits.
Topic Starter
kai99

Nattsun wrote:

EDIT: I just realized it's kai99 posting. Dude has seen some shit in the forums, he sounds so sick of it lol
im so tired lol pls end me, pls end these new players PLZ
Flying Deer

kai99 wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

im so tired lol pls end me, pls end these new players PLZ
You could try making the very first sticky-worthy thread that actually helps beginners, or you could keep whining and practicing your drama queen act.

If you think the default skin is perfectly OK for beginners, don't bother, just stick to the drama queen stuff.
Topic Starter
kai99

Flying Deer wrote:

You could try making the very first sticky-worthy thread that actually helps beginners, or you could keep whining and practicing your drama queen act.

If you think the default skin is perfectly OK for beginners, don't bother, just stick to the drama queen stuff.
STICKIED THREAD 1: How to improve at osu!
STICKIED THREAD 2: Why you aren't improving at osu! "HOW DO I GET BETTER?!?!"

You could try making the very first sticky-worthy thread that actually helps beginners
You could try making the very first sticky-worthy thread that actually helps beginners
WOOOOH iam ROASTED HOOOOO ME NEEDS FUCKEN AMBULANCE
ManuelOsuPlayer
Those stickied threads have lots of work behind but are totally useless for the next reasson:
Recommend 7* jump maps to new players without any basic information how to approach them, or what to do.
When the players have skill and knowledge to understand the thread, they already know everything on it.
A simple: Put your cursor on top of the circle and click it's more usefull. xD
A good guide would be a step by step one, where you can join it what ever your skill at the moment.
For example put a list of maps ordered by diff where being able to Fc the first means you have skills to fc the next one. Being able to progress and find where you're at, so you know where you should work to keep progressing and fc more maps on the list.
Nattsun

kai99 wrote:

Flying Deer wrote:

STICKIED THREAD 1: How to improve at osu!
STICKIED THREAD 2: Why you aren't improving at osu! "HOW DO I GET BETTER?!?!"

WOOOOH iam ROASTED HOOOOO ME NEEDS FUCKEN AMBULANCE
I actually thought about doing such a thread. Then again, there is a new post about alternating everyday, "is my rank good for my playcount thread", "how do I get better" (created by 7 digit with 2 completed maps) and one guy who is using the GnR forum as his diary.

It's common to NOT use the search feature in forums, happens everywhere, but a question with such a blatant answer doesn't deserve so much attention.
Deva
How about "Play more of stuff that you are bad at"?

Like if all you do is play filthy jump only farm maps you will get better at them indeed, but what of the rest of the game? I mean the most fun I've had while playing this game was with complex maps trying to be as consistent as possible so I could hit everything instead of just hoping I will magically FC that 6* jump spike because I've done so before.
Realmas

Nattsun wrote:

I actually thought about doing such a thread. Then again, there is a new post about alternating everyday, "is my rank good for my playcount thread", "how do I get better" (created by 7 digit with 2 completed maps) and one guy who is using the GnR forum as his diary.

It's common to NOT use the search feature in forums, happens everywhere, but a question with such a blatant answer doesn't deserve so much attention.
If you guys want to make a new sticky guide, with the most common questions asked and a way to improve each specific skil, l I could help. That'd be nice to update the sticky thread that's already 6 years old
Nattsun

Realmas wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

If you guys want to make a new sticky guide, with the most common questions asked and a way to improve each specific skil, l I could help. That'd be nice to update the sticky thread that's already 6 years old
I'm seriously thinking about creating a "How to alternate" guide. I've had an easy time learning it, I guess we could actually do something like that and I may tell my "secrets" lmao
ManuelOsuPlayer
If you do that, talk to me and i will make a guide how to learn to stream from around rank 250k and how to play low AR and practice it to players who can't.
DeletedUser_6869432

Nattsun wrote:

and one guy who is using the GnR forum as his diary.

I think hes just shitposting at this point, no way that guy can be genuine.
E m i
the better advice is
if you play 4 types of maps for 2 hours each (8 hours total)
vs
if you play 1 type of maps for 8 hours (8 hours total)
the first one will give you more improvement because you're practicing more skills more evenly >.>
Flanster

Grind in peace, come here less often.
Fxjlk
Play more? no way dude, im going to get better at this game by thinking about it
show more