forum

I think we should do something about JJ (Video Included)

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Athena-

UnderminE wrote:

we love jjrocks
Nekoroll
I came to this thread with expectations that jjrocks had done something wrong but found out that he didn't do anything wrong.

I still came though. :D
-Athena-

Nekoroll wrote:

I came to this thread with expectations that jjrocks had done something wrong but found out that he didn't do anything wrong.

I still came though. :D
you so mean~ XD
Copter-kun
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/jjplayer111

What do we have here.

There is the true culprit behind this
MMzz
Looks fun
Bobo_old

Copter-kun wrote:

Just a thought...
GladiOol
if I could actually read Chinese, I'd join it ):
wmfchris
In fact there're another game copying Osu a year ago. It only brings a short term shocking here but no effect on the long term.

The best action we should do is, ignore that game including discussion, and this thread.
Very soon the issue is over, and that game is over.
Cyclohexane
I'm still gonna post here because this is hilarious

Also we definitely should do something about JJ(rocks) missing meetings, that's almost two times in a row now :I
Shellghost
This whole thread and game where made to secretly plot a Coup d'état against JJ inside the osu!monthly team.
jjrocks
Wait what D: What have I done wrong! I've only created a game that rips off several aspects of osu :c nothing big!
Rii_old_1

Copter-kun wrote:

What do we have here.

There is the true culprit behind this

so pro after 1 day Q_Q
Fabi
jjrocks + osuplayer111 = chinese guy making a copy of osu!
Shohei Ohtani
-Athena-

GladiOol wrote:

if I could actually read Chinese, I'd join it ):
*gasps* kill the traitor!
and lol jjplayer111, nice find c-kun
Bobo_old

Losses wrote:

The installing pack of this game is 113mb
-Athena-

Bobo wrote:

Losses wrote:

The installing pack of this game is 113mb
LAWL that means only 113mb worth of beatmaps?
Cyclohexane
oh
I thought it was a flash game
-Athena-
Can't wait till osu! gets so popular that private servers emerge..
but then what would be the point @_@
Rii_old_1
I really wonder what osu! private servers could do when people have their own lobbies lol, though being #1 might feel nice for some noobs lul, or country only servers... hmm... thinking too much again lul
Topic Starter
Losses

Mr Color wrote:

oh
I thought it was a flash game
a link named "下載客戶端" have a try
palion

Rii wrote:

I really wonder what osu! private servers could do when people have their own lobbies lol, though being #1 might feel nice for some noobs lul, or country only servers... hmm... thinking too much again lul
http://pastebin.com/kbz6nyXm

a mock-client but a start

time to fire up wireshark ;p
Zelmarked

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Can't wait till osu! gets so popular that private servers emerge..
but then what would be the point @_@
To test hacking methods.

Score would be irrelevant. No mock up team of devs would work for a clone. Pretty much to test scripts.
Flanster
This game is a disrespectful cheap imitation and a complete piece of crap..lol
Vmx
So that's why White Wolf is so inactive.
kriers
not to mention cookiezi, or rucker... oh noes
Sync

palion wrote:

Rii wrote:

http://pastebin.com/kbz6nyXm

a mock-client but a start

time to fire up wireshark ;p
that was clearly not intended to be a mock-client
ampzz
Why are people so surprised by this?

Situations like this happen all the time; which is nothing new at all. The only difference is that individuals bring it up in a public thread such as this which is basically a free form of advertising that the creators of said programs don't have to do themselves.

The better idea would have been just to message the senior staff and/ or peppy himself.

Ethically this does breach on copyrights but well... shit happens.
palion

Sync wrote:

that was clearly not intended to be a mock-client
o ok

time to make full feature osu client in php with ajax, html5 canvas, and js??????

Zelmarked wrote:

To test hacking methods.
I disagree, people usually don't make private servers to test hacks; they make them to test their ability and see if they can actually do it.
LLJN
stupid JJ ever -.-
ziin
peppy doesn't like software patents / copyrights (or something like that). osu!droid and osu!iphone exist. Let's not forget that osu! is just a copy of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.
Sander-Don

ziin wrote:

Let's not forget that osu! is just a copy of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.
I love those kids that think peppy is the one that actually came up with the concept of osu!.
But yeah, I can't get a beatmap to work. :<
Anticloud
what im really wondering is why your so "excited" about this. post here, post in the jjonline forum,even sth like"to the foreigners"

i wont be suprised if one day you said these posts were for the aim of advertisement
jjrocks
I still panic for a second every time I open this thread
-Athena-

jjrocks wrote:

I still panic for a second every time I open this thread
someone's feeling guilty :3
i still love you though~
Flanster
I imported one of my maps in that game

Osu! > .osu files
JJ > .rk files renamed from .osu

A complete ripoff with different file extensions.The code inside is the same - BG,sound and video works.But custom hitsounds and skin dont.

Overall this game is a waste of time but it was interesting inspecting it.
Game stability is terrible and it lags, spikes.
Also errors (my gf's laptop).She was sad for not being able to play it =3=.Uninstalled it after.

and its very interesting that the default preview image (and avatar on first startup) is from a Technika wallpaper "Play the Future" (there was a song too I think)
-Athena-
what a surprise.. even the menus look the same
Haseo_old
what kind of crap is this
Cyclohexane

Anticloud wrote:

what im really wondering is why your so "excited" about this. post here, post in the jjonline forum,even sth like"to the foreigners"

i wont be suprised if one day you said these posts were for the aim of advertisement
I don't think a poorly made expy of osu! will ever get anywhere, seriously. It doesn't even work on my computer.
Sander-Don

Mr Color wrote:

I don't think a poorly made expy of osu! will ever get anywhere, seriously. It doesn't even work on my computer.
This lol.
show more