forum

[resolved] Unplayable after an update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xayler
Problem Details: Today I just opened up the game and I had a osu! updater which I haven't seen for a long time now. After that I was told that I don't have enough graphics memory or something (why? I have always had and now suddenly not?) and I took the OpenGL or something. Now I have a game what's 1/4 of my screen (upper left) and lags A LOT + it tells me that it's ppy 2007-2015, what?
Also right below (this post) my osu version seems to be really weird, that is supposed to be true?

Just in case - I have Nvidia Geforce GTX 850M

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I can't take a screenshot as it went to fullscreen.

osu! version: 20160403.6
Furrious
Can you copy the stack error or paste the error that is provided from the game when you try to start it?

Go back to DirectX, not OpenGL. I ran into an issue earlier that was similar.
I want to see if it is related.

Also what is the version of your GeForce driver?
Topic Starter
Xayler
Thanks, idk where the error log is, my game boots up just normally now, but it has the silly opengl I think and lags a lot with small screen size. I should have the latest nvidia drivers and atm I'm downloading something hotfix what I found in the forums here.
Idk how to also go back to the DirectX.
Furrious
Yeah, I posted a hotfix for GeForce cards, I had the same issue this morning.

Check here to change back to DirectX: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/201708
Topic Starter
Xayler
Thanks, just looked that you posted about that 4 minutes earlier than my post. I just wrote mine in that time.
Seems to work now nicely, that pin would be good until new real nvidia driver comes which fixes this issue for everyone so +1 from me.
Furrious
No problemo muchacho! I had the same issue with Rocket League, GTA, and some other steam games. Figured I would drop a great fix here since I like to play osu a lot also!

If you could, post a +1 this fixed my issue on my forum? Try to get attention from the mods on my forum? Thanks :D
Topic Starter
Xayler
I'm sure that once this thread goes to resolved category, the mods should have an idea that they are linked.
I didn't run any other games except RuneScape though since yesterday so I didn't have any problems until now.