Silver_Flash
NoteKuroi
GuruK
HineX
skyguard39
ThOnz
blacksymbian
ziin
you should take the top 25-30 mentioned users, open another poll, and have people pick their own top 20 in order, giving number 1 20 points, and number 20 1 point.
eldnl

ziin wrote:

you should take the top 25-30 mentioned users, open another poll, and have people pick their own top 20 in order, giving number 1 20 points, and number 20 1 point.
That's not the correct way.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

ziin wrote:

That wouldn't be a sufficiant way to count the votes. All CTB players are good in their own way, that's why I'm using the voting system this way. It's quite difficult to ask people to list the top 20 CTB players (of their choice) from 1-20 considering the different viewpoints everyone can have. Fl, no mod hr, hd, hr+hd, dt, dt+hd, fl+dt, etc. So many different mods that people are good at, it's just a stupid thing to ask people to list from 1-20 and give off points based on that.
Disease_old_1

ziin wrote:

Yuki Hana-Chan wrote:

That wouldn't be a sufficiant way to count the votes. All CTB players are good in their own way, that's why I'm using the voting system this way. It's quite difficult to ask people to list the top 20 CTB players (of their choice) from 1-20 considering the different viewpoints everyone can have. Fl, no mod hr, hd, hr+hd, dt, dt+hd, fl+dt, etc. So many different mods that people are good at, it's just a stupid thing to ask people to list from 1-20 and give off points based on that.
its already obvious who's better than who, but as Yuki said, they are good in their own ways, one's good in HD HR, one's good in FL, one's in tag4 maps. overall if you ask the CTB community they will give you the same people all over again.
ziin

eldnl wrote:

It's how every sport gets rankings...
CLSW
I failed at that methods.
thOnz
- Hinex
- NoteKuroi
- Senyo
- Exgon
- CLSW
- DaxMasterix
- Velperk
- Nadger
- Dusk
- Kuzino
- Eldnl
- Deif
- AroundTheManhole
- Ibuki Suika
- Joynama
- Kenji
- Berncastell
- Silver Flash
- Jeya
- Sumaki

not in order <3
Laharl
Let's see.

Not in parcticular order as it is hard to do.

- CLSW
- ExGon
- NoteKuroi
- Spectator
- Senyo
- VelperK
- HineX
- CTB_User
- Nyan-Zapo
- kenji
- Deif
- DaxMasterix
- eldnl
- SS_Kanzaki
- Jeya
- hy1hy1hy
- ElectricShock
- AleZer0
- GuruK
- mikhe
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

ziin wrote:

eldnl wrote:

ziin wrote:

It's how every sport gets rankings...
Skill =/= Rank.
ziin
I assumed you wanted to rank them. Oh well. If the video is just going to be "20 really good CTB players" rather than "Top 20 CTB players" then it's fine.
Senyo

ziin wrote:

I assumed you wanted to rank them. Oh well. If the video is just going to be "20 really good CTB players" rather than "Top 20 CTB players" then it's fine.
I'm assuming you can't comprehend what a "Top 20" is. 20 really good CTB players really can by anyone that ANYONE considers good. A top 20 means literally who's better then who, not what rank they are. Rank doesn't tell everything, rather it just tells you how actively they play.

These people are voting for who they think should be in the top 20 based on skill and not the ranks they get.
(Though why I'm on there, I don't even know as I have 14 top ranks. See the point?)
VelperK

Senyo wrote:

ziin wrote:

I'm assuming you can't comprehend what a "Top 20" is. 20 really good CTB players really can by anyone that ANYONE considers good. A top 20 means literally who's better then who, not what rank they are. Rank doesn't tell everything, rather it just tells you how actively they play.

These people are voting for who they think should be in the top 20 based on skill and not the ranks they get.
(Though why I'm on there, I don't even know as I have 14 top ranks. See the point?)
weeell... the only word "TOP" refers to a list of who's better than who or what is better than what and so... but it is ok this way too, no complains with that. also, yeah, rank =/= skill.
NeoRainier
Oh god, it's really hard putting just 20 names, well:

-ExGon
-kenji
-mikhe
-Deif
-NoteKuroi
-CLSW
-Spectator
-HineX
-eldnl
-GuruK
-Sumaki
-Kitsunemimi
-CTB User
-AleZer0
-hy1hy1hy
-Senyo
-ElectricShock
-Flanet
-Nadger
-Berncastell

random ordered
Deif
I forgot what I voted in the CTB general thread orz... I'll give a new list (not in an specifical order):

kenji
ExGon
mikhe
VelperK
CLSW
Spectator
HineX
GuruK
Senyo
ElectricShock
CTB user
hy1hy1hy
Berncastell
Louis Cyphre
NoteKuroi
Jeya
AleZer0
k4mm3r
joynama
H i M e J i

A lot of Koreans will appear in that video for sure :p
ziin

Senyo wrote:

you assumed wrong, and you're assuming I'm talking about ranked score, which is also incorrect.

Ranking is an order for "who's better than whom" and a "top 20" would be a ranking of the 20 best. That's why every time you see a "top x" countdown or something, there is a list from x to 1, usually implying that #1 is better than #x.

As far as I can tell Yuki is just going to get 20 of the best CTB players and assume they are all of equal skill.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

ziin wrote:

As far as I can tell Yuki is just going to get 20 of the best CTB players and assume they are all of equal skill.
Ehh. o---o You think I think that everyone is equal of skill (of the top 20)? nonono.
Look. I'm using my voting system the way I think is best. I count the number of votes, whoever has the most is #1. Whatever.
Just because they're #1 doesn't mean that they're the BEST. Some pros are unknown because they don't have ranks. o-o
The whole reason why i'm doing a poll is because I want everyone's opinion. Not mine. o-o
ziin
but you're giving equal weight. It's just a popularity contest on who is more known, which would be avoided if you give #1 more weight than #2.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan
I guess. But hey, what can I do now. I'll keep that in mind for future polls though. Thanks. O:
ziin
You make a 2nd poll with the 30 players with the most popularity votes and make people choose and rank their top 20. that way those who have few votes would get more coverage, so long as the voters actually do their research.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan
You want me to start the poll all over again...? lolnothanks. No one wants to spend time researching who they think is the best. I'm sure a lot of people are lazy and don't feel like doing it. People were already irritated with the fact that they had to post top 20 people again (from other forum).
kriers
well hey, I like ziin's idea here. If you're set to make a good representable list that can be justified before potential flame wars, then using a 2nd poll is a must. (I'm not a CTB player so I don't belong here- kkthxbye! *poof*)
eldnl
I like ziin's idea too, and also you shouldn't make the poll again. You must make 2.
KRZY
How about leave the poll as it is and just name it Yuki's top 20 players of 2011-2012 video or sth. That way you can make it non-official, and no one will have a problem with it because it is not official.
VelperK

KRZY wrote:

How about leave the poll as it is and just name it Yuki's top 20 players of 2011-2012 video or sth. That way you can make it non-official, and no one will have a problem with it because it is not official.
this guy
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

eldnl wrote:

I like ziin's idea too, and also you shouldn't make the poll again. You must make 2.
You mean I should* make the poll again? o-o
And yes, I agree with Ziin, it's a good idea. But do you guys really want to RE-POST your thoughts?
I'm not thinking about myself right now. I don't care about making another poll. It's you guys, the voters, whatever. I'm sure the same people won't vote again since they wouldn't want to.
Ikillforpies

VelperK wrote:

KRZY wrote:

this guy
I think KRZY idea is pretty good if you ask me

Or just don't put the top 20. owo
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

KRZY wrote:

Err. That's the problem. I don't care about spreading my thoughts about CTB players (1-20). I really don't care about rankings of others. Either I make another poll and everyone has to vote.. AGAIN.. in order this time. Or I just end this forum now and have wasted everyone's time.
Senyo
Why not just ask a bunch of CTB players and rank them once you tally the top 20 voted. Say #-## and you all decide who is what place?
Poll - Discussion - Rank. Seems reasonable to me.
ziin
well by "poll" it's more of a thread. Once this deadline is up, edit the first post (or start a new thread) detailing the top 30 and giving people 1 week to rank their own top 20. #20 will be assigned 1 point, #1 will be assigned 20 points, etc...

At the end of the week, the totals will be posted with the number of points each person received. It's also helpful to put in parenthesis beside the total point number the total number of #1 votes that person received. And for the sake of completeness, you have to pick 20 out of the 30.

This first poll is not a bad idea, since it gives you a good idea of who is really good, regardless of their actual ranked score, and whether or not they are active currently. I'm willing to bet that there's a number of CTB players who weren't that well known but have more exposure due to this thread. So far we really do have the top 20 CTB players, they just aren't accurately ranked from #1-#20 (well #1-5 probably are accurately ranked based on your current criteria, but it'd be good to see if it changes in a 2nd poll). Then again, they probably never will be, but it's our best guess, right?

It's a bit more work, and you might not get people to vote again, but if the response is underwhelming, just make the video like you were going to make it before. You only lose a week, and it's not like there's a big deadline for you to get this done. Even then, you can work on the video now, just change the order once it sorts itself out.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan
Thanks Ziin. I like the way you're going wtih this poll. But for now, I think I'm going to make a feature video, based on the number of votes each person got. I don't want the people's time to go to waste. For my next poll, I'll do it that way. Thanks for the tip :P That took some arguing to get through. > < hehe.
Disease_old_1

KRZY wrote:

or how about make it top 20 most popular ctb players. if that's how you view it
ziin

Yuki Hana-Chan wrote:

That took some arguing to get through.
arguments make life more interesting.
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

ziin wrote:

Yuki Hana-Chan wrote:

That took some arguing to get through.
arguments make life more interesting.
Cause life is already boring enough.
T o u k o

Artificial Children wrote:

iMercurial wrote:

In Order:

Kenji
ExGon
VelperK
eldnl
CTB User
Note Kuroi
Dust
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/dust u mind dusk? xd
DontTalkwithMir
What about Audiocomments for the top 5? Also included in the video? :C
Senyo
For audio comments Im volunteering :)
Topic Starter
Yuki Hana-Chan

DontBrownieMir wrote:

What about Audiocomments for the top 5? Also included in the video? :C
David. My voice sounds like shit. =________=
Senyo can do like.. 2 of them... Gonna got some other people to do it too.

Good idea though. o-o
show more