forum

osu!taiko World Cup 2018 - Foul Play

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nanika133
I've got a question. Do you use any software that scans the processes to find out if a user is cheating?
Realmas
:c
Incomp
Wow, what the fuck? Tournaments are more or less a celebration of skill. Cheating in them is just so unfathomably stupid.
grindersky
Never thought you can actually cheat in a gamemode like Taiko... That's so stupid.
Merry Christmas
wewlad
Dab
yikes

my condolences to the USA team, this has got to hurt really bad
black_arachnia

grindersky wrote:

Never thought you can actually cheat in a gamemode like Taiko... That's so stupid.

I've seen videos on Youtube of people trying to cheat in every game mode but I don't know why you'd even do it in Taiko anyway even if you're a scummy cheater who wants fake praise since you gain even less in Taiko cheating than you would in any other mode because so few people play it. In a tournament no less for a game mode barely anyone watches or plays... how sad do you have to be to do this?
BrokenArrow
💿
Athrun
This is extremely gut wrenching for the USA team as a whole.

But if he really is cheating, then there's no way to go about it. The next step is to wait for an official response from the player and what staff are planning next. This is too early into the battlefield.

EDIT: Ok, there is a response.
Kimitakari
I literally unexpected to see something like this. So sorry for US team.
Makan1

grindersky wrote:

literally like.....
tld_Homura
Can everyone just stop flooding here with irrelevant comments? Especially people who are not related to the taiko community. Just close this thread already and leave the guy alone.
Nidoking

Isla3329 wrote:

Can everyone just stop flooding here with irrelevant comments? Especially people who are not related to the taiko community. Just close this thread already and leave the guy alone.

So what if some of us don't play Taiko, you might not care but this is a big deal to some of us.
Especially those that care about integrity in a WORLD CUP, and since this happened to the US, it affects those from the country a bit more.

He's going to get shit from community because he screwed his team and there is no stopping that, so you can get your irrelevant ignorant ass out of here.
Li77L3
I can't stand people who cheat in video games. Especially in tournaments like this one with a money prize. Dargin deserves every punishment he receives and I feel so sorry for the US Team. Hopefully next year will be different.
MasterAnimit

Nidoking wrote:

Isla3329 wrote:

So what if some of us don't play Taiko, you might not care but this is a big deal to some of us.
Especially those that care about integrity in a WORLD CUP, and since this happened to the US, it affects those from the country a bit more.

He's going to get shit from community because he screwed his team and there is no stopping that, so you can get your irrelevant ignorant ass out of here.

Also now imagine that something simillar to this happens on Standard OWC or WC of your favorite game mode. What will you think?
This tools which will be used here surely will be also used in all tournaments marked by peppy and his company. So that's so important to do it here as correctly as it is possible, right?
tld_Homura

Nidoking wrote:

Isla3329 wrote:

I didn't say it's not a big deal for me, sure thing it's bigger for any US taiko player. I just want people to calm down and stop insulting him more, so don't tell me what to do, neither call me ignorant because i DO CARE about him.
tld_Homura

MasterAnimit wrote:

Also now imagine that something simillar to this happens on Standard OWC or WC of your favorite game mode. What will you think?
This tools which will be used here surely will be also used in all tournaments marked by peppy and his company. So that's so important to do it here as correctly as it is possible, right?
We already got response from Happy Stick and the staff, what else do we need?
kiran

Nanika133 wrote:

I've got a question. Do you use any software that scans the processes to find out if a user is cheating?

Of course they do.
Beat43210
DAMN
preperation
This is sad.