Tae
what
dkun
bro it's a game where you click circles
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

dkun wrote:

bro it's a game where you click circles
It's also only game which left for me due gaming industry being garbage, single player games being made for 3-4 hours of fun.
Sorry, I like this game too much and that is why this whole shit enrages me.
Don't say - then help in improving it - I am not a math head, despite being a programmer. But I do analytics a lot due my love to every type of game mechanics.

Xexxar is just too dumb to realize this change will create a pure holocaust between HD players in mid/low tier players which frankly.... are the most active of all skill groups.
abraker
Maybe you need to start a programming project or something
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

abraker wrote:

Already did one, made me even more mad. If peppy doesn't perma block my API, it will be miracle.
Tae

[Taiga] wrote:

Xexxar is just too dumb to realize this change will create a pure holocaust between HD players in mid/low tier players which frankly.... are the most active of all skill groups.
why will it
Zain Sugieres
I lose like 400pp and 30 ranks bc of it just stop being mad lmao its not the end of the world nigga HD has always been the farm mod brother
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

Tae wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

why will it
As far as players as 1-2-3-4-digit are efficient in streaming, often higher ranks have stamina for long stream maps, they will most likely allocate missing pp after recalculation with this maps due new HD algorithm having 18% bonus to stream maps.

There is no way under heaven and hell that 5-digits below 30-40k will do that since they have no maps. They are on lost position from the start.

Pretty much - let's kill some players, drop their ranks what they deserve just because they decided to play HD. Everyone not efficient in streaming will drop down and will not have any way to compensate for this lose (unless dropping down HD completely and farming non-HD scores).
abraker

[Taiga] wrote:

abraker wrote:

Already did one, made me even more mad. If peppy doesn't perma block my API, it will be miracle.
You want to work on something non osu! related?
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

abraker wrote:

You want to work on something non osu! related?
I need to rebuild a database for a client, update his Invoice software with RavenDB framework instead of MySQL because of performance... I have work, just leaving it for now. Not in a mood. I will probably tomorrow in work run Rider and start this shit.
Aurele
Just calm down.

Games are made to be changed, whether you like it or not...

If you need a little break, log off and do something else.
dkun
I get the passion, I was there for a few years myself - but getting angry over a video game where you click circles is going to get you nowhere. either find yourself in the position to make some good change, or move on with your life.
Zain Sugieres

[Taiga] wrote:

As far as players as 1-2-3-4-digit are efficient in streaming, often higher ranks have stamina for long stream maps, they will most likely allocate missing pp after recalculation with this maps due new HD algorithm having 18% bonus to stream maps.

There is no way under heaven and hell that 5-digits below 30-40k will do that since they have no maps. They are on lost position from the start.

Pretty much - let's kill some players, drop their ranks what they deserve just because they decided to play HD. Everyone not efficient in streaming will drop down and will not have any way to compensate for this lose (unless dropping down HD completely and farming non-HD scores).
lmao dude u do realize that you still gain pp for literally nothing on HD and u will still gain more pp as an HD main on the same map as a nomod player. You're just mad bc you wont be able to surpass people better than you in rank because you wont be getting +10/20pp on all of ur scores for literally nothing.
abraker

Zain Sugieres wrote:

You're just mad bc you wont be able to surpass people better than you in rank because you wont be getting +10/20pp on all of ur scores for literally nothing.
I accepted my fate 2 years ago. My next milestone will be finally hitting 10k ranks in mania!
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

Gabe wrote:

Just calm down.

Games are made to be changed, whether you like it or not...

If you need a little break, log off and do something else.
(Calm down):

Concept of utility of loss vs gain, which states:

“A person feels more of an emotional loss over a particular numerical loss than an emotional gain by the same amount of numerical gain.”

Complex games mechanics need adjustable data levers designed to coordinate with live analytic gauges and dials. Then, you gradually tune diificulty, algorithms, and progress to mods, leaving most sensitive at the end since with good changes, it will most likely will stay untouched.

Actual HD change looks so fucking disgusting, made completely without analysis of global ranking, without simulations how it will affect each group of players in certain skill levels (players unable to compensate for lose and players able to compensate). This change is either so much confidential that nothing got showed up or just made by fucking amateurs who never worked with balancing.

Zain Sugieres wrote:

lmao dude u do realize that you still gain pp for literally nothing on HD and u will still gain more pp as an HD main on the same map as a nomod player. You're just mad bc you wont be able to surpass people better than you in rank because you wont be getting +10/20pp on all of ur scores for literally nothing.
Not really, I am extremely mad and salty of how this change looks. My top scores? -182 not weighted / +12 not weighted, nothing tragic, I saw people way more weighted lose than this. In my top ranks only like 7 maps gives more than -5pp, 2 x -10, rest are -1/3.

If you stop looking only at me, you will notice, I am speaking constantly about global effect of this action and punishing players for choosing HD.

Make a change - yes
Recalculate scores and punish players for playing with HD - big fucking no
abraker

[Taiga] wrote:

Actual HD change looks so fucking disgusting, made completely without analysis of global ranking, without simulations how it will affect each group of players in certain skill levels (players unable to compensate for lose and players able to compensate). This change is either so much confidential that nothing got showed up or just made by fucking amateurs who never worked with balancing.
I actually get where Taiga is coming from. Making an arbitrary change rather something based on much research and analysis will get anyone who designs systems pulling their hair out. That said, this change is not permanent and I see it more like a gesture to keep people complaining about pp complain about it less. They have less to complain about when they are in the control of the changes and then they quiet down because things have not worked out and are still shit.
Zain Sugieres
zain sugieres fucking dies after reading this thread
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

Zain Sugieres wrote:

zain sugieres fucking dies after reading this thread
Then shut up already, dead people have no voice.
Zain Sugieres
lets complain about jumps being nerfed in a nerf designed to nerf HD being used as a free pp boost on jump maps LOL
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

Zain Sugieres wrote:

lets complain about jumps being nerfed in a nerf designed to nerf HD being used as a free pp boost on jump maps LOL
People who claim HD is free pp or say "just a vision mod" should go back to middle school and repeat whole biology, especially of how many variables can affect your eyesight and short time memory. Even air humidity will affect your eyes...

Simply ignorant idiots.
dkun
yeah and calling people names will make other people want to listen to you more.

/s
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

dkun wrote:

yeah and calling people names will make other people want to listen to you more.

/s
Sooo, should I call someone a nicely "uneducated person"? Well, fuck, no, sorry. Some things doesn't deserve being nice.

And Zain vs me call out is already a years old tradition since we met, just polish type of speaking to each other.

I still want my silence.
Zain Sugieres
Dude you're literally talking to a guy who plays HD 90% of the time and I know from experience that HD actually makes jumps easier on most maps and you should be happy it still gives any pp bonus at all stop trying to prove HD is not a jump farm mod because it is
dkun
or you could just be a decent person and not let your anger/emotions get in the way of your objectivity. no one wants to listen to an angry rant.

damn, am I really saying this? times sure change.
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Dude you're literally talking to a guy who plays HD 90% of the time and I know from experience that HD actually makes jumps easier on most maps and you should be happy it still gives any pp bonus at all stop trying to prove HD is not a jump farm mod because it is
Dwag, this is you, you doesn't mean everyone.
Topic of eyes and vision is not possible to be measured properly, it is way too subjective.

dkun wrote:

or you could just be a decent person and not let your anger/emotions get in the way of your objectivity. no one wants to listen to an angry rant.

damn, am I really saying this? times sure change.
I am decent irl and towards good friends.
Anger / emotions are natural to human beings.
So far I only hear "hd is easier for me so for everyone else too".
I really feel like paying money, showing my doc osu game, and ask him for judgment how much "ohh uhh visual mod" is a fucking subjective topic which is required to be measured individually.
Zain Sugieres
90% of people who play HD agree with me on that and the only people who say HD is not a jump farm mod and the remaining 10% are people who are mad because they will drop from their overranked af rank
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

Zain Sugieres wrote:

90% of people who play HD agree with me on that and the only people who say HD is not a jump farm mod and the remaining 10% are people who are mad because they will drop from their overranked af rank
90%? u r drunk

Maybe 90% of top1000 which have enough consistency to consider jumps on any mod as relatively easy.
Again, I am not afraid of my rank.
I am more afraid of incoming massive drama which will affect this game after score recalculation and complete secrecy of this change from people who do not use reddit.

It is way too big change to global ranking to keep it on position of "lets just do this, maybe nobody notice".

Anyway sleep, thanks for chat, calmed down.

Zain, u have invite for a vodka, you seems to like it a lot.
Zain Sugieres
yes. 90%

most people arent blinded by a number on their overranked osu account and can see that HD was a problem on farmy jumpy maps

look away from the number on your profile for a second and realize that HD doesn't add any difficulty to maps on "low/mid tier players" level because they're literally jumps with small bursts that aren't even spaced at all

the nerf isn't hidden (haha get it), it's widely known right now and also confirmed that it's going to be implemented soon so its not on a basis "ok lets just do it maybe noone will notice anything".

And the only drama that will be sparked out of this nerf will be overranked HD farmers who are mad because they lost some imaginary points
Railey2
They dont punish players for picking HD, playing with HD still gives more pp than playing without.

What they did was taking away part of the unjustifyably high bonus that HD yielded. Thats all. HD was overvalued and the nerf hopefully fixes that.
ColdTooth
i liked this game better when pp wasn't the general topic
keremaru
wait a minute, what about hd? o_o'
levesterz

keremal wrote:

wait a minute, what about hd? o_o'

Hd something cuase people something something about hd.
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
No silence, no problem, I will just ask support to scramble my password and e-mail. I guess support is more useful than mods.

most people arent blinded by a number on their overranked osu account and can see that HD was a problem on farmy jumpy maps
Maybe, it still depends from human to human, period. Only thing what makes "jumps" a cancer for me with HD is fucking 220 bpm+ 1-2 spam, worse of something gets stacked with zero leniency under random circle, sry, I may suck but this is still cancer to read and even if I cover my left eye to read nomod, it is easier without HD.

the nerf isn't hidden (haha get it), it's widely known right now and also confirmed that it's going to be implemented soon so its not on a basis "ok lets just do it maybe noone will notice anything".
Funny how my rage which pushed me to complain on several discords like a little bitch made me realize how little people know that HD gets nerfed. Guess.... - they avoid /r/osugame. Forum information? No. Any news for players outside of reddit - No. Which means it is "hidden". Well, whatever, I might make this post myself tho.

And the only drama that will be sparked out of this nerf will be overranked HD farmers who are mad because they lost some imaginary points
And this will be a big problem. As far as I am not afraid of my rank since I can just fc like tower of heaven / far east nightbird / foughten field / monosugoi Ikioide or other "stream driven map" above 5* (and even funnier, RLC far east nightbird is just acc farm at this point) and I have already compensated for the lose. I don't care about my own rank since ranking do not show your skill at all right now and if consistent nerfs and changes will make it actually show skill in term of your place in ranking = your skill, then nerf the fuck out of everything (aftersleep though). Farmers will not do this so easily, most of typical shitarks farmers what I know doesn't have stamina to FC such simple and easy to read map like tower of heaven, not to mention aim for burst type maps like Akatsuki no tsuki. There will be rage if this comes unexpected towards people and they one morning wake up having -[xxx]pp and -[xxxx] ranks. As I said:

“A person feels more of an emotional loss over a particular numerical loss than an emotional gain by the same amount of numerical gain.”

This is one of concepts of safe balancing. Players are always pissed over lose than gains. HD is way too sensitive right now for ranking to completely reverse it from aim mod to almost pure stream mod bonus. This will be for sure second biggest ranking reshuffle since idk.... ppv2 implementation? Well, gotta sit with popcorn and turn rage into juicy laugh when drama explode. I can just guess, my rage over how it is implemented is nothing, it will look like a normal discussion in comparison to whats commin from farmers after recalculation.

Whatever at this point, good that I know I can ask suppport to lock my account down with option to come back one day. They actually accepted my point of view why I want to disappear for the time being. Better lock myself down before the drama because knowing myself, my toxicity towards farmers, mappers like shitarks and changes made in wrong way, it will get me restricted.
johnmedina999
lmao this entire thread is a joke
yuhaii
i wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread

anywho it's just being salty about something and extremely angry, you just need to rant sometimes
Zain Sugieres
Its been posted about on a developer blog and you have noone to blame other than yourself for not checking the site you should be checking for most recent changes. If there is a planned tax increase and you don't read official stuff about it and then say that youre surprised wtf happened then thats your fault.

Don't implement a fix for something broken because it will hurt some people's feelings? I thought that's what SJWs advocate for and I also thought you were against that. iirc you were one of the most anti-sj people in OT
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Its been posted about on a developer blog and you have noone to blame other than yourself for not checking the site you should be checking for most recent changes. If there is a planned tax increase and you don't read official stuff about it and then say that youre surprised wtf happened then thats your fault.

Don't implement a fix for something broken because it will hurt some people's feelings? I thought that's what SJWs advocate for and I also thought you were against that. iirc you were one of the most anti-sj people in OT
U mean this blog? https://blog.ppy.sh/

I follow it and either both, me and chrome are blind and cannot find information about incoming HD change or it is not released yet. Last post is from 02 may, HD change was accepted and pushed to official repo 2 days ago (08 may). So apparently there is yet another dev blog about which I don't know, mind elaborating?

And fuck, I will repeat myself again:

Implement this HD change - yes, it is ok but for fuck sake, do not recalculate scores or at least do a detailed analysis on dummy server and look how it will affect ranking. Everyone knows that HD is most common used mod, not only single one but multimod too. It makes it most sensitive variable in ranking. You simply don't go yolo on changes like that and just recalculate scores. What if this change will bring more evil than good or open another hole for abusement? Yet again, change it and recalculate? This doesn't really make sense considering amount of computing power needed for it.
B1rd
The change is absolute dogshit, who thought it would be a good idea to let one person change the a game mechanic that tens of thousands of players use and have an opinion on? Makes zero sense. I could balance the game better than this guy.

Anyway, OP, stop being an attention-seeking drama whore by asking for silences.

Railey2 wrote:

They dont punish players for picking HD, playing with HD still gives more pp than playing without.

What they did was taking away part of the unjustifyably high bonus that HD yielded. Thats all. HD was overvalued and the nerf hopefully fixes that.
Says someone with no HD top plays. HD was only overvalued for high AR, for low and mid tier nomod HD was quite balanced. But now it will benefit fast maps and have no little effect on slow, read/aim maps, shit like Senketsu No Chikai or Torikago, neither of which are easy with HD.
Zain Sugieres
github

if it gets abused, then there will be a yet another change to it however until mappers find a way to abuse the new HD pp multuipliers it will take a while and before they do come up with a new way there is a big possibility that more changes will be made to adjust the pp system or even a complete overhaul of ppv2.

Anything with an AR above 9 is a problem to read with HD, the fact someone doesn't have HD in their topscores doesn't mean they can't say it's a problem in the current pp system and maps below AR 9 are either undervalued anyway bc of the old AR/OD same stat system or because they're simply too easy according to the pp system and they're undervalued even without HD on.
B1rd
Generally HD is harder to read at lower ARs, not higher ARs. You have to remember the position for longer at higher ARs.

The problem is not the fact that HD is being balanced, the problem is HD being balanced in the most stupid way imaginable. Tell me, which player said that HD should be nerfed on slower, aim-heavy maps as opposed to fast ones?
show more