forum

Staying Calm when Nearing FC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- euphoria -
How do you stay calm and keep your heart rate normal when you're about to FC a map? For me I can literally feel my heart pumping faster and faster and sometimes it screws me up and especially when I choke and all the hype dies. Is there a way to counter this and stay calm and finish the map?
My Angel Jeremy
a fucking deep breath
Nattsun
Get more confident and gain some experience and play with that feeling.
-Makishima S-

Nattsun wrote:

Pretty much this.

Or if you feel like cannot, sacrifice a bit of acc by mashing. If you have acc player attitude, you will instantly drop pressure due FC having acc below your expectations.
Nattsun

[Taiga] wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Pretty much this.

Or if you feel like cannot, sacrifice a bit of acc by mashing. If you have acc player attitude, you will instantly drop pressure due FC having acc below your expectations.
That's so true. Makes me wanna hit that retry button tho.
Hindscythe
What also works is disabling the interface so you dont know your score and accuracy.
Topic Starter
- euphoria -

Hindscythe wrote:

What also works is disabling the interface so you dont know your score and accuracy.

Yep that's what I do.
kai99
i still choke xd theres no way unless youre playing a rlllllly comfortable map
Fxjlk
fail more

You get nervous in situations you are not used to.

You can never get rid of FC anxiety but if you've choked a song a few times it becomes less of a deal
Topic Starter
- euphoria -

[Taiga] wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Pretty much this.

I play with interface off so I don't really know my accuracy anyways.
DXPOHIHIHI
I'm the opposite, my heartbeat gets slower as in my breathing gets slower
- e - v - b-
Play multi, get consistent, get used to fcing, that’s really it.
jungjushee
I hate this feeling. I get it all the time after I've played maps over and over trying to get the FC. I recommend just FCing easier maps and then working up to the map you're trying to FC. Then you should maybe have gotten the anxiety out. Its what works for me.
kai99
i learned from today if you get muscle memory you will less focus on having to tap and aim, it just happens, so because you're not thinking through in your head except for reading, you choke less
Realmas
Topic Starter
- euphoria -

chase55t wrote:

I hate this feeling. I get it all the time after I've played maps over and over trying to get the FC. I recommend just FCing easier maps and then working up to the map you're trying to FC. Then you should maybe have gotten the anxiety out. Its what works for me.

Hmm, that'd be cool. Thanks for the suggestion!