forum

[invalid] Allow guests to download beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
31Gabe
Even with this new osu! website redesign, it turns out that no one can download beatmaps from this site without an account. This is obnoxious. Can someone please update the site again so anyone can download beatmaps, even without an osu! account? I primarily came here to persuade you about this, and I know there are many new osu! players that want their favorite beatmaps as soon as possible without having to register for an account first.
Tanomoshii Nekojou

31Gabe wrote:

I primarily came here to persuade you about this, and I know there are many new osu! players that want their favorite beatmaps as soon as possible without having to register for an account first.
Is it really hard to enter your username and password just to download a beatmap? :deep_thinking:

I really don't get it. lol
abraker

Tanomoshii Nekojou wrote:

Is it really hard to enter your username and password just to download a beatmap? :deep_thinking:
Actually, good luck remembering the password you made in a password generator. I have no idea what my password is for osu! without looking it up.

That said, I think there is no point in restricting downloads only to logged in users. Anyone have a good reason to keep it the way it is?
Pawsu
I'm on the edge about it. I like to think it's there because it is an incentive to go and create an account / login, or maybe a privilege, but I don't know if it is too important to keep in either since it is annoying, and can be confusing to those who aren't logged in and don't know that you have to login to download the map.
-Makishima S-
Use bloodcat, problem solved.
peppy
osu! is an online game. please create an account to enjoy it.
beachTurkey

peppy wrote:

osu! is an online game. please create an account to enjoy it.
this post reminds me of when roblox took away the guest feature Kappa