forum

[Archived] Strange Interaction between Skin Reload and Collections

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
minerman5777
Hello,

So I made a skin recently, something personal so the game felt more my own. This, of course, required reloading the skin via the ctrl+alt+shift+s shortcut so I didn't have to constantly restart the game. For some reason, this causes Collections and their contents to disappear, almost as if deleted, and sometimes actually deleted. The first time it happened I lost 90% of my 40 song collection which I rebuilt. Then after some extra tinkering to make the skin a little better, I checked my collections to find all of them except for one with only 7 of >50 songs. After preparing to rebuild again, the collections reappeared, with all of their original contents.

I have no idea what could possibly be happening, but if any of you can replicate this that would be fantastic.

I'm running the latest stable version and update anytime the button appears.

Edit: One more thing, I've lost locally saved scores due to this bug as well, which really messes with how I track my PBs.
Naphe
try refreshing your beatmaps.
if thats too tad annoying, you can try repairing osu for the meantime. make sure to back up files
Topic Starter
minerman5777
I did do both, thinking that was the issue, but my local scores were gone, and the collections resolved themselves without the refresh or repair. What do I backup to keep local scores and/or collections?