forum

Average difficulty according to playtime

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eriscium
Hey everyone !
Just wanted to know what is the average playtime/difficulty rating.

That means on average, if you have played 10 hours of osu! (like me), at which level should you be ?
I'm currently hitting 4-4,5 stars maps. Is that above/below average ?

thanks in advance ! ^^
D_Loomz
Don't care about that, you have way too less playtime to compare yourself to others, rather try to make better acc plays, u cant play 4* yet, play 2-3* if u want to improve (i guess u want to cause you already tried to compare yourself to others)
Realmas

DLoomz wrote:

u cant play 4* yet, play 2-3* if u want to improve
DeletedUser_6869432
Being able to play a certain usually means that you are consistent and get good ac and combo. Passing 4-4.5 star maps is not the same as actually being able to play them. Unless you really want to play a specific map, playing more is enough to improve.
Nikopai
I'd start off a little slower than that so you don't pick up bad habits. I did the same thing jumping to higher stars and now I'm just an 800h shitter.
worst fl player
Topic Starter
Eriscium
Thanks a lot everyone, is trying 3* songs in perfect difficulty a good idea ?
D_Loomz

Eriscium wrote:

Thanks a lot everyone, is trying 3* songs in perfect difficulty a good idea ?
I don't really get what perfect difficulty is, but if u don't feel what should you play and what you shouldn't:
1. Look at the beatmap search screen ON THE OLD SITE and click recommended difficulty, this gives you a star rating number, this is a star that you should be able to fc like really good, so if it's 2.4, try to play 2.5-3.0. If you feel it's really low and you CAN play like around 95% or more for a bit higher star rate play that, it's all good. WHAT SHOULD YOU AIM FOR? good acc, having fun, try not to retry, this gives you the opportunity to learn more basic patterns much faster, this gives you more skill, and you can push your comfort zone further and furher forth.

2. You can like manually check what your comfort zone is, try to play like a 2.5 * song, if u can play it well play harder and harder till you reach your limits (this is usually like getting 2 or more B-s), now STOP, play maps till this star rating, in this zone you can gain the most possible experience that will not be a bad habit later on (or i hope). It's important that you must come outside this zone too, your objective is not to play in this zone till dead, but to push this zone higher and higher. You CAN achieve this if u gain experience from the actual comf zone, that you can use in higher star diffs.

3.DONT RUSH! This game takes time, and that's good.

P.S. This is just my personal advice, not the Bible, you can follow this if u want to but it's always good to gain even more information from other people too, in osu knowing is a skill!!!!
ManuelOsuPlayer
Just play whatever you want. You will find what make you improve and what dosn't.
My Angel Jeremy
idk I played 727 hours but I still can't fc a 6 star blue zenith for my 727 pp