forum

When have I to click?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CreyTV
I dont get it when I have to click on the circles, I know that I must click on the circles when the outer circle is closing and is right on the smaller circle but when the map is faster I must go after the rythm but I dont even feel the rythm, what is rythm? I just click random on the circles and hope I will hit but I got fails all the time I just want to get better in this game but I think I cant if cant feel the rythm when I have to click :( and the think is I could play without music and would get the same game result as I do with music now...
Realmas
First, try feeling the tempo on really easy maps, like 1*. Watch the approach-circle and tap it when it's really close to the circle. On easy maps, you will just tap to the tempo of the music, so it's normal to not feel any real rhythm. You're also probably trying to play maps that you can't read yet, resulting in you clicking randomly on the circles that appear on the screen. Work your way up to harder maps while trying to get at least 95% acc, and it will come naturally. Just try to feel the rhythm and focus on that, and it should be fine.

And play with hitsounds enabled too
Flying Deer
Rhythm is defined by the mapper and I think they usually try to make it the general flow of the music. It's often the percussions, but it can be the melody, the voice, a random instrument... It usually changes from one to another during the map. So, you can't just follow "the rhythm" alone, you need to read too, to get a general feel of the rhythm and such, and then, to find the precise timing, you have to refer to what feels right with the music.

On the other hand, doing what I described is easier when your reading ability is stronger, so maybe at first you should just grind those painful 3* maps with sheer reading.

And I do just fine without hit sounds, that's a matter of preference. For me it's distracting.
Corim
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play easier maps. Ignore rhythm at the moment. The maps at your level have almost no rhtyhm. Just click exactly when the closing circle match with the circles border. Also you can use the mod "autoplay" to see a perfect play and listen how the map sould sound.
Wishes
Listen more closely to the music as you play. Try to hear if the hit sounds are lining up with the percussion in the song. Developing rhythm sense can take quite a long time, if you have no musical background or played any instruments etc. It will come with time if you decide to keep playing. Good luck!
Frikandel
click when you feel you are ready to click. Don't push yourself.