forum

need some 3-4* maps focused on reading(nomod)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vontae
Can someone suggest some maps around 3-4* that really focuses on reading. I've severely messed myself up by playing HR so early. I feel like I can't play nomod because I either move too fast or I simply just cant read it.
Realmas
There isn't really 3/4* maps focused on reading without being really weird (there is still things like this that are fun if you want tho), so just play some 4* AR8 maps and 3* AR7/6. You can find these here http://osusearch.com/
Download every KIRBY MIX map and play the easier ones. You can find them ordered by tiers on Starrodkirby86's userpage.
You can also edit maps that you enjoy playing that are AR 9 or more to AR8 or AR7 depending on how well you can read them. You have to struggle reading them, so don't edit them to an AR you're comfortable at.
And try playing some EZ on basically any 3* maps, it can help.
Topic Starter
Vontae

Realmas wrote:

There isn't really 3/4* maps focused on reading without being really weird (there is still things like this that are fun if you want tho), so just play some 4* AR8 maps and 3* AR7/6. You can find these here http://osusearch.com/
Download every KIRBY MIX map and play the easier ones. You can find them ordered by tiers on Starrodkirby86's userpage.
You can also edit maps that you enjoy playing that are AR 9 or more to AR8 or AR7 depending on how well you can read them. You have to struggle reading them, so don't edit them to an AR you're comfortable at.
And try playing some EZ on basically any 3* maps, it can help.
Thank you mate :D
Nattsun
Don't do HR kids. It's bad for your health.
ManuelOsuPlayer
When i destroyed my reading playing HR time ago, i played 1* maps into 2* into 3*, into 4*.
loveleft
this one's 3* https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1513180

it's really fun too!
Topic Starter
Vontae

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

When i destroyed my reading playing HR time ago, i played 1* maps into 2* into 3*, into 4*.
Interesting, may I ask how long did it take you to transition into 4* maps. Currently I can play 2star maps fine 3 stars is where its getting a little tricky but I'm sticking through it for now. Also, I'm still playing w/ HR from time to time should I stop completely ?
ManuelOsuPlayer
1 or 2 weeks to get into 4*
Play HR when you can SS long 5'5* maps
Akanagi
There's no map focused on reading. Each map requires its very own kind of reading.
You can play all these "hard to read" old maps all day and it won't help you play technical or modern maps because they require their own reading. Same goes vice versa, too.

And no, being a pr0 TeChNiCaL player doesn't translate into being able to read everything else either. If you want to be able to read everything, you have to play everything, there is no working around that.

EZ only helps at reading EZ and maybe improves reading on nomod 1*-2* maps, but that's about it.

People fall into the trap of thinking of reading as that one singular skill, and logically just playing the maps and mods that are awarded as "hard to read" will surely improve your "overall reading" (doesnt exist), right?
Playing Kirbymixes all day will only improve your reading on Kirbymix diffs and maps that are similarly mapped (it's not a lot.) Playing Camellia technical ultra MASTER diff will only improve your reading on such maps and so and so on.

TL;DR
Play everything and don't discriminate any maps and you'll improve reading.