forum

Help me with reading, please

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Mar ]
How do I improve my reading very efficiently

Is sight reading better than retrying even if I choke?

Does reading = good aim?

Does reading = good acc?

Does reading help me with my shit pattern recognization?

I can hit almost every pattern on high ar (not so consistently but like 9-9.3, it's hittable)

When I play low ar I get around 85 percent accuracy and have a hard time trying to move within the patterns

I am trying to develop a Bikko/Cookiezi like aim style, following sliders properly, snapping to the middle of the circle, smooth aim

Is reading the key to everything
Wishes
Play a wide variety of maps, don't retry. Play maps with high object density and/or complex patterns and not too high AR. This will enforce your ability to comprehend everything that is on the screen rather than high AR where you just instantly move to what you see. Reading can help with aim, but not necessarily. They're two different skills, but interconnected.
Realmas
To answer your questions : yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes, reading is the key to everything. If you want that smooth aim, you need a smooth reading.
I dunno if for you it's like for me, but recently, during a time period when I felt like I wasn't improving and I was stuck, I tried improving my reading by playing lower AR and EZ a lot, and it completely changed the way I read, which was my main problem (but I didn't notice that it was until then). Adter that, I feel like I'm way more consistent and that I can FC long maps if they're in my skill range, which wasn't the case before.

So yeah, if you want to improve, improving your reading can only be a good thing, even though it might also not be what you're lacking. It's up to you to see.
ManuelOsuPlayer

[ Mar ] wrote:

How do I improve my reading very efficiently

Is sight reading better than retrying even if I choke?

Does reading = good aim?

Does reading = good acc?

Does reading help me with my shit pattern recognization?

I can hit almost every pattern on high ar (not so consistently but like 9-9.3, it's hittable)

When I play low ar I get around 85 percent accuracy and have a hard time trying to move within the patterns

I am trying to develop a Bikko/Cookiezi like aim style, following sliders properly, snapping to the middle of the circle, smooth aim

Is reading the key to everything
Play like you're playing autopilot.
Topic Starter
[ Mar ]
Play like you're playing autopilot.[/quote]

I try to do that
D_Loomz
Reducing the gamma helps reading too, a lot.
Topic Starter
[ Mar ]

Realmas wrote:

To answer your questions : yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes, reading is the key to everything. If you want that smooth aim, you need a smooth reading.
I dunno if for you it's like for me, but recently, during a time period when I felt like I wasn't improving and I was stuck, I tried improving my reading by playing lower AR and EZ a lot, and it completely changed the way I read, which was my main problem (but I didn't notice that it was until then). Adter that, I feel like I'm way more consistent and that I can FC long maps if they're in my skill range, which wasn't the case before.

So yeah, if you want to improve, improving your reading can only be a good thing, even though it might also not be what you're lacking. It's up to you to see.
But what if my hand suddenly snaps by itself, how do I fix that, that's so unsmooth
Topic Starter
[ Mar ]

Wishes wrote:

Play a wide variety of maps, don't retry. Play maps with high object density and/or complex patterns and not too high AR. This will enforce your ability to comprehend everything that is on the screen rather than high AR where you just instantly move to what you see. Reading can help with aim, but not necessarily. They're two different skills, but interconnected.
I don't really like high ar..
Nattsun

[ Mar ] wrote:

That's simply not true.

Reading is the key to everything, aim, accuracy and obviously consistency.
I don't see why you try to mimick someones aim, everyone plays with a different area/dpi and people have different grips. As long as you hit all notes it really doesn't matter how your aim looks :)
Topic Starter
[ Mar ]
Because I really care about how my aim looks xd
Endaris
If you want your aim to look sexy you simply have to play with mouse instead of tablet.
Mouse aim simply looks steady, snappy and just nice overall as you rarely make odd loops for direction changes and generally have a more smooth path. When using a pen you will often have odd direction changes during jumps as the direction changes with the angle your holding the pen with.
There are very few tablet players that have cursor movement as sexy as mouse players.
Topic Starter
[ Mar ]

Endaris wrote:

If you want your aim to look sexy you simply have to play with mouse instead of tablet.
Mouse aim simply looks steady, snappy and just nice overall as you rarely make odd loops for direction changes and generally have a more smooth path. When using a pen you will often have odd direction changes during jumps as the direction changes with the angle your holding the pen with.
There are very few tablet players that have cursor movement as sexy as mouse players.
I am not switchcing back to mouse, how do I become on of those players who have sexy aim with tablet
ManuelOsuPlayer

[ Mar ] wrote:

Endaris wrote:

I am not switchcing back to mouse, how do I become on of those players who have sexy aim with tablet
Get used to follow followpoints and slidders at the right speed. Or play old maps until you snipe the circles.
loveleft
turn on input latency/smoothing filter if you want your aim to look good
dung eater

[ Mar ] wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Maybe by using full/large area and dragging. Hovering/small area can cause pretty shaky results. Smallish area and drag or bigger area and hover might be stable enough, maybe.
Mouse still more stable and i'm a noob https://puu.sh/ApyRt.mp4
Deva
You acc you lose